Notices

Class of April 2016 Part 8

Old 06-21-2018, 03:34 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Hi All, I am still going great, sober and loving it. So it past 2 years. I am dating though and it seems my new beau likes to drink. It makes me nervous, not for me, but I just can see it clearly, when it goes past that one more etc. I am seriously considering what to do. It will be heart breaking as he has a lot of wonderful qualities, I am just not prepared to go down that path of living so close to it. I am going to take sometime to reflect and see if this is me or I'm over analysing him. stay tuned and hope all are great. Hope everyone is ok and if not get back on to the right path.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:46 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great to hear from you Belier - sorry about your beau tho.

D
Old 06-22-2018, 02:06 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Belier, I think it will be hard to be dating someone whom is more than a one drink social drinker. Watching people get drunk used to make me slightly envious at first, then angry as they became more intoxicated. You may find yourself in a situation where you need to split in the midst of an evening out, and that's ok. I would have a serious conversation with your friend now, and let them know your feelings. You feel how you feel. No one is worth losing over 26 months of sobriety, no matter how many good traits they have.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:33 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Belier- that would be a tough!! I am glad you are doing good though!!
Old 03-23-2019, 06:20 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone, I haven’t been on here in a really long time but wanted to check in and see how everyone’s doing. I can’t believe I’m coming up on 3 years sober...such a blessing because it has not been an easy few years. I’ve gotten involved in A.A...have a sponsor and a sponsee, but never as involved as I’d like to be, mostly because of available time, but also because I’m an introvert at heart. My dear Mom died 6 months ago and that was so hard to get through but Im grateful everyday for her, and I’ve established a really close connection with my Dad since she passed. I guess getting through that loss and other life challenges sober has reminded me how much of a problem alcohol was for me. Never the solution. I would love to hear from some of you if anyone still on from our class.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:01 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Suzie- congrats on 3 years sober! That is wonderful. I think it is really awesome you have a sponsee. What an awesome way to give back.

Sorry to hear about your mom. Losing a parent is so hard no matter what your age is.

I am doing good. 3 years sober in 42 days. It feels unreal.