SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Venuscat's thread - An unexpected bump in the road Pt.3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/398892-venuscats-thread-unexpected-bump-road-pt-3-a.html)

Soberpotamus 10-12-2016 05:00 AM

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/bon-...r-53483133.jpg

Kris47 10-12-2016 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover (Post 6170729)
Safe travels, Suze! I wish you were coming my way, but I'll live vicariously through your posts here at SR:)

We'll be on her agenda next time. ;)

Kris47 10-12-2016 08:11 AM

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP....9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

Have a safe trip, the time of your life, angels watching over you. Love you!

Anna 10-12-2016 09:29 AM

Safe travels, Suze! I hope the trip is relatively stress-free.

And, I'm hoping for photos. :)

feeling-good 10-12-2016 10:42 AM

Safe travels! Looking forward to your next update :)

Dharma33 10-12-2016 11:15 AM

.........and she's off!!!!!! Wishing you happy and safe travels, dear Suze!

Kris47 10-12-2016 02:02 PM

Fly with the angels!

wpainterw 10-12-2016 06:00 PM

Suze: We hope that the first SR pal you meet lets us know as soon as possible of your safe arrival in the U.S! Hope your jet lag wears off quickly! Have a wonderful visit!

Bill.

venuscat 10-12-2016 06:17 PM

Goat ~ if you're reading this, PLEASE check your email.

Not doing so well here guys....nothing for me to eat. Garlic when there's not supposed to be. Hmmm.

wpainterw 10-12-2016 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6171737)
Goat ~ if you're reading this, PLEASE check your email.

Not doing so well here guys....nothing for me to eat. Garlic when there's not supposed to be. Hmmm.

Hi Suze: Sorry about the garlic. Of course Dracula is not troubling you since he's afraid of garlic:dee (ha! ha!). Seriously, are you sending us this Email from the plane and are still en route or have you arrived in the U.S. (Where? New York? Is Goat meeting you?). I have put in a post to Goat to please keep us posted. Hope that, but for the garlic, things are pretty much going O.K.

Bil;l;.

Delilah1 10-12-2016 07:28 PM

Have you landed Suze? Will you be out in California?

Soberpotamus 10-12-2016 07:45 PM

What's going on, Suze?

Gilmer 10-12-2016 08:32 PM

Oh, Suze! I hope that they can give you something--even if it's just crackers--something!

BarbieKen 10-12-2016 08:51 PM

Suze, I popped over here to see if you posted. Mmmm...

wpainterw 10-12-2016 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus (Post 6171828)
What's going on, Suze?

With all respect, Suze and Goat, what with all the support we've given you don't we deserve to know a little bit? (I sent you a P.M., Goat, quite a few hours ago).Are you in trouble or is it just the food on the plane? Has your flight landed? Where? If not, where is it headed? We care about you even if we can't do a thing to help!
Fondly,

Bill. (It's 12:30 a.m. here on the East Coast)

Dee74 10-12-2016 09:57 PM

With all due respect I'm not sure any of us *deserves* to know anything.

We don't give support in the expectation it entitles us to anything, surely?

I realise a lot of folks care about Suze and I'm sure she knows that too :)

I'm sure Suze will give us updates, when she can, one way or another?

D

Delizadee 10-12-2016 10:11 PM

Hey Suze:)
I was thinking of you today and wondering where your thread went and lo and behold I see I have some catching up to do!
I hope you are well, I hope you are having safe, wonderful amazing exciting beautiful wonderful starsprinkly travels. :)

I have always loved flying in airplanes. Everything about it is it's own special experience. Looking out over a vast expanse of sky, land, water, clouds, startling blue or blinding whites, blazing sun or bursts of storms popping up, all this through a teeny little window. The marvels of being able to travel safely long distances buckled in safely with a bunch of strangers who could become 2 to 18 hour friends or foes, depending on the person and the destination ;) nothing like the anticipation of boarding and taking off, the bumping through turbulence (that always put me to sleep) and finally touching down to your destination where further adventure awaits. The hiss of the air vents over head, the smell of the food warming, the smiling flight attendants, the annoyances and humours of travel. A big experience in this oddly smallish package for what it gets us to.
Can you tell I have flown a lot and always loved it? :)

have fun sending you love and sunny thoughts your way. I look forward, well we all look forward to hearing your adventures upon return. I am so thrilled for you. :hug:

love Del

wpainterw 10-12-2016 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6171887)
With all due respect I'm not sure any of us *deserves* to know anything.

We don't give support in the expectation it entitles us to anything, surely?

I realise a lot of folks care about Suze and I'm sure she knows that too :)

I'm sure Suze will give us updates, when she can, one way or another?

D

Quite so. Thanks for reminding me Dee.Please withdraw this post.

Bill

Dee74 10-12-2016 11:56 PM

Hi Bill I sent you a PM as well so sorry in advance for repeating some things here.

I'm going to leave things as they are.

Your post doesn't break any rules, and I completely understand you're worried about Suze. It's a good attribute to have :)

Sounds like there was a mix up with her meal to me?
Hopefully the airline could provide a suitable substitute...and here's hoping nothing more serious has happened :)

I'm not up on when people can use electronic devices on aircraft and when they can't.

I'm sure we'll hear from Suze as soon as she can post :)

D

Gilmer 10-13-2016 12:24 AM

I am praying very hard, Suze, as I'm sure we all are.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: