Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 28

Old 09-07-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

No, I wasn't joking about the tightrope, Izzy! However, when I spoke to my OH about it, he was somewhat underwhelmed by the idea, and basically told me to go and join a circus! But that's ok, I'll have the last laugh, because deep down we both know that my destiny is set, and I'll be walking the rope by the end of the month (I will probably have to mow the lawn, buy him a couple of motor bike magazines, and make sure I don't have any culinary disasters for a week or two, but he'll come round to my way of thinking, no doubt about it ).

If not, then the circus it will have to be
Old 09-07-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hello Fools.

Sounds like a tough time there izzy, maybe they should just wear glasses. Never mind, mine wouldn't wear the glasses. Except for the middle child who can't see without contacts or glasses.

Just think about all the traveling with the circus Free.

I haven't really had much to say here. I have been paying attention to what you all have been sharing.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Love your new avatar, UP
Old 09-07-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Your Funny Free

Glad your here with us Up.

Just home from work.....headed to speed walk, run some hills then plan quiet evening watching Narcos. Have a good night Peeps.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

contacts much better today, whew! they have glasses on the way but contacts for now and horrible vision I was unaware of. I felt so bad! They can see leaves and stuff now. they're like, "Mom, you have freckles!" yikes!

Mariah, how was your walk? I need to exercise. Does thinking about it count? at all?

up it's good to hear from you

Hows work top?

hope things are good in Ausie land, obo, thinking of you

noolan I finally looked at your instragram- so you like to cook? I love to cook! trying to get out of my easy spaghetti, pizza, taco routine ...

free, what's the countdown till holiday?!

wish I could mail you all eggs! Our chickens started laying and we're like Bubba's shrimp boat: egg casserole, egg burritos, egg sandwiches ...

have a good one, folks
Old 09-08-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I'de love some eggs Izzy Glad the contacts were easier this am!
I've been real slack the last 6 months on the exercise & it feels SO good to be back at it. Seems there is so much I have no control over in my life & exercise is something empowering I have a choice in.

I will be doing a work outing Saturday so have the day off today. Going to put pandora on, fill kitchen sink with hot soapy water & have a quiet clean day here. Not too exciting but will be good to get some things done. Coffee in bed first though
Old 09-08-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by izzy8 View Post

wish I could mail you all eggs! Our chickens started laying and we're like Bubba's shrimp boat: egg casserole, egg burritos, egg sandwiches ...

My favorite scene in the film !

Maybe you're on to something there Izzy,... pondering exercise must count for something !?
Like pondering sobriety over a couple stiff ones,...the "journey" and all.

The two youngest grandkids just got glasses also,.... something about kids in new glasses is adorable beyond description !

Great thoughts on the *choice* to workout as empowering Mariah,
...... I really may need to tag a giant piece of cardboard mounted on the wall with Nike's ancient slogan for a visual,....

Just Do It

Freein, .... We hear the U.K. has an actual Labor Party,
...we ( us yanks ) get a scrappy day in Sept. if our boss is ok with it.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by izzy8 View Post
noolan I finally looked at your instragram- so you like to cook? I love to cook! trying to get out of my easy spaghetti, pizza, taco routine ...
Yeah, I love to cook. I went from only being able to cook frozen pizzas and steaks to jumping right into it after going vegan for the month of April. It's now a great hobby in sobriety. Oh and you can never have too many tacos!

Good day overall. Work has been super slow. I'm part a large number of temps brought in for their busy season. Anyways, we are at the calm before the storm, so that's been nice; however, we are getting cut every day. Today the boss called me in to office an asked if I wanted to take on some additional training for $2 more an hour. So that at least means some job security as far as temps go.

I'm still playing catch up from 7 months of no work and bounced a rent check. Thank god my land lord was cool and is going to let me play some catch up. The biggest take away from all this is I feel like I should be more stressed than I am. It's nice. I guess I just view the world through a different lens. If I give a solid effort and don't do anything overtly horrible, I don't feel bad and like the world is crushing around me like I used to. I didn't realize it, but I was a ball of walking fear.

Have a great night, guys!
Old 09-08-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hello Fools!!

It's nice that your landlord is giving you a break and letting you play catchup. I hope the job situation works out, sounds like a good sign if the boss wants you to take on more responsibility.

IzzyGump eggs.

I think I might finally change my user name .... what do you guys think of UPward Bound? Then I can still go by UP.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
Old 09-08-2016, 07:51 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Ooohhhhh I like upward! UpwardOnward, UpandAtEm, ThinkUpGoUp?

Shrimp kabob, shrimp pasta, shrimp scampi

Wow I'm hungry ... Noolan, how is it being vegan? My family would be soooo unhappy if I tried that! Whenever I try to move to the right of completely kid friendly food, it feels like I'm just wasting a lot of time and money ... So it stays pretty simple around here . .

I agree with Up- good signs with your boss and landlord

Top - mental gymnastics? Wonder how many calories those burn?
I bet those grand babies are so cute in their glasses!

Hope the cleaning is going well, Mariah. I'm taking a break from cleaning after the house marathon. We're going to inspect the new house tomorrow, yay!

G'nite sober peeps
Old 09-08-2016, 07:56 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Upward4Life?
Upward2Greatness?
Upward2Grace?
Upward2Glory?

Night Izz
Old 09-08-2016, 08:04 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

UpandAway, shutUP ...

Old 09-08-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

UppityUp, DownWithUp

Old 09-08-2016, 11:27 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Upsidedown....

Footy finals.

A/V up and about it's all association but still there...

In for the bargain.....

Exhausted, need sleep!

😥
Old 09-08-2016, 11:47 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Upsidedown??? I don't live in Australia.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:59 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

😀
Old 09-09-2016, 12:55 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Think how much better the finals will be if you can pay attention and remember the game, Obo

D
Old 09-09-2016, 03:20 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

😃
Old 09-09-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

just a quick check in to say cheerio. I'm off to bed, then 2am wake up call for the drive to the airport.

I'll miss checking in, hope everyone has a great two weeks ahead.
See you all in 12 days!

Take care
X
Old 09-09-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

UP- SoberedUpInDe?

Izzy- Oh, I'm not vegan. It was just for that month. I still cook some vegan recipes that are cost friendly/tasty. In fact, I'm making salmon tonight!

Freein- Enjoy your holiday! I'm hoping to take an international journey in May, but can't get too wrapped up in that for another month or two while I smooth out finances.

Obos- I heard something in treatment that has really helped me deal with my AV/triggers. I went to treatment in rural Nebraska. It was a small town of farmers. Ignorant me thought "What are these farmers going to teach ME about addiction? I'm not here to learn about John Deer Tractors". Little did I know, they were going to teach me humility and how to get honest. In an NA meeting, one of my friends was talking about triggers. This elderly lady who had been sober from meth for 20 years, cut him off and said in her pack a day, raspy smoker voice "TRIGGER?! Trigger is a counselor word; for me, waking up every day is a damn trigger!". That was a moment I will never forget. It's also a truth that rang deep for me. I drank and used for a myriad a of reasons: it's nice out, I deserve to drink on a patio, it's game day, I deserve to have a beer while watching the game, I'm doing so well, it's been X months since I drank, my girlfriend broke up with me, I can't pay rent, I can't sleep, I need a few beers after a long day, etc. I just wanted to drink regardless of the situation. The reasons were just a mask my addiction wore. So for me too, waking up is my AV's only trigger.