Notices

Class of September 2016 Part 4

Old 10-24-2016, 11:54 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Good vibes sent Wind
Old 10-24-2016, 12:08 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Court is OVER!
And I couldn't have expected a better outcome.
Just probation ... I did a good job proving that my ex was abusive and I wasn't just the crazed drunk girlfriend.

I can't even express how relieved I am. Got the best Judge, and even the Crown ended up rooting for me.

I'm having a nap now.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Wind!!! Very happy for you sista!
Old 10-24-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Living the life

Windancer that is great news! I am so happy for you. Now you can move on with your life. Things are definitely looking up
Old 10-24-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Happy for you Windancer, glad it's over
Old 10-24-2016, 06:01 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Nice one Windancer
Old 10-24-2016, 11:44 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Windancer - that's such great news and must be a big weight off your shoulders. So pleased for you. Things are looking good! Xx
Old 10-25-2016, 03:28 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats windancer

D
Old 10-25-2016, 04:33 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

One week now.

Yesterday I went to IKEA which is quite a way away, on the motorway. Just traveled in the car with my family and helped with putting stuff in the car but it was nice to be out.

I am going to Dudley later, same thing again. I'm looking forward to it, hope I see the castle.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:34 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Living the life

Good morning folks.

Martin that sounds wonderful! I hope you get to visit the castle. I was in England earlier this year visiting family (I moved away to Canada at 3yo). I went to the Tower of London this trip and it was well worth it! On previous trips I've been to Arundel Castle and Sandringham. I love the historic buildings there.

Windancer hope you were able to finally get a good night's sleep. Looks like everyone else is doing well, although still no Snarly sighting.

Day 5 here. Heading home today from a great weekend with my husband and daughter. I got lots of granddaughter time in

Have a good one everyone.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:22 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hello Class of September!

Wow I slept like a baby last night Helen

I'm still feeling tired and drained but I am sure that will ease as I've had the weight of the world lifted off my shoulders.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Snarly, I hope you are well!
Old 10-25-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Good morning September class.
Day 44 here.
Congrats to everyone who keeps trying.
Never give up.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:31 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Still not drinking. Still absolutely TANKING on this work project. Deeply uninspired. Difficult not to suspect a connection... I get v stressed about work and up to a certain point, alcohol did help. I know that might be my AV talking, but it is also true. I get paralysed with fear when I have a big creative project in front of me, and alcohol has always taken the edge off that fear - made me feel like I could try something out. My routine was usually to work all afternoon / evening (am not a morning person - booze or no booze) and then "reward" myself with drinking to stay up late into the night. It was often those late night sessions where I had the breakthrough I needed. Without the booze, I'm just tired and scared of the project. Actually facing losing work here if I can't find a way to get this done.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:32 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Living the life

SSOH that is huge that you are able to recognize what is going on. Are you able to explore other ways of destressing and relaxing to get those creative juices flowing?
Old 10-25-2016, 12:51 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HelenofTroy View Post
Good morning folks.

Martin that sounds wonderful! I hope you get to visit the castle. I was in England earlier this year visiting family (I moved away to Canada at 3yo). I went to the Tower of London this trip and it was well worth it! On previous trips I've been to Arundel Castle and Sandringham. I love the historic buildings there.

Windancer hope you were able to finally get a good night's sleep. Looks like everyone else is doing well, although still no Snarly sighting.

Day 5 here. Heading home today from a great weekend with my husband and daughter. I got lots of granddaughter time in

Thanks!

I did go and see it, I have seen it before but this was over ten years ago. It's not a particularly big castle but as you're driving up the road it's quite imposing, it's on the top of a grassy hill and it sort of seems like it's looking down on you. I imagined people trying to invade it centuries ago and seeing the same thing (but in better condition obviously). Enjoyed it.

Have just came back from an evening walk, no desire to drink. Day 7 is almost over.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

36 days in... I'm feeling ok, although I'm on an emotional rollercoaster at the moment. I think I drank to drown out my thoughts and feelings for so long and now I finally have the time and clear head to face them. It can be tough a lot of the time, to have to examine my past actions and behaviour.

But I'm having plenty of good moments too. And feeling positive for the future. When I remember to take things one day at a time, everything seems so much easier.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by SomeSortOfHuman View Post
Still not drinking. Still absolutely TANKING on this work project. Deeply uninspired. Difficult not to suspect a connection... I get v stressed about work and up to a certain point, alcohol did help. I know that might be my AV talking, but it is also true. I get paralysed with fear when I have a big creative project in front of me, and alcohol has always taken the edge off that fear - made me feel like I could try something out. My routine was usually to work all afternoon / evening (am not a morning person - booze or no booze) and then "reward" myself with drinking to stay up late into the night. It was often those late night sessions where I had the breakthrough I needed. Without the booze, I'm just tired and scared of the project. Actually facing losing work here if I can't find a way to get this done.
Hi SSOH

For a long time I used alcohol to *help* - it actually took me a while to realise that alcohol can't make talent.

I'd simply become used to using alcohol in a particular way.

The good thing is we have an amazing facility to re-learn behaviour.

I'm as creative as I ever was now...maybe even a little more productive because I push myself a little harder and sweat a project out a little more now that I'm not relying on alcohol as a necessary ingredient for success.

Hang in there - I'm sure inspiration will come
Old 10-26-2016, 12:09 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Day 48 done. Into day 49 before bed... Hope everyone had a good Tuesday and has a good Hump day.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Living the life

Good morning folks.

Just checking in. Day 6. That is all.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!
Day#43.
I still can't believe Court is done and over wow. I'm free to get on with my life and that is a wonderful feeling. As long as I don't drink I will never ever get into such bad situations again.

Still going to a rehab center. I'm only wondering if I should wait until spring ... my parents are stuck looking after my horses in the dead of winter and I know they aren't thrilled with it. Going in January seems like perfect timing to me but I know it is not to my parents. Maybe I'll bring it up with them and see what they say.

I feel like I've gotten a little off track with the AA program lately. So I did some reading of the Big Book last night. It's my homegroup meeting tonight. I also ordered some books from Amazon about working the 12 Steps from a Buddhist and more new age point of view, as while I believe in Jesus the religion of Christianity does not resonate with me. I'm more spiritual then religious. So anyhow I'm looking forward to those books.

Hope everyone is doing well.