Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 11

Old 12-06-2016, 09:15 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Reaching the last bend in the road before the year is up on the class road for youse guys. Be my turn soon. Great to read the posts- thanks, PJ
Me too, good to see you PJ!
Old 12-06-2016, 09:20 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Delilah, it sounds like your Mom has a good medical team looking after her, I hope that helps take some of the stress off of your shoulders, you have a full plate ahead of you.

Nic and Bandi, add my name to the tipsy hostess that assumed everyone wanted their drink topped off, continuously! At Thanksgiving, I had many flavors of sparkling water, sparkling apple cider and a mix of soft drinks; what a change!
Old 12-06-2016, 09:57 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Odelle, great to see you -

Late night here after wrapping up the first holiday party of the season. I was anxious earlier today but sailed right through the evening. It sure feels good to do this sober....really good.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:59 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Odelle,

Great to see you! ❤️
Old 12-07-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Delilah, it sounds like your Mom has a good medical team looking after her, I hope that helps take some of the stress off of your shoulders, you have a full plate ahead of you.

Nic and Bandi, add my name to the tipsy hostess that assumed everyone wanted their drink topped off, continuously! At Thanksgiving, I had many flavors of sparkling water, sparkling apple cider and a mix of soft drinks; what a change!
Hi Odelle,

I'm going to stick up with non alc options for silly season. I just have to let people know the this year my house must be alcohol free. I'm not even at the stage where I'm comfortable if people brought their own.. one day maybe but not today!!!
Hope you're well xxx
Old 12-07-2016, 09:42 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Shields Up!!!! I successfully navigated an evening of unpleasant people and my husband drinking himself to bed. He's been this way for most of our marriage but I'm just now truly understanding the personality quirks of his particular brand of alcoholism and it no longer holds any power over me. Letting go is a big relief...

I'm unwinding with a nice chamomile tea & reading Adult Children of Alcoholics. It's funny (ironic, not haha) but I remember picking this book up 30 or so years ago when it was on the NYT bestseller list. Ah, the heartache I would have saved had I stayed with it. I came from a alcoholic home, married an alcoholic & became an alcoholic----a classic example from the book! Ugh.

(((Nic))) --how are you doing? It's your home so you should be allowed to set the rules about no alcohol! Hopefully your family will understand but even if they give you a hard time, stay strong.

Hi Delilah, just saw your post on the 24-hr. thread about your mother. That's great news that she's home! I hope she's comfortable. Hugs to you both...

Take care Jannies....& good night.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:56 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Shields Up!!!! I successfully navigated an evening of unpleasant people and my husband drinking himself to bed. He's been this way for most of our marriage but I'm just now truly understanding the personality quirks of his particular brand of alcoholism and it no longer holds any power over me. Letting go is a big relief...

I'm unwinding with a nice chamomile tea & reading Adult Children of Alcoholics. It's funny (ironic, not haha) but I remember picking this book up 30 or so years ago when it was on the NYT bestseller list. Ah, the heartache I would have saved had I stayed with it. I came from a alcoholic home, married an alcoholic & became an alcoholic----a classic example from the book! Ugh.

(((Nic))) --how are you doing? It's your home so you should be allowed to set the rules about no alcohol! Hopefully your family will understand but even if they give you a hard time, stay strong.

Hi Delilah, just saw your post on the 24-hr. thread about your mother. That's great news that she's home! I hope she's comfortable. Hugs to you both...

Take care Jannies....& good night.
Hi beautiful Bandi- I am doing just great.. I'm not even worrying about Christmas yet-I will sort out the finer details later, but my sobriety comes first this year.
My kids are happiest when they have their Mum sober and not obsessed with alcohol/ and constantly drunk so that is good enough for me!!!

Hope everyone is doing well coming into this silly season.... Will be everyone's first sober Christmas.. xx
Old 12-08-2016, 08:19 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Congratulations Odelle on your 11 months!!

I just returned home from a Alanon meeting. Lots of sad stories & tears, but laughter too. All in all it was worth the drive and I'll go back.

Night all....xxxx
Old 12-09-2016, 12:52 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Oh Odelle Congrats on 11 months- Amazing xxx

Old 12-09-2016, 01:00 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Checking in to congratulate the amazing Odelle on 11 months!! Very proud of you my friend.

Also, Bandi will be celebrating a birthday (9th) so it is actually her birthday right now in California. Hope this day and year bring you lots of love and laughter!!!

❤️ Delilah
Old 12-09-2016, 01:09 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Bandi xxxxxx

Have a wonderful day-Hope you get spoilt xx
Old 12-09-2016, 01:39 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Odelle and Happy Birthday Bandi - I hope everyone else is doing ok

D
Old 12-09-2016, 02:15 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

I just realised it's 6.15pm on Friday night and I haven't even thought about alcohol!!!!
YAY
And HUGE day- I learnt how to snap chat properly so i now have a new obsession!!! Yes i am almost 39!! :p xxx
Old 12-09-2016, 05:42 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Bandi!
Old 12-09-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Good morning Jannies & Thank you for the Birthday wishes -

Celebrating sober is the best. Thank you all for your love & support......
Old 12-09-2016, 05:56 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
I just realised it's 6.15pm on Friday night and I haven't even thought about alcohol!!!!
YAY
:p xxx
Good job Nic!!
Old 12-09-2016, 07:28 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Ody and Bandi, much love!

And to everyone else too.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:45 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday everyone!!! I love weekends these days xx
Old 12-09-2016, 10:05 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Nic, it is so nice to have you back and posting regularly. I am with you on Saturdays, it is still Friday here, up I am looking forward to not setting my alarm!!!
Old 12-10-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Nic, it is so nice to have you back and posting regularly. I am with you on Saturdays, it is still Friday here, up I am looking forward to not setting my alarm!!!
Thanks Hun- happy to be back. Tried Joining the November class but feel happier here with my roomies!!
I'm almost a month again (tues) so am feeling great xxx almost bedtime here Sat night. No alarm tomorrow either yay xx