Class of August 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 10-06-2016, 01:23 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

I hope you get better soon, Zanna; take care
Old 10-06-2016, 01:44 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
Hi Zanna

So sorry to hear you are not feeling well.

I blame it on your cat!!

Please get plenty of rest and take care.

Thinking you my sober buddy,

Snarly
ps u have pm

Thanks Snarlz - I'll be fine - good to get it out of the way while nothing much planned Cat loves me, as I sent out for a Kentucky chicken dinner last night and then couldn't face it - purred like a lioness, she did and still looking at me with arrows zooming out of her eyes lol

I'll be fine - 12 days today as well, so am a happy Zanna
Old 10-06-2016, 01:45 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
I hope you get better soon, Zanna; take care
Thanks love Xx
Old 10-06-2016, 04:50 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Hi, all - been busy here. Hope everyone is doing well. Did anyone ever hear from Elle?
Old 10-06-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
fgo

Morning all,
Everything good here, strange week. The thread is a little slow, hope all is well.
Zanna,,,, sorry to hear your sick, might be the changing of the seasons.
Julia,,, haven't seen Elle post in awhile, that goes for a few of the A-team. Hope all is well? Off to work.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:41 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'm back on day 1 again. Went out for drinks with work people and drank myself silly. The anxiety is crippling me today. Why do I do this to myself? Really need some support guys
Old 10-06-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  
fgo

Hi ssg,
Glad your back so quick.
I know I felt myself slipping, I went back to my plan. There is so much tha needed to be added to it.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Signing out early tonight guys - catch you all tomorrow
Stay strong Xx
Old 10-06-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Hey guys! I see most are doing well. I am having a similar issue as Kgirl is having. Yeah Finally got out, I like the avatar alot. Thanks for the props on it! Sorry to hear about that sadgirl. It's so simple its hard. Just dont drink today. Thats what I tell myself constantly. I so want instant gratification, and when I don't receive it my mind is like time to find any reason to drink. Well here is to another day sober that 60 day mark is abit off but in sight! Anway, (hugs to all) as well always we got this A-Team!
Old 10-06-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

AUGUSTIANS.... hey...... I don't know what's going on with my app but it simply won't let me post grrrrrrr. .... so have finally duhhh gone onto the main website!
Sorry not been around much recently due to the above and being very very busy have people staying ATM and it's just so chaotic, constant interruptions!!!! Am still here and still very much sober!!! Yet!! Was thinking today on way back from AA meeting how I couldn't imagine having a drink ... WHAT???? Plus went out with friends the other night, another birthday celebration and was given a bottle of wine and a bottle of champagne!! Brought them home then agonised, thought of waking up friend and asking her to duly hide but realised being the ultra sneaky snide alcoholic that I am, I would seek it out and find so decided the ONLY thing to do was to dispose of myself.... felt terrible doing it, as gifts but emptied both down the sink, the smell was disgusting, made my stomach churn! Ugggghhh
So pleased to see you all doing so well, milestones galore I see, fantastic. You're all amazing and for those of you who have slipped, learn the lesson, re-examine your plans and try to see what behaviour, thoughts took you to that place
And always remember, everyone of us are here rooting for you.
You are still our August stars. Gonna catch up on all the posts now so catch you all later, its great to back missed you all. Elle xxx
Old 10-06-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sadsadgirl View Post
Hi everyone, I'm back on day 1 again. Went out for drinks with work people and drank myself silly. The anxiety is crippling me today. Why do I do this to myself? Really need some support guys
All you can do is keep trying. I personally believe that timing plays a role in these things. When everything comes together, you will succeed. You just have to keep trying. (I also think what we learn from our failures plays a role in bringing about the circumstances essential to success).

That said, I'm sorry you're having to go through feeling awful. Try not to beat yourself up.

((Hug))
Old 10-06-2016, 07:22 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

3.18am and sitting here smiling. Woke up around ten minutes ago after dreaming about a nice strong cup of TEA! Never dreamed of tea before - usually it's booze, so am a little stunned and very happy (and drinking a cup of what I dreamed about) Definitely a new experience.
Thoughts are with everyone affected by Matthew over there in the US. Looks like it's going to be a stinker of a storm - they're saying its going to make history. To all affected - Hang in there guys - post when you can and stay safe x
Old 10-06-2016, 08:51 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, good to see you all.

Today marks 8 weeks since the last time I drank.

I've been really busy here in the twin cities Minnesota with work. I go home for good next Tuesday and it's a little bittersweet because I have put in a good haul here. But, very happy to look forward to going home after a week special work assignment became a month! Nearly half of my sober time has been spent here.

I too have been quiet due to not being able to post from the app. It's hard to use the full site on my phone's browser; that's why I got the app. I hope the owners decide to fix it because it seems like all people with an iPhone won't be able to post when they get the new iOS update.

There's an aa meeting near my hotel I want to go to but haven't been able to due to my work hours; it means me being tired because I have been working late and the meeting is at 7 am.

But I'm ok with that for now because I know it's important for my sobriety to be able to sleep enough. My workday starts at 9 am sharp and continues to 8-9 PM. I'm grateful to not be drinking after I'm done at night. The thought of drinking isn't a pleasant one for me.

Was supposed to meet my cousins tonight after work at a brewery (their choice) and when they cancelled I wasn't sad, although I would genuinely like to see them. I had told them I don't drink. I was a little sad today thinking I can't make an aa meeting at 7 am but am gonna have to put up with a brewery at 9 pm? Great way to see in the 8 week milestone.

