Notices

Venuscat's thread - An unexpected bump in the road Pt. 2

Old 09-28-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

You bet love ~ together we are strong.

Oh, I leave in ~ 2 weeks.......OMG.......
Old 09-28-2016, 05:48 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hi Suze! Over here in the U.S. two weeks is 14 days. There's a chill in the air at least up here in New England. Sweaters certainly. On windy days maybe something even warmer. Hope to see you. But as Lincoln said, "You can only see some of the people some of the time." (Guess I've got Abe all wrong). Didn't he also say, "But maybe there are some of the people you don't want to see any of the time!"? Well anyway that's the way I feel about some folks up for election. I am however concerned about the proposal to legalize marijuana for "recreational use" in Massachusetts. No way Hosea! Talking with my cardiologist's nurse today. She agrees. The cops have plenty to do with straight booze DUI's. Heroin. A whole drugstore hitting the road! Home invaders killing people. And there are proposals to provide school teachers with guns and kevlar vests to defend themselves from students, Kids seeking higher grades. ("Don't dare trash my transcript with a B+!! or even an A minus!") ("O.K. If you put down that AK-47!")

Bill.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:58 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

The last couple of days have been bumpy....rocky even.

I am making some major life changes right now ~ my trip is just the beginning.
And I kind of lost my mind a little trying to iron out some fairly complicated details.
After years of what-ifs and this-is-all-too-hard, I have gone full-steam ahead, and I am proud of myself, amazed and terrified all at the same time.
One thing that I realised today is that the busier I get, the more I need to work on my program.

My recovery tools (and love and support) are what got me here....my sobriety is precious and needs to be cherished and watered.

Time to listen to a speaker tape.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:37 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Thanks Suze! As far as I'm concerned, nothing, NOTHING, is as important as sobriety. Worth all the gold in Fort Knox. Because it has been gained by enormous effort, blood, sweat and tears, gained in the toughest fight of all, the battle with oneself. A victory in that battle, something which you have, is more impressive than in any battle, Waterloo, Normandy. Because there one could see the enemy. In alcoholism the enemy is oneself. Only a small percentage of people manage to do that. You are one. The trip is wonderful. Enjoy it but take it easy. Everywhere you go you carry an enormous treasure won with great suffering, tears in the middle of the night. I know. Yes, I know.
In England, I love the insides of great cathedrals, like St. Paul's in London, where the left aisle is hung with battle flags, some of them tattered, even blood stained. Where are the blood stained flags of recovered alcoholics? Right here on this website. There they are and yours are hanging with the rest.

Fondly, Bill.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:17 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

That's an excellent metaphor, Bill.

I really love this place.

Looking forward to your visit, Suze!
Old 09-29-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
You bet love ~ together we are strong.

Oh, I leave in ~ 2 weeks.......OMG.......

YES!!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Good morning, Suze.

I know that you probably won't be in my vicinity till a long time from now, but I've gotta tell you that I'm getting all "a-twitter." What a description! I feel like a moron saying I'm "a-twitter," but I pretty much am!

You're like a rock star! I want to know your "tour dates!"
Old 09-29-2016, 01:34 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

It doesn't feel that long love....in two weeks from now I will be in New York, and 4 weeks later with you....or slightly less...I can't sleep.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
You're like a rock star! I want to know your "tour dates!"

That's exactly what it's like , how much are the tickets?

Loving this thread.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:36 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Oh, I LOVE you guys. ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 09-29-2016, 05:08 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hey Suze: You're better than a rock star. You don't have an electric guitar, you haven't had a sex change, you don't have a microphone, you don't scream hatred into it, you aren't all disheveled and dirty looking, you wear shoes (you do wear shoes don't you?), you're not stoned out of your gourd, self obsessed, out of control. Please stay away from that guitar! Put your didgeridoo in the overhead rack and enjoy the plane trip!

Bill.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:16 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Listen, Suze, you'll feel right at home in my house!

I happen to have a brand new didge in my closet! It's still in the box. It's going to be my youngest son's birthday present--he knows how to play (apparently the mouthpiece is much like a tuba's).

One disclaimer: it's not an authentic, eucalyptus termite-hollowed model. It's a cheap, polyresin, American learner model.

He urged us not to spend too much; he mainly wants it for a cool decoration in his dorm room. If you don't look too closely, it does look cool: it's painted to look as close to Aboriginal as plastic can get!
Old 09-29-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Good morning, Suze. I know that you probably won't be in my vicinity till a long time from now, but I've gotta tell you that I'm getting all "a-twitter." What a description! I feel like a moron saying I'm "a-twitter," but I pretty much am! You're like a rock star! I want to know your "tour dates!"
Last night I almost wrote that it feels The Beatles are coming to America again. I wasn't around then, but there must have been similar buzz.

I'm so excited for you Suze!
Old 09-29-2016, 08:01 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

^^^ Hmmmm, not exactly....although The Long and Winding Road keeps running through my head.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:19 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Last night I almost wrote that it feels The Beatles are coming to America again. I wasn't around then, but there must have been similar buzz.

I'm so excited for you Suze!
The Beatles! Look how they dressed! All those buttons fastened in front! The helmet hairdos! And the name "Beatles!" Seems completely archaic by today's standards. I must confess that I liked the names of their successors, Syd Vicious and Johnny Rotten. But I can't think of Suze as "Sylvia Vicious"! I dislike guitars unless they are played by Bette Midler types in Grand Ole Opri settings. Got to go now to bite off a chaw!
As for didgeridoos I must take care to avoid the plastic American counterfeit. Must have mine eaten out by Aussie termites. Also my bull roarer must be the real thing.

Bill
Old 09-30-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
orangutan

Suze Quatro!
Old 09-30-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

I have been called SuziQ my whole life aussie...I even used to get told that I looked like her. Circa Happy Days....I even had the same haircut.

I just bought my luggage....yep, that was a bit late, but not to worry. Gosh it's convoluted. The airline I'm flying with has very strict size policies. Anyway, done now (thank you Goat, I could never have worked all of that out ).

Having my hair cut later on for the first time in three years.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Well, soon you're bags will be packed and you'll be ready to leave on a jet plane
Old 09-30-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

And I am going to see you, which is so wonderful....I booked a lovely hotel in Columbus, the Red Roof Inn.

Hmmm.....1 week and 6 days to go. ♥
Old 09-30-2016, 04:46 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

That time went quick Suze

D