Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 48

Old 10-19-2016, 05:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sass, I love va!! It's where the non Italian half of my family is from. Central and south, in the hills. sorry about your daughter. She's a big girl, it's gotta be hard to let her be when you know she's hurting.

Toots, you are the best step mom. Just continue to be your awesome, smart, loving self. She'll get over it. Or you won't. But nothing about you needs to change. I'm glad you posted here, that kind of thing is super resentment fuel. It is really helpful for me to get my resentments out so they don't fester. They hurt me, not the other person. Your stepdaughter has her own pool of stuff to deal with if she's jealous of her own dad like that. You are right, that's not normal for a grown woman. And it has nothing to do with you.

Trachy, that's what I call the new car curse. Happens to me with every new thing I get it seems. I'm glad you are ok. I know it's super frustrating, I've been there with a brand new truck, pretty new car, new clothes, even dented the hell out of my fancy coffee mug hiking. It sucks.

Duff, I hope things are calming down for you and your family.

Just got a county le minutes before work, driveby. Things are alright here. Work is crazy. J and I have been raising monarchs, it's fun to be monarch butterfly mommies.

Had a physical and a fancy lung test. My liver is "beautiful" . But my lungs are angry. It's definitely athsma, so we are working at getting it controlled. It kind of sucks, but im relieved to have a clear diagnosis. The lung tech explained some of my wierd stuff like coughing at night, and she's the one who pointed out that I cough when I laugh. Athsma, classic symptom apparently.

Of all the autoimmune diseases out there, I'll take this one. It shouldn't mess with me too much once we get it under control. The advair pretty much nails it, but makes me hoarse by noon. That's a pain when you talk to big groups of people for a living. But that's ok, I'll live.

Hope everyone is doing well! Gotta go teach a bunch of kindergarteners about habitats...
Old 10-19-2016, 06:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you, WeHav. Glad you got a diagnosis for your asthma.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

hi everyone ! Just stopped in to say HI!
Going to AA today and doing great !
Babs
Old 10-19-2016, 07:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Have a great day, Babs!
Old 10-19-2016, 07:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

hi there Gillmer ! !
Babs
Old 10-19-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Good to hear from you We, and glad you seem to be doing so well

Thank you all for the support, I needed it. Hubby says all the right thinsg, but he doesn't like to actually do anything!

Aww Trachy, I feel your pain. I'm the same with anything new. A friend deliberately dinks her new cars with a hammer so she doesn't have to dread the first one!

Sass I hope the weekend isn't too much of a chore. Understanding why someone is being mean to you doesn't make the mean any less upsetting though does it!

Love you all xx
Old 10-21-2016, 10:01 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yikes! Just saved us from moving down to the next page!!!

Hi We! Love when you pop in

Last night I took the boys to a Pirate Dance at their school. I forgot how much fun dances were!! It strikes me as too bad that kids grow up and then alcohol is introduced to their social situations. There is so much fun and joy to be had without substances. And of course we all know the destruction it can lead to.

Anyway, I start my new job on Monday! I've decided that the plan is to learn as much as I can (much like an internship) and then take the position in the other town!!! Lots to do first, get through this divorce first and foremost. Living together is hard. We're actually getting along very well at the moment but he really irritates me -- not anything his fault really but it's hard. Anyway, hopefully no longer than another few months.

TGIF here!!!! Gilmer, is Suze coming your way soon? I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-21-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Sounds terrific, Duff!

Glad things are going smoothly in the days leading up to the divorce.

I expect Suze on Thurs., Nov. 10; she'll leave on Sat., Nov. 12.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I expect Suze on Thurs., Nov. 10; she'll leave on Sat., Nov. 12.
Lucky you! I can't wait to hear all about your visit.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Phew, trip over and back home :-)

It was good to see my two sisters and my nephew (scary - he is shortly turning 50!). It got a wee bit dicey a few times. We all watched the debate and one of my sisters and I support one candidate while the other supports the opposite major party. Then my brother-in-law went into one of his looonng and boring stories about how he "channels" the unreal books he writes and now is channeling other stuff besides. Hoo boy! I guess lots of families have a fruitcake.

Other than that it was a good visit.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:52 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

My brother 'channels' a lot of ...stuff... too Sass

good to see you back

D
Old 10-21-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee! It's good to be back home :-)

I practically had alcohol shoved in my face each evening. A wee bit rough but I never seriously considered it except for one very brief moment. I quickly ran through my usual "think it through to the end" and was back in balance.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Way to go Sass ! I'm going to go through the same thing today. I have a 50th anniversary party which is going to be held at a bar and then a football game with the local college here. Ohhhh boy ! will there be booze==But, I've been there done it before and will do it again. I will just remember the outcome if I pick up again. Have a great day everyone.
Babs
Old 10-22-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hope you can manage to have a good time anyway, Babs.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, Babs!
Old 10-22-2016, 09:56 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Yes, Babs, I hope you have fun despite the party atmosphere!
Old 10-22-2016, 09:57 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Sass, glad you made it through your family reunion. We have quite a few "characters" in our family too.
Old 10-22-2016, 12:18 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

OK, so Sass's recap of meeting up with the family and Bab's day today have me thinking and I'm scared! On November 18 I'm flying to Boston to celebrate my nephew's engagement and the next day we're tailgating at the Yale/Harvard game. Oh there will be booze, lots and lots of it. But that's not what has me nervous. Because it will be a crazy party scene I'm not brining the kids. This is the first time since I've been married, so figure 10 years, that I'm going away on my own. I'm staying in a different hotel from other family and I am nervous! This is crazy, Prior to getting married I was crazy independent and I was always traveling by myself to meet up with family, friends, or just myself. I guess this is just the first of many post marriage firsts that I'm going to have to adjust to. I'm not worried about the socializing part b/c I'll be surrounded by people (lots and lots of people lol) but I'm worried about the alone time in the hotel. Isn't that weird? I'm thinking of asking my niece who goes to school up there to stay with me, I figure she might want a break from the dorm.
Old 10-22-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

What are you worried about Duff? You don't drink.
Old 10-22-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

True. Thanks, Trach. You have a way of breaking it down and making it seem simple.