Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 56

Old 10-26-2016, 08:09 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

hi everyone ! thanks for all the congrats. I'm sooo proud this time.
I'm like a kid at the candy store. and speaking of candy Kopfan I still eat my chocolate and cookies. luv them knumbmeeee. But, will try and cut back. I lost so much weight drinking that I needed to put on a few pounds and believe me it's not taking long to put it back on. I just need to start eating healthier and of course exercise but, this old body is a little bit of a slacker. Just like my drinking it's always tomorrow. Well, I'm going to watch it so, it doesn't get to far out of control. Anyway enuf of me---How are you guys doing?
Have a great day and thanks again.
Babs
Old 10-26-2016, 08:45 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I just can't lose the weight.

In six months I've lost 6 lbs. One for every month I've been sober. It's infuriating. I'm about 2.5 stone overweight.

I eat pretty healthily, I have days of soup for lunch and salad for dinner. It seems to make no difference what I eat, I stay the same weight. Even when I eat ice cream and pizza. No change.

I started lifting weights 3 times a week in the mornings and I take the dogs out for an hour every day. Yes I know I sit at the PC for the rest of the day and that's probably the issue.

The only thing I can think of is that my body is still in shock after getting most of it's calories from beer and wine for the last 30 years.

Yesterday I had juice for breakfast, a juice for dinner and gammon, egg and sausage for dinner. No chocolate or cookies. Today I've had an omelette and some nuts so far. Not sure what to do for dinner.

I should be losing it at a fast rate but it's not happening. I'm just stuck with a beer belly!
Old 10-26-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

oh I know that can be frustrating and we didn't put it on over night and would like to lose it over night. Hang in there my friend.
Babs
Old 10-26-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

This is true Babs. It took years to put this on. I guess I can't expect to lose it all overnight!
Old 10-26-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

congratulations on 6 months Babs!
Old 10-26-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

do you drink a lot of water Kopfan? that always helps.

Make sure you are eating enough calories too.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:13 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Morning Everyone!

Hi Midwest, Yes I drink enough water, I like the bottled sparkling lemon flavored. It's possible I'm not eating enough. I have an account at Livestrong so I'll measure it for a few days.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-26-2016, 10:27 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I started filling in the calories for everything I've eaten over the past couple of days and immediately found the problem.

I'm eating enough to maintain weight but not to lose it!
I forgot to mention I like cream in my coffee and lots of nuts.

I need to eat less it's as simple as that.

Old 10-26-2016, 10:52 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

I've started using the headspace app. If you want to give meditation a go but don't know where to start.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:26 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Kop my daughter used that, not sure if she still does, but she was raving about it back when she started.
I guess we all want results yesterday when we diet, but a healthy eating plan should be for life. I eat a lot of what is good for me, my problem is that I also eat a lot of what is bad! I need to watch that, this time of year I easily lay down a layer of fat, and don't want to undo the good I have done losing weight.
Don't lose faith Kop, if you keep on track you will see results. As for the beer belly, maybe some specific exercises would help. Instead of drinking a six pack you'll be forming one!! Lol
Old 10-27-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

It's funny how we forget all the little things we pick up and eat and don't count the calories. I just ate a cookie and didn't even think twice ===yikes.
Babs
Old 10-27-2016, 08:51 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I think that I was hungry all of the time after I quit drinking. I put on a lot of weight in the six months afterwards. Most people lose but not me! I had a huge sugar craving for months and months and I indulged myself. I thought of it as my reward for quitting-more ice cream. I felt snacking on sweets initially helped to keep my cravings in check, because they would really kick up when I was hungry.

We have talked a bit about doing a better job listening to our bodies now that we are sober. I am doing better mixing healthier foods into my diet. However, I still allow myself some treats. I don't want to begin a cycle of self loathing again just because I enjoy a treat now and then. All things in moderation. Not that any of us know what moderation looks like personally, lol!
Old 10-27-2016, 09:53 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Stargazer---that's me all over----I love ice cream and so far I'm not over weight cause like everyone else. I lost a lot of weight drinking.--Thank you guys for the heads up I do need to eat more healthier.
Babs
Old 10-27-2016, 10:16 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Yeah I guess I shouldn't be too hard on myself. I ate a lot of chocolate, cheesecake (my favourite), KitKats (the big chunky ones) and Magnum Ice creams as my reward for giving up booze.

So I shouldn't really be surprised I haven't lost a lot of weight.

I suppose, when you look at it overall, nearly a half stone loss in six months is not too shabby all considered.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:07 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

for sure Kopfan
Babs
Old 10-27-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Kopfan, much better to have a small loss than a big gain ... or much worse, being back to drinking!
Old 10-27-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hi undies

I didn't get the job. As i explained on Overs, I found out via a group email, which was pretty terrible. I'm upset because I worked hard for this for the past year and the new boss gave it to external candidates. I'm upset and leaning on the people in my life for support. In active addiction I didn't know how to do that, to be vulnerable, and ask for support. I only know how to be angry and destroy everything in my path. I'm trying to hold my chin up and move forward instead.

Hope you are having a great day, or at least a better one than I am. .
Old 10-27-2016, 09:23 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

It is a shame that we can't use our experience overcoming alcoholism as a bonus on our resume.

It would seem someone whom has dealt with alcoholism and battled through it shows incredible strength of character that would be a benefit to an employer. Unfortunately, that's not the real world, just our little corner here at SR.

Use your newfound emotional maturity and lean on those who can give you support. You have overcome tougher adversaries before and will again!

There seems to be a lot to be angry about with your situation Glee. None of us have much positive experience dealing with disappointment and anger. That's why we are here. We are people whom know that important experiences in life happen not between the walls of a work place, but between our ears in our heads.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:46 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Morning Everyone!

Glee, I feel your pain. I don't know your situation but how about looking around for new opportunities? That always made me feel better!

Try and look at this objectively and work out why your boss made that decision. Perhaps ask him or her? Then you'll know what you can do to improve.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-28-2016, 12:22 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry too Glee. It always hurts when a job goes to outside folks.

I choose to believe disappointments like these leave me open to further opportunities

D