Notices

One Year & Over Part 43

Old 11-23-2016, 06:20 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
Well, my trip is off to a rousing start...NOT! I went to start my car this morning and it started making some LOUD rattling noises. Luckily, the repair shop opens at 7AM, so hopefully they can get it fixed. This could be a LOOOOONG day!
Good luck FBL. I hate car trouble!!Thinking of trading in my old Toyota. I worry that it might start to give me trouble though it's been good as gold for the last 10 years. There are some pretty good financing deals here and I can catch a few breaks if I buy it through my business. I think I would just get the latest version of the same car... But it's tempting just to keep on with the car I have. There is nothing wrong with it except a few dents and scrapes... Decisions, decisions
Old 11-23-2016, 07:13 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Tell me about it.....my car is a 95 Corolla, it has more than 300,000 Kms on it, and it runs great!

That's so wonderful about an SR marriage proposal, how romantic. It could be a screenplay.

You guys I know that I'm really lucky to have the job that I'm doing right now, it pays well and is interesting and challenging......but I have to say that yesterday I really hated it. I think I just need a break. Was in a bad mood yesterday.

Only two more days though! And then I get to relaaaaaaax, yes.

I had a talk with Mark yesterday about our relationship, where it's going. He's been sort of unavailable lately and it's been bothering me, so I told him so. It was a good talk, he's the kind of guy that you can say things to and he doesn't get defensive, just listens which is so nice. But I still struggle with trust. I've been putting more energy into it lately than he has, and it's not cool, and I think he gets it, but we'll see what happens. He sent me a really sweet text this morning first thing, so at least I know he's thinking about it.

Suze, you don't have to worry about this stuff anymore! Argh. Dating after 30, I tell ya! I used to laugh when people said that but it's so true.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Argh! I missed a few days and there are too many posts to read and catch up on! Got to dash out to an AA meeting in a few mins, but it is nice to pop in all the same.

A very Happy Thanksgiving to all in the USA for tomorrow
Old 11-23-2016, 10:53 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

to all of the wonderful Overs.

Guess I'm going to have to get used to this holiday, and lots of other American things (including Trump ) as I will be living here. Not sure when exactly.

Thank you all for your good wishes....still wrapping my head around all of this...miracles really do happen huh?
Old 11-23-2016, 01:06 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Yes, Suze, miracles really do happen :-)
Old 11-23-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Magsie

Miracles do happen, Suze X

Fbl, I hope your car gets sorted out and you travel to your mums trouble free! Take care.

A funnyish story I heard years ago, but I still laugh to this day at the silly remark I made. One of the fitters in the garage used to be in the army and was travelling back home in a plane. He said it wasn't good as there were no windows , to which I retorted , well it must have been really cold with no windows in! Sometimes I do wonder about me. At the time I fell about heap laughing.

Hubby has man flu so I'm keeping out of his way. I certainly don't want to catch it. He's such a grumpy when he's poorly.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I hope you made out ok with the car FBL and got on the road. If nothing else, better to have the problem at home than be stranded four hours from home.

Amp, my last car was like yours, ran well and cost me nothing but the usual upkeep. For twelve years, it was amazing but it got old in a worry and I wasted
more than a little cash attempting to keep it running. I would at least start considering what vehicle you will want next. Having to buy a car in a panic never worked out well for me.

Have a good evening, night , morning and Holiday everyone!
Old 11-23-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Re-Member

FG,
Good to see you are doing!

Suze,
We are likely moving to Canada for at least a four year stint and dual citizenship. Trump. That is all I am going to say. For my fellow Americans, if you are employed and in good health, Canada will add you to their national health care after you pass a health exam. You can't move there if you are going to stay retired one of each couple must be considered a valuable addition by dint of work experience. Heck I may just come out of retirement.
I am already done with this Canada immigrant info pdf and qualify across the board.: Publication - Welcome to Canada: What you should know

IP,
So glad you are talking before walking. One day with bad stuff is pretty good as many folks around the world would love to have our worst. We are considering Vancouver but we do dislike cities. So will likely find a nice place to settle in the rural side of the suburbs as we do now. NO problem buying a house as ours is paid for as well as having stock and land to liquidate or rent/lease. I'm serious. Lots to start to sell. I want to be in a tolerant country that celebrates their diversity. They take care of their less fortunate and have a great economy. We're in. NO idea where yet, and we will have to wait until the fall of 2017 to give us time to take our RV to the possible locations, and talk to realtors.
Hi Andy!
Gil!
Mags,
That is so good to hear. You were so worried about work. So glad for you. Yep we are still hearing about Trump too.

