Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 28

Old 09-20-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good Evening to you now Up

Having a good day....at Drs appt now & then headed back to "work" to bake & play cards. Hope all is well with everyone.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too UP

D
Old 09-20-2016, 07:53 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Up- How your day was well!

Mariah- Glad your day was good too. I'm envious of your job situation, haha.

Good day all around. Operation Nose Dive was a success, so I am back at my easier gig. It's a long story, but nothing really worth telling. Other than that, I thankfully reached out to my school in inquire why I had not received my loan for school yet and it turns out I needed to complete some BS financial counseling. It was easy and I got off work early, so no complaints from this guy. Have a great night!
Old 09-20-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

It's great Noolan Except I'm poorer than I've been in all the years I've raised my Sons. I'm going to have to find a second job on one of my days off if I'm going to keep pulling it out of a hat that's almost empty. I know we'll be fine & have so much more than a lot of people do....appreciate when I lay my head down sober praising God I have a warm, safe place to lye my head down & rest.

Worked a split shift today too & was gone from home for 12 hrs so I'm going to call it a night. Love you Fools
Old 09-21-2016, 07:38 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Speaking of jobs ... I'm looking for one. Kinda excited about getting back into the working world but it's been a while so ...

Robin Williams was so awesome.

Have a good one, peeps
Old 09-21-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

He was great and hid his pain so well.

Good luck with the job hunt izz.

Hope you had a good night's sleep Mariah
Old 09-21-2016, 03:49 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Great news Noolan !
Nice job not hurtin' anyone's feelings .

That's pretty exciting starting a new job Izzy !??
Are you going for a certain kind of thing, ......or wide open ?

Maybe hire on with a roofing crew down there, ..... easy to keep a good tan year round.

Mariah,..
I'm kinda envious of that job you work too !?!

Finally got out for a short bike ride yesterday. It's been so dang long , ,..... having to start real, real easy.

How far do you usually ride Up ?
Old 09-21-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I haven't been riding lately ... I was riding around 8 miles.

I need to get back into it, maybe start with 5 miles.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:47 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I'm glad you found was was holding the school loan up Noolan & hope that all goes well with it now & that the operation nosedive put you back in what is a better fit for you

Good luck with your job search Izzy...I hope you find something that will be a good fit for you too you have a lot of change happening in your life now...your doing great Izz.

Off at a decent time this afternoon & chillin at home
Old 09-21-2016, 07:58 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good for you TS getting back on the bike!! Good idea to go easy for awhile...sure that felt great!

UP, 5 miles is a good ride
Old 09-22-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good Morning Fools....enjoying a cup of coffee in bed before I get going this am. Our first cloudy, cool morning in a long time, fitting for the first day of Fall! My Grandaughter dog comes to get in bed with me in the am when Son leaves for work. Her lymphoma is back & Son has opted for a 2nd round of chemo on her so they will be spending another winter with me.....she's his baby & loves her so much & she's worked her way into my heart too.....such a big sweet girl.

Working on mindfulness & being grateful
Old 09-22-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning everyone.

I hope the chemo works Maiah.

Have a great day all.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

I can't believe so much has been happening while I've been gone! It's been wonderful to catch up with what everyone's been up to. There's definitely a good vibe going on!

I'm actually really glad to be home. Don't get me wrong, we had a lovely time, but I definitely need time alone, and when you're away on holiday with someone who's with you all the time, there really is no place to hide! it's no wonder Christmas and family holidays are renowned for causing major family break ups.

I'm in the processing of unpacking, but just wanted to say "hi" and let you know that I've missed you all so much.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

YAY!!!!! Free's back

We've missed you too.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:12 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Thanks UP. I love your new name, very inspiring. You're sounding so positive and proactive these last couple of weeks - I'm guessing you're feeling generally better too, great stuff

Going away on holiday is still a big trigger for me. OH was drinking quite a bit while we were away, which didn't help. There's no way I was going to join him, but I was a bit shocked that I still associate holidays with alcohol. It's not so much fun trying to have a conversation with someone who's just getting slowly inebriated each day!

It's a shame he's not decided to quit altogether. But maybe in time, who knows.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:41 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Thanks Free, things are still a little rough but, trying to focus on the positive.

Hope you still had a good time even though your OH was drinking.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:09 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Welcome home Freein did you scuba dive? Always missed here. Good for you not drinking...truly, truly not missing a thing.

How's things with you Obo? Your missed too.

Way to go thinking positive Up. Hope you are having a good night.

A good but emotional day at work. One of the things I prayed for when I was looking for work was that I'de Work with someone I I could just be myself with & I have been blessed with that with my direct Supervisor.....are lives mirror one another & she is just such a genuinely loving person & the Peeps, last stage of their lives.....just beautifully emotional today.

Time to chill for a bit
Old 09-22-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Snorkeling Free
Old 09-22-2016, 08:40 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Maybe it has something to do with it being brought up but I highly doubt it but I have been feeling really sad these past couple of hours. I just can't figure it out.

I guess I should try and get some sleep even though I'm not tired.
Tomorrow is a new day.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:28 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

UP, while I've been away you've been upbeat and positive, as soon as I'm back you're not feeling so good - do I need to worry about this, or is it just my paranoia?

Mariah, I have indeed been "snorkelling Free". Met some new fish too, with extraordinary long noses. Not sure of their proper names, but I call them long nosed fish, creative eh?

More and more, I'm realising that happiness comes from within, it does take some work, but ultimately nothing outside us can make us truly happy. Even on a beautiful Croatian island, I could still feel discontented: the mosquitos, the uncomfortable bed, the lashings of sun cream I had to put on.........
These are all silly things, of course, but I suspect that even in paradise I'd find something that wasn't right.

It's actually quite liberating to truly realise that I am in charge of my own happiness - no need to rely on others or on different situations. It's here, now as Eckhart Tolle would say. I just need to be able to see it more clearly.

I'm looking forward to getting back to my routine - I've not done any real exercise, or meditation practice over the past couple of weeks. I'm a shadow of my former self, it's time to get back to looking after this body and mind.

It's good to hear you're back on your bikes Tops, and UP!