Instead I'm at the hotel, getting ready for bed. Tomorrow I'm having dinner at an old friend's house, a friend from a long time ago in a different state and a very different time in my life. I told him I don't want to drink and plan to bring my own sparkling water.

SSG, glad to see you back. Did you have a plan that failed for the night with your coworkers? Or did you plan to drink?

Hope all are well, and yes, Matthew in FL is no joke, so all affected please take care!

In Gratitude

B
Old 10-06-2016, 09:01 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Bexxed, if you want them to update the app and the mobile sites not really working for you I recommend you post in the Technical Issues forum.
Technical Issues - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

The owners can't address issues if they don't get the feedback

D
Old 10-06-2016, 09:52 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

D-

Done.

-B
Old 10-06-2016, 11:13 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Hi. I am on here every night but am typically just too exhausted to post. This post is probably going to be a debbie downer.

I feel like I am just starting to become complacent with my sobriety. The "newness" has worn off. The bad times alcohol caused me seem so far away now. I've dreamed that I've gotten drunk (with rapey stuff involved) for the past three nights in a row. It's weird.

I'm trying to figure out whether or not to let go or keep a certain relationship, and it is giving me so much anxiety. There were some extremely hurtful things that happened during that relationship that definitely played a role in my drinking towards the end of it. (No physical abuse or anything like that) I know relationships can move past hard stuff, but dare I risk my heart again? Or is there better for me...

Sorry for the debbie downer post once again.
You are all wonderful and inspire me so much. please have a safe/wonderful day/night/morning wherever you are.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:44 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Administrator

You don't have to give into complacency or accept a slide CP.
If you value your recovery you can fight for it.

Even just re-reading old posts can give you a true reflection of how things were.

As far as relationships go - gravitate towards those that enrich you, not deplete you and you'll never go wrong.

I'm really sorry about the dreams.

D
Old 10-07-2016, 12:46 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bexxed View Post
Hi everyone, good to see you all.

Today marks 8 weeks since the last time I drank.

I've been really busy here in the twin cities Minnesota with work. I go home for good next Tuesday and it's a little bittersweet because I have put in a good haul here. But, very happy to look forward to going home after a week special work assignment became a month! Nearly half of my sober time has been spent here.

I too have been quiet due to not being able to post from the app. It's hard to use the full site on my phone's browser; that's why I got the app. I hope the owners decide to fix it because it seems like all people with an iPhone won't be able to post when they get the new iOS update.

There's an aa meeting near my hotel I want to go to but haven't been able to due to my work hours; it means me being tired because I have been working late and the meeting is at 7 am.

But I'm ok with that for now because I know it's important for my sobriety to be able to sleep enough. My workday starts at 9 am sharp and continues to 8-9 PM. I'm grateful to not be drinking after I'm done at night. The thought of drinking isn't a pleasant one for me.

Was supposed to meet my cousins tonight after work at a brewery (their choice) and when they cancelled I wasn't sad, although I would genuinely like to see them. I had told them I don't drink. I was a little sad today thinking I can't make an aa meeting at 7 am but am gonna have to put up with a brewery at 9 pm? Great way to see in the 8 week milestone.

Instead I'm at the hotel, getting ready for bed. Tomorrow I'm having dinner at an old friend's house, a friend from a long time ago in a different state and a very different time in my life. I told him I don't want to drink and plan to bring my own sparkling water.

SSG, glad to see you back. Did you have a plan that failed for the night with your coworkers? Or did you plan to drink?

Hope all are well, and yes, Matthew in FL is no joke, so all affected please take care!

In Gratitude

B
Congrats on 8 weeks B!
Old 10-07-2016, 12:52 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CajunPrincess View Post
Hi. I am on here every night but am typically just too exhausted to post. This post is probably going to be a debbie downer.

I feel like I am just starting to become complacent with my sobriety. The "newness" has worn off. The bad times alcohol caused me seem so far away now. I've dreamed that I've gotten drunk (with rapey stuff involved) for the past three nights in a row. It's weird.

I'm trying to figure out whether or not to let go or keep a certain relationship, and it is giving me so much anxiety. There were some extremely hurtful things that happened during that relationship that definitely played a role in my drinking towards the end of it. (No physical abuse or anything like that) I know relationships can move past hard stuff, but dare I risk my heart again? Or is there better for me...

Sorry for the debbie downer post once again.
You are all wonderful and inspire me so much. please have a safe/wonderful day/night/morning wherever you are.
Hi CP, here is my advice for what it's worth. I say don't make this decision right now. What is meant to be will be. Maybe just refocus on your sobriety. I have found that sometimes we seek out other bad habits as a way to get ourselves back to drinking. I'm not saying this is what is happening to you but maybe just consider that you are seeking a comfort zone. Just some thoughts to ponder
Old 10-07-2016, 01:00 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

It is near 3:00 in the morning and I am up with some bad foot pain. I can't figure out if it's a charley horse or injury. I did spar at taekwondo last night and remember accidently kicking someone in the hip. At the time I was more worried that I hurt them and I didn't think I was hurt. Sigh.

At least I was able to come out here and respond to a couple posts. I'm happy to report that yesterday was my birthday and I managed to get through it sober. I won't lie and say that I didn't have a couple fleeting thoughts about "celebrating". But I really didn't want to drink. Instead I went to two TKD classes and possibly hurt myself lol! It's all good though, I would much rather be up with foot pain than a hangover. Bleh just the thought makes me cringe!

Well I think maybe the advil is starting to kick in. Maybe I can still catch a few ZZ's.