Notices

One Year & Over Part 43

Old 11-03-2016, 10:50 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

InPar, I am so thrilled that you are finally experiencing the peace and serenity of your new apartment.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Good news from the doc today. The lab results are that all of the melanoma was removed during the last procedure. The body scan went well- the doctor did one biopsy on a mole on my chest as a precaution to check it out, but no more melanoma was found. waiting on the lab results for that now. I will have a follow up in six months. In a week I can get the stiches out but I feel better now.

InPar- congratulations on your new job and apartment!
Old 11-03-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

That's fantastic, WWS!
Old 11-03-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

WWS - Great news!!

Gil - The little guy sprayed his hair indigo blue!

Andy - I hope you were able to manage to find the patience to take care of the door -and your dad.

InPar - Congrats in moving into your new place. I hope you enjoy the "fruit" of your sobriety and the independence of having your own place.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:00 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Hi, Overs!

Well, I'd say the trip to NYC was not only a successful step in sobriety but also great fun!

I've been reading along, but gosh finally caught up on things around here and had a full schedule of kid things as soon as we hit the ground.

What can I say- the city is amazing. We did a lot of the standard tourist things, which didn't disappoint. We stayed in Times Square, which is a busy place... Rockefeller Center, saw a show on Broadway called 'Something Rotten', a comedy about 2 brothers trying to complete with Shakespeare. It was hilarious and we recognized several actors from TV (like the guy who played Gil the restaurant critic on Frasier, for instance). We went to the Comedy Cellar and saw probably 5-6 standup comedians, also very fun. Horse and carriage through Central Park to see more sites and buildings where the rich and famous reside, 5th Avenue shopping, Trump Tower, Statue of Liberty, the very sobering 9-11 Memorial, Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, rode the subway and saw street performers, many interesting conversations with taxi and Uber drivers..... and the highlight......amazing food for every meal. Seriously, everything down to the hot dog cart was awesome. One night we had amazing Indian curry, another we had reservations at a restaurant with a pawn shop for a front entrance, and a bistro in the back.

Anyway, it's a hellavu town and I look forward to going back. Next time we would like to do more of the historical sights and tours.

Traveling sober is the way to go. Had I been drinking, there is no doubt my list would have been at least 75% shorter, and all things accomplished would have been either during a hangover or blackout. The trip was a gift of sobriety, no doubt- and 3 count 'em- 3 date nights with Mr. Dharma. Instead of cocktails we ended each evening getting coffee and pastries at different bakeries. Delightful.

Well, enough of my Ego....

IP, I am so excited for you and your new apartment!

WWS, that is excellent news from your Dr.! Congrats.

Itch, I think I'm going to study these management tips when it comes to parenting my 7 year old. Seriously, we are in constant battles as to who is in charge. Clearly this mom-ager needs a course in assertion!!

Hugs to everyone!
Old 11-03-2016, 10:46 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs, it's Friday! But you know what, I don't mind, I actually look forward to going to my job, I'm so amazed! And happy.

Dharma, so pleased you had a wonderful time in New York. You did so much in the time you where there. Oh I loved the horse and carriage part. ........ You made me smile with your 7 year old....mom ager,

Andy, I hope you got your door hung and not your dad, lol.

Inpar, pleased your moved and in your own home now.

I hope it's a Felicitously good Friday overs.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:59 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Dharma, What. A. Blast!--and what a great description! I'm so glad you had a good time!
Old 11-04-2016, 12:23 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

WWS Great news

IP enjoy your new home

Mags how lovely I am so happy you are enjoying the new job

Dharma you made me homesick! I loved New York when we lived in Boston, began to feel like an old hand there by the time we came back to the UK jealous much?? Heck yeah!!! So glad you had fun and totally right about sober being the way to enjoy visiting places. I doubt the great memories I have of the Big Apple would be so numerous or pleasant had I been drinking at the time.

Have an fandabbydozy Friday everyone!
Old 11-04-2016, 03:45 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

great new wws!

glad you had a nice time dhar

i used to enjoy NYC, now it makes me twitch!
Old 11-04-2016, 04:05 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

WWS, great news!

IP, sounds like you're enjoying your new place.

Dharma, what a trip!

Have a Fantastic Friday, overs!
Old 11-04-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

WWS, so happy to hear your news!

IP, nice that you have your own apartment - I'll bet it will remove some stress from your life.

Mags, I'm delighted you are enjoying your new job :-)

Dharma, sounds like a delightful trip. I grew up near NYC and went there often. I've never found anyplace quite like it.

Hi to all!
Old 11-04-2016, 09:46 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Have a great weekend! Take care is you're going to a Guy Fawkes fireworks event.
Old 11-05-2016, 12:30 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

And send soothing waves to my poor Molly who trembles and salivates all through the bangs and flashes that have been going on sporadically for days!
Old 11-05-2016, 02:58 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Poor Molly!

Holidays are fun, but I hope they're over soon.

There are a lot of pets who freak out over fireworks. They have pills to help relax them (and special harnesses), but I know one lab owner who says they're all a waste of money.

You might as well make a nest of soft blankets under the bed for her!
Old 11-05-2016, 03:13 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Thank you for all the patience. My Dad and I got the door hung and had some laughs along the way. Star - the lintel above the door is not level and the floor below it isn't level (1" lower one side!) What fun we had.

WWS great to hear your Doctors have caught all your melanoma.

Toots - my parents' cat runs outside when she hears a firework or thunder, strange.

Have a Scintillating Saturday everyone.
Old 11-05-2016, 03:32 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Andy, glad you and your dad had some laughs! That sounds like it was a challenging project.

Toots, please give Molly a nice, soft

Have a super Saturday to all.
Old 11-05-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody and have a good weekend!

Good to hear the door project went well Andy!
Old 11-05-2016, 04:21 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Have a great weekend, overs!
Old 11-05-2016, 04:35 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm very glad to read your news WWS

D
Old 11-05-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Congrats on the great news WWS!

Inpar, I am glad that you are finding a little serenity in your own place. I much rather live in a smaller place by myself than share a larger one with others. I have enough drama in life without coming home to more at the end of a day!

Tree, I am glad the door hanging went well and that you had a few laughs along the way!

Dharma, sounds like you had a great time. I have never done NYC sober so I have missed many cultural opportunities while sitting in bars.

I love that you are enjoying your job now Mags. We spend so much time at our work, that it really affects us profoundly. I can't help thinking that dealing with the changes sober helped you to have a positive outcome.

Have a great weekend all!