Venuscat's thread - An unexpected bump in the road Pt. 2

Old 09-26-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
orangutan

Congratulations-sparkling-purple-helicopter-fly-insects.gif
Old 09-26-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Thank you so very much guys ~ A good night's sleep helped ~ I am a touch overwhelmed.
However, I am also 1 year and 11 months sober today

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I could get here.....and I am going to celebrate 2 years sober in the US.

Congratulations Suze! I'm so happy to be able to celebrate another milestone in your recovery! Congrats to a beautiful girl with a beautiful soul.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Suze:

Old 09-26-2016, 05:35 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Well done!!!!!
Old 09-26-2016, 05:35 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Dear Suze
Congratulations on your reaching nearly two years of sobriety. And every good wish on your trip to commemorate that! In the final analysis sobriety is THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS! THAT IS BECAUSE YOU MATTER. THE REAL SUZE! And the struggle to get it back is an epic struggle and not every one makes it. So keep the ball rolling. You will find happiness. If you keep adding to your sobriety you will be happy. You are winning the fight and we are here to help in any way we can. This is the greatest thing that you have ever done. Guard your sobriety like the precious treasure it is. And the precious treasure you are!
Ever your friends.

Bill
Old 09-26-2016, 09:41 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations Hun xxx
Old 09-26-2016, 09:50 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

I am SO blessed..... thank you all so very much. ♥♥♥
Old 09-26-2016, 09:55 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Thank you so very much guys ~ A good night's sleep helped ~ I am a touch overwhelmed. However, I am also 1 year and 11 months sober today ♥ Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I could get here.....and I am going to celebrate 2 years sober in the US.
Yay you!

Feeling overwhelmed? Know that feeling well!!

If you want to talk, I'm all ears. but so far, my advice is to listen to those feelings. That's Suze's heart and mind saying "chillax a bit, girl. This might be too much, or we just need some time to catch up!"

Or...too much coffee. Hearing the description of Australian coffee seemed to indicate it is pretty strong.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:57 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

I love you Lillian....so much.

Now, this coffee thing....coffee is coffee, this is just espresso. And yep,I make it strong, but it's only my second cup today. I do need to eat though....and to call you, and then you will understand why I am overwhelmed. You may also pass out. Just saying.

(EDIT...not now of course re the call, but at a more suitable time ).
Old 09-26-2016, 11:08 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

I love you Lillian....so much.

Now, this coffee thing....coffee is coffee, this is just espresso. And yep,I make it strong, but it's only my second cup today. I do need to eat though....and to call you, and then you will understand why I am overwhelmed. You may also pass out. Just saying.

(EDIT...not now of course re the call, but at a more suitable time ).
I love you too. Now eat something.

Do you know that some people have a genetic disposition to drinking coffee? I just took this mail-in DNA test....and the tests say, among many other things, that I have a gene which causes me to drink too much coffee. The "too much" tag seems a bit of a pejorative, especially for science. Judgey.

They didn't say espresso though...they said coffee. US company I guess.

If you like strong espresso, maybe you and I have the same genes. Our ancestors sat around the cave drinking coffee together before they went out gathering berries and writing poetry. Ha!

I'm off to bed now. Coffee is wearing off. Hope you're doing ok. Did you eat something?
Old 09-26-2016, 11:23 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Yes love....toast.

Sweet dreams of wondrous verses and berry picking.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Is someone overdosing on coffee? My sister and I once did, back in 1944, on watch for "enemy" aircraft in western Pennsylvania. Around 3:30 a.m. we got to laughing hysterically and became very high on coffee. No doubt we let several planes go by which would have bombed the steel mills if they were not TWA or American Airlines. Then America would have lost WW2, all because of coffee. We might have been tried for treason but the Nazi's might have taken over and complimented us on our "collaboration". Then there is the time when I was nearly stabbed to death by a drunken cook for leaving too much syrup on my plate. But he was not drunk on coffee. Vodka, rather, gin or maybe bootleg whiskey.
You think I've gone mad? You're right. Mad at having to sit in my eye doctor's office to have a hair removed from my eye (an hour and a half). Chinese doctor. Probably thought I was a Trump enthusiast. That would be "disgusting"! Revenge for the Opium Wars. Ah I'm jus goin' tuh fuggedaboudid!

W.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:10 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

P.S. I also am having a very hard day. Feeling lonely, isolated, etc. etc. Went to the eye doctor and they were very impersonal. Made me wait for over an hour in my pajamas and wrapper. Said it was "protocol". Got home. Nightmare. What ever happened to humanity , to medicine? Thank God for the dog! May not post for awhile.

W.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

((((((((Bill))))))))
Old 09-27-2016, 03:57 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better Bill.

Just a big ole Hug just because.
Old 09-27-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wpainterw View Post
P.S. I also am having a very hard day. Feeling lonely, isolated, etc. etc. Went to the eye doctor and they were very impersonal. Made me wait for over an hour in my pajamas and wrapper. Said it was "protocol". Got home. Nightmare. What ever happened to humanity , to medicine? Thank God for the dog! May not post for awhile.

W.
Love ~ I would complain about that. That is abuse....I have been a carer for a long time. I work with older people, and I know the law.

That optometrist's office needs to be reported. If I was there, I would do it for you in a heartbeat. How DARE they treat you like that!!!

So much love my dear friend.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
Hope you feel better Bill.

Just a big ole Hug just because.
Thanks, Kris, for the PM. No fears about losing sobriety thank God but do have some dreaming issues. Got an infected left eye. Dog is taking care of me very well. My Higher Power with four paws.

Bill.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Love ~ I would complain about that. That is abuse....I have been a carer for a long time. I work with older people, and I know the law.

That optometrist's office needs to be reported. If I was there, I would do it for you in a heartbeat. How DARE they treat you like that!!!

So much love my dear friend.
Thanks so much Suze. I never report a doctor. They just put you on the blacklist and it gets worse. I went in this morning with a suspected particle or hair in my left eye and they started giving me an eye test to my right eye. Eventually they discovered that I was wearing my reading glasses since I had come to the office in a hurry (to wait an hour to have them see me). They said I would have to wait longer in the ER. Have been to the ER five times in the past year and never had to wait longer than ten minutes. Superb care and diagnosis.
My wife mixed up her bank accounts, lost checks, checkbooks, etc. Then her cellphone. A little too much on my plate. Old man I am
I'll feel better soon. Hope you will too. Always thinking of you!

Fondly, Bill; Hug from me. Tail wag from Boswell (dog)
Old 09-27-2016, 05:32 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

I'm fine now love....let's concentrate on you. That's a lot to deal with at once.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:03 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope your week gets better Bill
D