Hey Star!

Amp,
The best reason to upgrade your car now is that they now have great options for built in Bluetooth and hands free as well as navigation. Keeping the old car longer does have the advantage of it not being targeted for theft.
Hi Sassy!

RZ,
Amen!

FBL,
Hey bud did you ever make it with your car?? Hope it went well and you got off early enough to get some bird.

I am still taking it easy on my back. But it has only been a week since the lumbar surgery and two weeks since the cervical.Tomorrow we go over to my FIL and have turkey with him and BIL/SIL. Smallest gathering yet. 2nd T-Day since we lost my MIL. We are going to malke it the best for my FIL and hope he can make it out of bed for a bit. Not a downer. It will be a good day.

Here's a thanksgiving cheer from a turkey!

Last year our turkey was possessed!

Old 11-23-2016, 07:31 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Wow Itchy.....when is this happening love?
Old 11-23-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Itchy, if I were employable and not so fond of dogs and cats, I'd consider Canada too. I am still in shock and denial and have stopped reading my news emails cause I can't bear to be that depressed.

Coming up in 15 days will be seven years sober! I'm tickled pink to be living a sober life. My life is good (so far) and I'm healthy enough to get up each day and be grateful I'm on the right side of the grass.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:52 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, welcome to the Commonwealth, Itch
I have nothing but good things to say about Canadians

D
Old 11-23-2016, 11:04 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Itchy, does look like an alien turkey, lol!

Not had much sleep with hubbys 'flu' he's been coughing all night!

Hope it's a good day for us all, overs.
Old 11-23-2016, 11:51 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Itchy - Canada eh! I loved it there.

FBL - how's the car? - what a cliff hanger.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:06 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Suze a whole new start, how exciting! You need to send Goat to the Overs so the rest of them can give him a once over and make sure they're happy he's good enough for you! (He rocks!)

FBL did you make it down??

FG good to see you.

Itchy, is there a mass migration north of the border?? Are the Canadians asking what's it all aboot??

IP men are seldom on the same page as women in any relationship, remember we are from different planets. It's not enough to hope they understand us, we need to explain ourselves in words of one syllable or less.... And frequently....their teeny tiny Martian brains do not retain relationship related information for any length of time. It's not their fault, we need to make allowances for them. They do have their uses, so it is often worth keeping at least one of them around. ( unless they begin to make the place look untidy then perhaps a rethink.)

Mags, I hope your Martian is recovering. Xx

Hugs all x
Old 11-24-2016, 03:13 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Itch, I swear I saw the Virgin Mary in that turkey!

I hope you post a rolling travelogue as you check out sites in Canada. I've always been fascinated with the western plains provinces--and the Northwest Territories (did you know that Joni Mitchell is from the NW Territories?). I'm interested in Labrador and Newfoundland, too--but any of those places would be way too cold for me.

Northeast Quebec has some of the loveliest countryside I've ever seen.

Looking forward to your notes and reflections!
Old 11-24-2016, 03:25 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Itchy, I have longingly thought about moving to Canada but I have no wish to go back to work :-(. One of my neighbors in the OFH is from Canada. She says the health care is pretty bad and she wouldn't go back. All in the perspective I guess. Love the possessed turkey.

Mags, hope your Martian gets better soon (for your sake).

FBL, I'll add to the chorus here: how's the car?

Hi FG...

IP, it sounds like you are enjoying this move and your new apartment. I hope you find a compatible relationship.

Hi Suze - I agree with Toots - please bring Goat over here so we can check him out :-)

Least - awesome on 7 years very soon!

Hi Andy, RZ, SG, Amp, Gilmer, Glee, Carlos and everyone else.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:45 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

We continue here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-44-a.html