Notices

Venuscat's thread - An unexpected bump in the road Pt. 2

Old 09-10-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I regret that I only visited Orange County when I was in California. Need to go back and drive up the coast - it's going to be beautiful, Suze.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:45 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Well, if you have time Hev....imagine if you could come with me? Ah, dreaming...might be easier to visit you in NY.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I've been 'away' for a while so missed all this (and have to own up to just reading the first post on the original thread.

Sorry to hear you've been 'through the mill' and hope you have a great time in the States
Old 09-10-2016, 07:57 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Thank you love ~ I was just this second writing a message to you! I love when that happens.

So glad to see you today...we missed you.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:53 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Mr

Your our Eddy the eagle
Old 09-10-2016, 11:56 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I had to look him up Vman ~ thank you, that is incredibly sweet. And very encouraging.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:52 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Actually, I do want to see Alcatraz. Because of the Birdman.
It's all about the movies for me....
And the Golden Gate....all my life I have wanted to see that beautiful piece of architecture in person.....and Sausalito, and oh, so many places....
Ah Alcatraz! A bird lover's paradise! Enjoy! And don't miss the punishment cells in the basement! Not too many birds down there however!Make sure you have a round trip ticket so you don't have to stay on the Island overnight. Sharks if you try to swim it.

Bill.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:06 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Suze, I still have the Birmingham art museum, botanical gardens, and quirky bookstore planned for when you arrive down south. Not sure how long you'll stay, but that is enough for one day. I am sure you will love this bookstore! It is the best. Lots of treasures inside, not just books.

http://jimreedbooks.com/index.php

http://bbgardens.org/

http://artsbma.org/

And maybe I can arrange for you to meet Lucy and Katie. They don't walk well on leashes, so it might be a challenge.

Food ideas: Highlands Bar & Grill, Chez Fonfon, Hot and Hot Fish Club and the Irondale Cafe (made famous in the movie Fried Green Tomatoes!)
Old 09-11-2016, 02:40 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
orangutan

Been a while since I logged on.
OMG, OMG, OMG
YOUR GOING TO THE STATES!!!!!!!
I am soooo happy for you!!!!!
Old 09-11-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wpainterw View Post
Ah Alcatraz! A bird lover's paradise! Enjoy! And don't miss the punishment cells in the basement! Not too many birds down there however!Make sure you have a round trip ticket so you don't have to stay on the Island overnight. Sharks if you try to swim it.

Bill.
Punishment cells huh, I think not dearest Bill. Been stuck in one of those of my own making for far too long.
Thinking about sticking right in the middle of the tour group and being the first one back on the ferry.

Old 09-11-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
Suze, I still have the Birmingham art museum, botanical gardens, and quirky bookstore planned for when you arrive down south. Not sure how long you'll stay, but that is enough for one day. I am sure you will love this bookstore! It is the best. Lots of treasures inside, not just books.

Jim Reed Books - Birmingham, Alabama

Birmingham Botanical Gardens

Birmingham Museum of Art |

And maybe I can arrange for you to meet Lucy and Katie. They don't walk well on leashes, so it might be a challenge.

Food ideas: Highlands Bar & Grill, Chez Fonfon, Hot and Hot Fish Club and the Irondale Cafe (made famous in the movie Fried Green Tomatoes!)
I, we, worked it all out last night....so I have dates now love. I am so ridiculously excited...and it will definitely be one or two nights in Alabama with you if that works. We just need to find a nice modest hotel nearby. Yes to everything you mentioned...going to look at the links in a minute.
Just wow.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aussieblue View Post
Been a while since I logged on.
OMG, OMG, OMG
YOUR GOING TO THE STATES!!!!!!!
I am soooo happy for you!!!!!
I KNOW, RIGHT? WHO WOULD OF THUNK?????

And you bet I will be posting every day as usual....SR means so much to me, and well, I need my recovery tools everywhere I go. Plus, it might end up like a travel journal....and then a book.....ha ha.....look at my timy ego. Love you girl.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Look at me spell 'tiny' incorrectly, and then feel compelled to write this because it's too late to correct it....I am hysterical. Feel free to laugh.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
orangutan

Love you back
Old 09-11-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hey Suze! You wrote "I am so ridiculously excited...!" Remember you are not "ridiculous"! You are a dignified, classy Aussie (Classyaussie!). In the British Commonwealth, within which all Brits are expected to regard the U.S. with skepticism, constraining their compliments to "Oh really?" and occasionally poking the vulgarians with rolled up umbrellas and muttering "Sorry!" (maybe giving it another poke if the first one missed) So stiff upper lip! Be careful of too many "fried green tomatoes"! Bon appetit! (P.S. If you come to Boston the only thing we can feed you is baked beans on Saturday night and codfish cakes for Sunday breakfast) Be careful if you go to Church afterwards. The atmosphere in those old Boston churches tends to be stuffy and close. Maybe also at the AA meetings.... You might enjoy (?) a large soup bowl of Indian Pudding at Durgin Park after church (smacked down on an old wooden table by a large waitress in a sloppy apron with an admonition to "Here! Eat this! It's good for you!")

Bill.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

^^^

I found this last night; these words are going to guide me safely to the US ~

Old 09-11-2016, 10:30 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Well, if I were visiting San Francisco, I would eat Ghiradellis Chocolate just about every day.

...right after a yummy lunch in Chinatown, which you can get to by cable car. Ding Ding!!
Old 09-12-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Well, if I were visiting San Francisco, I would eat Ghiradellis Chocolate just about every day.

...right after a yummy lunch in Chinatown, which you can get to by cable car. Ding Ding!!
Chocolate after Chinese food? Reminds me of one Easter lunch when I was about six years old. My wise guy clown uncle entertained us by munching a slice of roast beef and then biting off and swallowing large pieces of cream centered chocolate Easter Egg. "Umm good!" he would say. We kids felt like vomiting right there at the table. Lots of screaming, yelling. Bon appetit to you all!

Bill.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

No chocolate or Chinese food for me.....lots of salads and all sorts of healthy food.
OK....I will try the pizza everywhere, even if I'm not going to Chicago.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
No chocolate or Chinese food for me.....lots of salads and all sorts of healthy food.
OK....I will try the pizza everywhere, even if I'm not going to Chicago.
They serve good pizza in New York City I have heard. There is also a fine Italian district in Boston and I doubt that they put codfish cakes on the pizza but you never know about Bean Town.
Avoid the Seven Deadly Sins. The other sins I leave to your judgment. I have grown too old for much sinning...My wife does occasionally say, "Stop doing that! Leave that dog alone!"

Bill.