Notices

Class of August 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 10-08-2016, 07:53 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
fgo

HI everyone,
It has been a busy week, havent had time to post much. I will send a better post soom.
Old 10-08-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Continuing with the music theme - USA - I think you have overtaken us - this guy (with wild wolves as back up) is phenomenal!

https://youtu.be/_PX4mDbIYB0
Old 10-08-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

My adopted son Sammy - SO proud of him

https://youtu.be/UKA9q-8mwNI
Old 10-08-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Survived a houseful of teenage boys overnight! They were actually really good.

Have had a rough week. Everything can just be so overwhelming sometimes. Glad to be off this weekend.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hey A-Team, just wanted to share my gratitude post and kind of say goodbye to this class because I'm starting fresh in the Class of October. I'm so proud of all of you that have stayed the course! Keep fighting!

Today I'm grateful that I keep coming back to sobriety. Sometimes I'm ashamed to come back on here because I get so much good advice and I actually take it, and then bam I slip. I have 8 days. My biggest weakness is when my son is gone to his dads. Well he will be gone for the next 3 week-ends in a row. And Halloween is party time for me. God please help me to talk myself OUT of drinking instead of INTO drinking. The last drinking episodes have been drama free except I drink till I puke. It's all I know. My mom, dad, granny, siblings, husband, friends.... My husband can take it or leave it. He thinks we should not drink because he knows I'm miserable after I drink. Why why why...!!!
Old 10-08-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Sunshine

Honestly the best defence against relapse is a strong plan - make one, and then follow it through with action.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html

you can do this. You never have to drink again.

D
Old 10-08-2016, 08:33 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Hi guys - hope you're all having a nice Saturday.
I went to see one of my favorite bands tonight. By myself. I've seen them a million times but always gotta make it one more.
This was my first show I have been to sober, and it was wonderful and magical. I didn't feel the need to drink. It was actually nice being able to really be present for it and enjoy every moment. Andddd I drove myself to and from the venue without having to worry about getting a cab, etc.

So that was invigorating. Just wanted to share. Sobriety still looking good... But still have anxiety about this relationship (Is it toxic or nah? Etc etc.)

Anyways... hope all is well. What has everyone been up to? Looking forward to updates.
Old 10-08-2016, 08:52 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Administrator

Excellent CP!

D
Old 10-08-2016, 09:51 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Fell off the wagon...

Don't worry, I didn't drink... alcohol. I still have my 50 days. However, after 316 days without soda, I gave in and had a Diet Coke. The temptation was just too much for me.

Seriously, my soda cravings have been worse than those for beer. There's got to be some evil substance they lace those things with.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:01 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
Don't worry, I didn't drink... alcohol. I still have my 50 days. However, after 316 days without soda, I gave in and had a Diet Coke. The temptation was just too much for me.

Seriously, my soda cravings have been worse than those for beer. There's got to be some evil substance they lace those things with.
Glad you still have your 50 days.
And don't be too hard on yourself... it's way better than drinking alcohol, and staying sober is hard enough as it is!
I smoke cigarettes but want to get more stable in my sobriety before I try quitting those.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

No, I didn't go away. Just been busy with working at Dick's. I'll get my 2-month chip Tuesday. Still going to AA at least once per day except Sat/Sun. My group is really pretty cool and it helps to have a definite plan for each day. I'm walking 2.5 miles per day, the ducks around the little lake are getting to know me. Still looking at getting back into my engineering field. I'll catch up on posts later on while the Texans are serving the Vikings their butt on a silver plate.....

Old 10-09-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Good job on the concert, CP! I should do that and go solo sometime - not always someone to go with! Good luck on the relationship thing - that can be really stressful with consuming your mind all the time.

cwood - how is it going at home, you are back, right?

best wishes, Sunshine! <3

-J
Old 10-09-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
fgo

Morning everyone,
Got the family in town. We are moving my mom into an apartment this weekend. It can be a very stressful time for me, hope all is well. We are missing a lot of A-teamers , hope that is a good sign. Take care all
Old 10-09-2016, 10:16 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Julia, yep, back at home. SO is loosening up more and more. Things will be fine.

Making chicken and sausage gumbo now while watching football....and yes, I make really good gumbo.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:36 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Zanna, I can see why you are so proud of that young man... AWESOME STUFF THERE!!
I really enjoy the wolves vid too. Thanks!
Old 10-09-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

All good here, two months now for me.
Best wishes, everyone
Old 10-09-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Hey A listers, I'm back again on day 2 after a short binge. I finally broke up with my boyfriend for good. His constant yelling at me was just setting me off for a drink all the time. So a big trigger is gone. Glad to see this thread is still going and you guys are still around. Hope everyone has a great day/ night. I heard that the big debate between Trump and Hilary is happening today so I'll be watching it on tv from across the sea.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:14 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Stay with us, sweetichick - wishing you peaceful days
Old 10-09-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Hey A-team,

Nice to see the thread becoming busy again. For the PLs we had a massive delivery of wood to keep us warm over winter (we do have central heating but nothing beats a wood burner!).

@Sunshine - it s great to see you back here, stay around, you know what needs to be done and I am sure you ll get back to long term sobriety soon.

@sweetichick - awesome to see you back too and I am glad you released yourself from a negative influence. I m sure this will make your recovery a lot nicer.

@Caramel - congrats on two months, I m excited about reaching it tomorrow.

@Cajun - it s great to see you doing so well
under the pressure you are going through. I have seen your other thread earlier and think whatever call you make you will remain sober throughout. Personally I think it s time for a new beginning on that front (given what you wrote there), but now the voice speaking is the real you, so there s no wrong decision really.

Got a wedding to go to this coming Friday and meeting a friend for drinks this Thursday, beer for both of us only mine will be ginger beer (great alternative by the way for those who haven't tried it). Actually looking forward to going through both occasions sober, there s honestly zero risk of a relapse.

Night A-Team, time to meditate and sleep.

Mr P
Old 10-09-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
Hey A listers, I'm back again on day 2 after a short binge. I finally broke up with my boyfriend for good. His constant yelling at me was just setting me off for a drink all the time. So a big trigger is gone. Glad to see this thread is still going and you guys are still around. Hope everyone has a great day/ night. I heard that the big debate between Trump and Hilary is happening today so I'll be watching it on tv from across the sea.
Good for you. I hope things are easier for you now. Being with the wrong person can often do more damage than we realize.