SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year and Under Club Part 56 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/398577-one-year-under-club-part-56-a.html)

Dee74 10-05-2016 04:28 AM

One Year and Under Club Part 56

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-55-a-20.html

D

stargazer016 10-05-2016 01:19 PM

Thanks for the new thread Dee!

Saskia 10-06-2016 01:33 AM

Shotgun!

Thanks, Dee!

Good morning to all.

kopfan 10-06-2016 01:58 AM

Morning Sober People!

I remember after a couple of months thinking "what am I going to do with all this time?"

Sometimes I'd sit down in front of the TV with my chocolate treats and feel sorry for myself. A gaping time void had suddenly opened up in my life. Where I used to drink the time away now there was.... nothing.

Fast forward three months and now there aren't enough hours in the day! The change in attitude has been incredible.

My brain tries to tell me that I should have a beer "to be social" but I guess like most other problem drinkers, in the end I was one of those totally unsocial tipplers who did all my drinking away from the bright lights.

Drinking killed all my ideas, my creativity and sapped the life out of me. I'm glad to be back! Sod the beer!

I made a routine and put it all in google calendar. Even down to cleaning the fish tank on a Sunday afternoon and the times to pick my Son up from college. It works ... but following the routine and tweaking it is very different from just writing it down. Man I had so many calendars in the past full of work to be done that never got done.

So learning to follow the routine is my new routine.

Have a great day everyone!

stargazer016 10-06-2016 06:23 AM

Good morning all!

Day off and the sun is shining. It's funny how endless cloudy days can really sap my energy levels and remind me that my AV isn't dead, it's just hibernating.

Have a great day everyone!

Dharma23 10-06-2016 07:09 AM

Wow, I know what you mean kopfan, when I was drinking from wakeup till bed I had lists of stuff to do every day, but none of it seemed to get done, I would just drink beer and read and let life slip by me. Now it seams I don't have a minute to sit and relax, but I am OK with it now, it keeps my mind from wandering down dark paths and wanting to use or drink. I am having a pretty easy time of DOING everything I can to ensure my sobriety now as it's only been a week clean and sober, and I really want it this time around. Peace, Love, and Serenity to you kopfan and to all of you on this site. :You_Rock_

Babs1234 10-06-2016 11:46 AM

thank you Dharma--
Babs

Saskia 10-07-2016 02:52 AM

Same to you, Dharma :hug:

Good morning, Undies!

Simplicity4114 10-07-2016 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by kopfan (Post 6162518)
I remember after a couple of months thinking "what am I going to do with all this time?"

Sometimes I'd sit down in front of the TV with my chocolate treats and feel sorry for myself. A gaping time void had suddenly opened up in my life. Where I used to drink the time away now there was.... nothing.

...Fast forward three months and now there aren't enough hours in the day! The change in attitude has been incredible.

...So learning to follow the routine is my new routine.

This is exactly how I feel right now! I've never been great at setting routines, but it has become a very important part of my sobriety. I've recently upped my efforts to schedule down time into my routines. I get so busy doing-doing-doing that I'm not as attentive to internal thoughts/feelings as I need to be and before I know it, the ole AV is whispering in my ear.
Similarly, I've also had the thoughts about having a random drink from time to time; socially of course, just one. What could it hurt? All lies. I can never drink again because I it will never be just 1. It does make me feel kind of sad at times, like pulling the plug on a bad relationship....but I've read enough posts on this site to know where 1 drink leads. No where I want to be.

Saskia 10-07-2016 04:05 AM

Yes, Simplicity - you are so right. After 13 years sober, one drink was my downfall and led to 3 years of trying to stop again. Any time I'm tempted, I think of that plus the time it took for me to get past one month without drinking and the urge disappears quickly.

Zanna 10-07-2016 04:15 AM

Just when I think I've discovered everything that SR has to offer, I now find this thread :)
SR really IS 'the gift that keeps on giving' :)

stargazer016 10-07-2016 05:49 AM

I think we lost everyone with the new thread, lol!

tootsl1 10-07-2016 06:08 AM

I'm here Stargazer!

kopfan 10-08-2016 03:14 AM

Morning Everyone!

There are two "Part 56" threads running concurrently at the moment so one needs to be closed I think.

Saskia 10-08-2016 04:08 AM

SG, I'm here too :-)

Thanks, Dee.

Good morning all.

Dee74 10-08-2016 04:14 AM

Sorry about that guys - one thread now :)

D

Simplicity4114 10-08-2016 04:52 AM

Thanks D!

Saskia 10-09-2016 04:27 AM

Welcome, Zana! There's always room for another here :-)

Good morning, Undies.

stargazer016 10-09-2016 04:39 AM

Hi Zana! Great to see you here!

Have a great day all!

tootsl1 10-09-2016 05:45 AM

I was sitting there, all alone on the thread, wondering where you all were, twiddling my thumbs. Then today, I couldn't even do that! Went back to my last Undie post, followed the link and here you all are!

Kopfan I really struggle with routine, I'm not good at it, yet my life is so much better and I am so much happier when I do have a routine in it. Running with the dog in the mornings has forced a getting up routine on me, which does mean I am up and about for the rest of the day's chores.