Notices

Class of April 2016 Part 8

Old 10-14-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Josec-

I am glad the hurricane didn't cause any damage where you live.

I went to the drugstore yesterday and bought more vitamins. I was out of the normal ones I take.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Good Morning All,

Winslow – I will share my info without naming brand or where I got it. All of these supplement can be purchased at your local pharmacy or on the net.

Helping my body heal itself by giving it what it needs.

I want to share this info with you all, I am sure you all will have some input and I am always willing to learn. I will start with what I think is where we should start. THE GUT

We will focus on Dysbiosis, which is an imbalance in the gut microbiota.
The gastrointestinal tract is home to bacteria and microbes that form an ecosystem known as the gut microbiota. This collection of bacteria is essential for digestion, the immune system, mental health, and more. The microbes contain genes; this is known as the gut microbiome.

The growth and maintenance of these bacteria can be influenced, positively or negatively, by several factors. A healthy diet of raw, organic, prebiotic-rich food encourages the gut microbiota to flourish. Conversely, an unhealthy diet, one that’s high in refined sugar and artificial ingredients or alcohol, has a detrimental effect and can cause an imbalance between good and bad bacteria. Most of the time, for most people, the good bacteria keep the harmful bacteria in check. However, if that harmony and equilibrium are disrupted, bad bacteria can take hold and become a “problem.”

Alcohol abuse alter the gut microbiota, it can cause gut permeability, also known as leaky gut syndrome. Some researchers have hypothesized leaky gut syndrome can lead to bacterial translocation. Bacterial translocation is the invasion of indigenous intestinal bacteria through the gut mucosa to normally sterile tissues and the internal organs.” In other words, it’s when the bacteria in your gut escape to other parts of your body. This prompts a domino effect where one bad event is the catalyst for another. Alcohol consumption alters gut flora, leading to leaky gut syndrome, leading to bacterial translocation, leading to inflammatory changes in the liver and elsewhere. Translocation also allows for toxins from the gut to enter the bloodstream. Among the many problems this causes, it exposes the liver to toxins and increases the chance of liver injury.

This blow my mind away, I started to look into how I can get this back to where it should be. What I found is very simple. It’s found in yogurt. But the problem is that most yogurt have sugar in it and that kills good bacteria. Also you would have to eat let’s say a lot of the stuff. So I looked into supplements.

Probiotic Supplement with 50 Billion CFUs & 11 Strains or better. One pill every day on an empty stomach. This will take a few months to work, don’t give up on it.

Stargazer016 – So true, our bodies are always healing and the day it stops is the day we are no longer on this world.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:50 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midwest1981 View Post
Josec-

I am glad the hurricane didn't cause any damage where you live.

I went to the drugstore yesterday and bought more vitamins. I was out of the normal ones I take.
Thanks Midwest - It was scary and it brought back memories of Hurricane Andrew. Thanks
Old 10-14-2016, 12:40 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Jose,thanks for sharing, I've also read that about the gut,also the yeast growing in there can cause all sorts of symptoms, brainfog,sinus issues,etc Also I read an article that says it can cause alcohol cravings
Old 10-14-2016, 10:05 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Morning Everyone!

Another weekend is here already.

Last night I worked on my computer till bedtime and didn't even think about drinking or going to the pub or any of that stuff. Friday nights will never be the same again.

In a good way!
Old 10-15-2016, 04:08 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Thanks for your post Josec! It is very helpful.

Kopfan- that is great!! It is nice to be on the other side.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:07 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Pretty sure I started drinking to help with the anxiety so definitely have had it my whole life
Old 10-15-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi 83mama0f2

I've had some success with breathing exercises
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...echniques.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...techniqes.html

D
Old 10-16-2016, 01:13 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Happy sober Sunday morning everyone!
Old 10-16-2016, 01:19 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi All! I feel like I now have a radar for those people who may have an issue with alcohol, I don't always say something but if I see someone struggling that I know in some way I casually drop in how I needed to re-establish my relationship with alcohol. I seem to be being of assistance along my little journal for other people at least stopping and thinking. Hope all are well.
Old 10-16-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

All, it's nice to hear how well everyone is doing. I've been super busy the past couple of weeks and not much time online.
I hit my 6 month mark a week ago. Kind of hard to believe it's been 6 months but in other ways it feels like forever.
I'm still feeling strong (no desire to drink and spending less time thinking about it) but my moods have been up and down. I'm still working with my sponsor and attending an AA meeting about once a week, but not making very much progress thus far on step 4, mostly due to being too busy. During the week I've only been sleeping 5 to 6 hrs a night and I think that's contributing to my moods. I hope to get a handle on it soon, but there's just been too much to do both at work and home, and it's not exactly like I'm getting ahead on things...mostly just survival mode with getting the bare minimum done.

Thinking of you all and hoping to hear some updates on some of you we haven't heard from in a while very soon.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:07 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Morning Everyone!

Congrats Suzie on 6 months. Great Job!
Old 10-17-2016, 02:18 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats from me too Suzie
D
Old 10-17-2016, 02:25 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

And me too Suzie!
Old 10-17-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Congratulations Suzie on 6 months!! That is amazing. I hope you catch up soon with work and things at home so you can get more rest. I am cranky if I am hungry and sleepy. I think everyone is that way.

I have been doing good. Just have been doing my normal things.

Old 10-17-2016, 12:15 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Congratz Suzie on 6 months!
Old 10-18-2016, 05:22 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

HI aprilites!

I hope everyone is doing good. I am. I have been walking every day 3 miles or more and I go home in three days! I am excited about that.

Hard to believe how fast the holidays are approaching! I am excited to enjoy them sober with family.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:33 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi

I drank yesterday and the day before. Feel terrible now. It wasn't an evening drink either. I dropped the kids off at school, arranged for someone to bring them home and drank wine. I'm an idiot and I cried while I did it. I can't stay in this group now. I am on day 1 today. I want to drink again today but I won't. It's going to be a tough day.

I did my half marathon on Sunday. 2 hours 25 mins it took me. At least that's one thing I've done right this week.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:45 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Morning Everyone!

Charlie, this is just my opinion. Changing groups won't help you, I did it loads of times and nothing will magically change for you because of it.

We'll still be here for you wherever you go!

The answer lies on the inside not on the outside.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-19-2016, 12:46 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

I respect Kopfans experience and opinion but I think a new group could be useful to you charliesworld

There's something about being with folks who are battling at the same point that you are that really helps - that's actually why we break the groups up into monthly groups

There's nothing to say you can't post here as well of course - but I think you need to make changes...and a new group might help you to work out some other changes you need to make?

I need to stress there's no rules about this, this is simply my opinion.
Ultimately we make the choices about our own recovery

D