Notices

Class of March 2016 part 33

Old 09-28-2016, 07:13 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Congrats on 200, Casey!!

Have a great day, one and all.

I want to dig a lot deeper. Book a flight to the ends of the earth, like maybe 500 miles to the nearest bottle and no car keys.

I'll settle for today though. One day at a time.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good morning class.

Casey! Woohoo! Fantastic job. Enjoy the vacation - you deserve it! My husband is in Houston for a few weeks, but as big as Texas is - that could be another country to you.

Samantha - we are grateful to have you here. Have a great day!

CH - Sounds like a good plan. Congrats on making it to 2 days a week. Man that's a long recovery.

Purple - Glad you are away from the toxic people. I can relate. Super glad you are with us. Gazillion times glad.

Kiki- I'm so sorry for your friend. I hope you have a fantastic day - thanks for doing all you do for us.

Pelagic - We all have today. Make it a great one! You are doing a great job - keep going.

Have a fantastic day class! Talk to you all later.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Casey, you're the man!!
Old 09-28-2016, 10:28 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Kiki I am so sorry to hear the story. The only thing I can say is that it is stories like that that absolutely remind me of what I'm working on - and why.

Hugs mama!
Old 09-28-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hoping all's well with PhoenixJ after Wednesday's severe storm and power blackout in South Australia.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:56 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Hoping all's well with PhoenixJ after Wednesday's severe storm and power blackout in South Australia.
Me too. Our class seems kind of quiet without him. I'm not sure he sleeps.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I slept in today and now behind schedule I still need to commit every day to another 24 hours of recovery on this site it really sets the tone that I will not drink today.
Casey way to go on 200 days
Kiki that was a great list yesterday, the story of the lady going through the windshield is so tragic.
Bobbieka sounds like you had a great time with your daughter and her friends.
I have this afternoon job 2 to 3 hours it gets me out of the house and I usually get up early and get stuff done...not today
have a great sober day everyone
Old 09-28-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi all. Evening here = beginnings of crazy bedtime routine.

It's a good thing Friday is a mini milestone day bc Hubs will be gone and that makes me want to indulge even more.

So quiet. What's everyone up to tonight. If I successfully get monkeys to sleep, I will be maybe watching Survivor (millennials vs Gen X) - not sure where I fall!! Then I wanted to watch episode 2 of This Is Us to see how that show progresses.

Yup I am BORING. Just finished my book (After You) last night so I'm in between books.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:12 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Congrats Casey! 200 Days! Thanks for your inspiration

OMG Kiki how terrible! Hugs for you and your friend and prayers for her recovery.....another reminder that we all should stay close by!

Here you go, Phoenix :
Old 09-28-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hoping everyone is doing okay! Hugs all around
Old 09-28-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Kiki - that is very sad.

Bobbie - yeah, the physical therapy for this surgery is about 6 months and a full year before my shoulder is 100%. It's an expensive rehab too!!

Congrats on your milestone, Casey!

I'm home from a busy day at work, it's cold and rainy out. And I am already looking longingly at my pillow.
Old 09-28-2016, 07:22 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Shotgun
Old 09-28-2016, 07:25 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Dang my shoulder hurts tonight! It feels like a toothache in my shoulder. Probably because of the cold weather moving in. AV suggested booze would help. I opted for hot compress, cold compress, advil, hot shower and stretching...it's starting to feel better. Closing day 4 with a big mug of peppermint tea; perfect for a cold rainy night.

Hope everyone is well. It sure has been quiet today.
Old 09-28-2016, 07:25 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi all. Yes the weather here in sunny Adelaide crapped itself yesterday. Whole state without power. Watching people running around like chicken little. The big D stuff meant to start 2day, but because of the weather- have to cancel. Trying not to crap myself. Oh well, sober, safe, sane. KK- sucks about your friend. I am a self confessed expert on alcohol, trauma, NDE (X4, have I mentioned that in the last 5 minutes) and disfigurement. Sucks. Sucks big time. Look after yourself. I pray your friend pulls through. Hopefully they have support, I know 'cos I did not. Extra prayers and then some more. Damn, getting teary now. PJ
Old 09-29-2016, 12:34 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

No sleep tonight so I've been reading. It's 3AM and I guess I might as well get up.

I might have mentioned that I have a psych problem that underlies the drinking. Looking back, it's pretty clear alcohol was my way of treating symptoms, and I found results from one study that found 45% of those like me "met the criteria for alcohol abuse or dependency." I'm not surprised. Not sure how to address that because rates of successful treatment for the problem are pretty abysmal.

Well, I made it pretty far, even with that anchor weighing me down so I'll just stay sober, work on recovery, and try some forgiveness.

You know, I've had some rather spectacular lapses since I joined SR in March, but I can't give up. I simply won't. I only seriously tried to stop once before. I won't forget that because after 20 something days sober I realized I was right up against the psych problem again. So I ran for the alcohol to cover it up. I'll have to face it this time.

Sorry if that all sounds vague. It helps to write it down anyway.

I'm proud of all of you, you know. We're all making progress and we've had some fantastic success. Keep up the good work my fellow Marchers.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:05 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

P63- your words ring of a self fulfilling prophecy. Stuff happens, there is support out there, up to you.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:02 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Morning March. Day 39 of this go around.

Have a peaceful morning!
Old 09-29-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Kiki I am so sorry to hear the story. The only thing I can say is that it is stories like that that absolutely remind me of what I'm working on - and why. Hugs mama!
Yes I know. So sad. :-(
Old 09-29-2016, 05:07 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
Congrats on 200, Casey!! Have a great day, one and all. I want to dig a lot deeper. Book a flight to the ends of the earth, like maybe 500 miles to the nearest bottle and no car keys. I'll settle for today though. One day at a time.
I have felt like that Pelagic....moving far away from alcohol! One time I considered permanently giving my car keys to my husband. I also considered doing something to go to jail because I couldn't stop myself and in jail you can't drink. Pathetic but I was desperate! I finally got to a point where I either wanted to get sober or die. That's when I got sober. That was my turning point.

Love you!
Old 09-29-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fred59 View Post
I slept in today and now behind schedule I still need to commit every day to another 24 hours of recovery on this site it really sets the tone that I will not drink today. Casey way to go on 200 days Kiki that was a great list yesterday, the story of the lady going through the windshield is so tragic. Bobbieka sounds like you had a great time with your daughter and her friends. I have this afternoon job 2 to 3 hours it gets me out of the house and I usually get up early and get stuff done...not today have a great sober day everyone
Hi Fred! I hope you enjoyed your day yesterday! :-)