Notices

Class of August 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 09-26-2016, 08:03 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

I know - i also think there are definate advantages for NOT knowing what we all look like and more details on our lives, so that we can probably bond more without all that that knowledge could distract us with. Dont know if that makes sense. BUT, my curiosity would still win out.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:05 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Awesome, FGO - thank you! It's a plan!
Old 09-26-2016, 09:14 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Morning everyone Only 5.10am here, but all's fine. Woke up and saw the cat staring at a tiny hole in the wall, near some pipework and after wondering what on earth she had chased into it (ie was going to come back out of it), I'm wide awake. Have put some cardboard over the hole for now, as my mind was working over-time. I'll deal with it in daylight Day 3 begins here - will be glad to get today and the next couple over and done with it, but other than that, back on track.
Hugs to all x
Old 09-26-2016, 09:56 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3, Z.

I have cartoon images of everyone in my head, which I really like.

For the record, I will not be watching another US presidential debate again this time around. I don't have enough sobriety to handle it. I would be drunk right now. I can't keep serenity with this political climate here right now. So, I will vote in November no matter how long I have to wait in line, and that will be it. That was an hour and a half of my life I will never get back.

So I'm going to sleep; have to work very early tomorrow morning.

Night, everyone!

In Gratitude

B
Old 09-27-2016, 12:24 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

7 weeks today for me
Old 09-27-2016, 01:24 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
7 weeks today for me
Well done!!
Old 09-27-2016, 02:12 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Well done Caramel! Catch you in two days! Hehe
Old 09-27-2016, 02:15 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Zanna...glad to see you are back!!!

Bexxed....I would love to try yoga. I'm trying to talk a friend into joining with me. I didn't even think it would get me off junk food. That's a tremendous plus!!!

Glad to see everyone is posting and positive.

Have a great Tuesday xoxo
Old 09-27-2016, 03:00 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Caramel

D
Old 09-27-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Hello all. Day 46 here (bexxed, I'm catching up to you). Off from work today. Dick's Sporting Goods is kicking my ass. We're unloading/unpacking/setting all the stuff for the grand opening in 2-1/2 weeks. I'll probably move back home this weekend (cats will be partying!). I'm on a serious mission to get back into my oil/gas/pipeline engineering career. I feel very good about it; mentally, physically. and emotionally. Walking 2 miles everyday and eating really good. I can see and feel the results. I have even had several people , lately, tell me I look really good. Yea, now I'm a babe magnet, right?? That's not a problem as I'm sure I have forgotten what to do if I ever caught a babe....at least that is what my SO has always told me!

Have a great day all.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone!

I am just now getting my bearings with regard to this site and have been all over the place; nothing wrong with that but I need to start focusing my attention so in that, as part of the August team, I am going to make it a point to check in with you from now on. I'm not a great public poster but I am committed to improvement!

Thank you all for being here!
Old 09-27-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

@cwood - way to go! I am on 47 days here and feel exactly the same, eating well and exercising regularly, feels great indeed! Glad you re going back home soon, I am sure your SO will be happy to have the new you around.

@jodc - loving the focus! We re here with you all the way, post anything you feel like and the A-team will always understand it.

Long day at work here today, looking forward to finishing and cracking on with my recovery plan!

P
Old 09-27-2016, 06:12 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by finallygotout View Post
Evening everyone,

Neverthought, we have a cabin in Breckinridge Colorado. It is up for sale if your interested? I'm thinking it will be around for awhile. It would be fun to have a get together up there that didn't include alcohol. Wow, glad I don't talk politics.

Have a great night everyone. Thanks for being here.
Nice! I have friends that I grew up with that moved to Colorado. Though, I haven't skied in Colorado yet, the closes would be Brighton, Utah. We have a sister company in SLC.

I have to say, I have not once pictured anyone. I gave that up, even before alcohol

Nice, to hear from everyone as well! I'm positively adjusting day by day....

I find it all interesting, because I like to do the self-awareness test at the end of my day, which comes pretty naturally because I analyze the heck out of everything.

I find myself a little on the defense lately, which is a normal trait for me. Ahhh,,... getting back some normalcy. It's not a trait I choose, but a genetic-inherited connection. I think people at work have noticed it. I'm more aggressive, but with a manner of leadership. I admit though, I have to control some harshness. I can get agitate more easily.

However, beforehand, I was trying to keep myself together at work and so, I was never in a position to be ahead of the game. I have some ADHD/ADD and drinking did make a neurological connections, which is written all over the books. Even though I wrapped up my drinking at night, it had an effect on me in the morning. I was a bit lighter with my mood, but I leave it at that because......

.......I'd rather work on my personality x100 then be self-medicating!!

Finally down 10 lbs. too. I was stuck at 190 for like two weeks....hit a plateau, but I worked another 2 off cleaning the garage this weekend.

Alright Champs.....let's keep it in gear. Have a great week!

We'll chat, soon enough!
Old 09-27-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cwood3 View Post
Hello all. Day 46 here.

I'm on a serious mission to get back into my oil/gas/pipeline engineering career. I feel very good about it; mentally, physically. and emotionally.
Have a great day all.
Congrats CW3!

Very interesting.....

Did you work for an Oil refinery /Petro Chem company? Or on the "design end" for these types of companies? I'm familiar with a few of the companies that do the Design Engineering in that industry. I work in Plant Engineering, but different industry.

Good luck getting back to your career though.....
Old 09-27-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Hey there, A-team. Just finished catching up with everyone's posts. Glad to see most are doing well. As far as I'm concerned, being here means you are trying to do better, no matter what your day-count is. That being said, I have to confess that I drank this weekend. I think I had planned to as soon as I knew I was going. It wasn't a total drunk-fest and I didn't do anything I regret. I haven't had a drink since I got home and don't intend to. It is what it is. I debated whether I was even going to tell you all, but decided I need to be honest here. I hope you all aren't too disappointed in me. So today is day 3 for me. I don't want any congratulations for that. Like I said, it is what it is. We each have to travel this road in the way we know how...

Glad to be back to my house with my dog and my screened-in porch. and glad to be back with y'all. Hope you will still have me....
Old 09-27-2016, 10:14 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Hi guys. I haven't posted here in awhile I'm not great at navigating this site on my phone but I am at day 47 also and feeling fine. I have not done hot yoga but do yoga and Pilates. I always feel so much lighter mentally afterwards. Great to read all of your posts and I'm right there with you! Hang in there to those who drank recently. We all certainly understand and I believe you should never feel embarrassed to post what's really going on here. As for me I have started consistently going to AA meetings 2 to 3 times a week, I go to yoga twice a week, I'm reading my big book sometimes at night not every night, I read here every day and usually post every day too, I check in with the SoberTool app which counts my days and also has him suggestions for any feeling i may be having and I also try to be grateful every night before I go to bed and recite in my mind at least what I'm grateful for. So far this is really helping me and hope that it continues to do so.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Welcome back Tate! We re day 47 buddies, glad everything is going well for you.

P
Old 09-27-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Signing out for the night, but all's fine Ending day 3 for the final time. 11.20pm here, so I'll say g'night and 'see' you all tomorrow x
Old 09-27-2016, 11:43 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Glad you're still here with us Elicia. I always love reading your posts.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:02 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Mornin' everyone Day 4 begins and slept like a log last night. Meant to get up at 6am, but alarm went off and I thought 'stuff it' and went back to sleep. Not a problem, but need to get ready and head out now. Catch up with you all tonight x