I'm in for the bargain
Old 10-07-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

In for the bargain too.

Stay safe tops, check in when you can.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Had a really productive day today, which is unusual for a Friday! It feels good to be home. I have the whole weekend, (I'm seeing my parents on Monday rather than Sunday). Planning to tidy up the garden a bit, believe me it needs it.

Tops, I've been thinking of you all day - hope you're all ok over there.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Thanks y'all .

So grateful to be up on the 4th floor tonight . Was able to ride the scooter up the ramp and park in the middle of the building on the elevated first floor.
Just getting my clothes dried from the trip down here .

........ thank goodness I remembered to bring some coffee !!!

The head of maint. ( and co. ) are big drinkers ,.... and it sounds like they'll be at it all night.
,........ it feels good to be sober in case someone needs to talk to *first responders*.

Hopefully the center of Mathew continues N a bit offshore ,.....forecast to get the highest winds around midnight for several hours . The head of maint. is convinced the storm surge will bury the parking lot in several feet of sea water later.

Left the truck in a big open grassy field along with about 10 other trucks. Easily out of reach of the tall pines around,.....and the elevation is high for this island ,.... maybe 16 feet above sea level.

Don't know how long the electricity will be on, so will send this on now !

Old 10-07-2016, 11:39 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Old 10-08-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hope you weathered the storm ok tops.

Hope you all are having a good weekend.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

How's it going Tops? Hope the worst is passed now.

Managed to get a bit done in the garden today. Surprisingly little to show for a day's work - that's one of reasons I'm not much of a gardener, it seems to swallow up time, with very little progress. And it's never ending, the weeds just keep coming back!

That was a bit of a moan, wasn't it. It made me feel better though

How's the physio exercises going UP, Have you noticed any improvement?
Old 10-08-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

A little but, not really. I think it will take more intervention to find what's wrong.

If a doctor can find and fix whatever is wrong, I might dance a jig.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:27 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

I'll look forward to see the jig, UP. Better get practicing, because it might well have to go on YouTube.

Izzy, how is the move going, are you all set?

Another day at home today, wow I didn't realise how much I took weekends for granted in the past, 2 whole consecutive days, what a luxury!

Hopefully we'll hear from Tops soon, to let us know that all's well.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:58 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

How's it going Tops, 4th floor still standing...?

Dance a jig, always remindsme of the Last Boy Scout, Bruce Willis movie...

Spent the day framing a friends house, which is made of shipping containers, solar power, the whole enviro thing. Pretty impressive.....

Still sober, hope all are well
Old 10-09-2016, 08:31 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

That house sounds incredible, Obo. I love hearing about alternative, creative ways of living.

The weekend is almost over here. It's gone really quickly, but I have cleared quite a bit in the garden. It's looking a bit tidyer, I just have to keep up the momentum, and by Christmas it should be looking quite presentable.

There's definitely a lot to be said for living in a small home, with a tiny garden, as far as simplicity is concerned. All of the time it takes to maintain a home could be spent on more healthful things - like yoga.

Tops, hope all's well with the aftermath.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:06 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday

Our house closed but the people buying the house from the people buying our house(who knows how long this train goes ...) have had banking issue so we are still here, living out of boxes. Pretty frustrating.

The shipping container/ solar house sounds awesome! I've seen those and wondered how that works.

Free- I hear ya on the garden thing. We had the same issues- weeds took over and it ended up seemingly like a waste of time. I do enjoy growing things though so I'm glad our new house has a little greenhouse out back. I'm going to try growing maybe some tomatoes, peppers ... things like that in containers maybe?

Regarding sobriety, I've been going through this book- which has about an hour of soul searching work to get through each day- it is really helping me get down to the why's and how to not just be sober but live the kind of life that doesn't lead back to where I could easily go back to if I don't change my thinking. It's been really good. And why I know I need a life outside of my home. Love my family but I and they need a more healthy, balanced moma that's thriving- not just getting by. It's been fun thinking about the possibilities!

I bet Tops boat is coming in handy!

Old 10-09-2016, 09:50 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Tops, I hope all is well!

It was nice to catch up with all the other posts. Lots of bargain shoppers in this thread. #dadjoke.

Life is good. I just completed my homework with 30 minutes to spare, so there's that. Spent yesterday helping an AA friend move. It was nice to finally do something outside of meetings and it only took just short of 9 months. hahah. I hope to keep expanding that area of my recovery.

Just read something horrible on facebook. Someone I was in treatment with posted they slept through their daughter's wedding. I'm sad for her and for her daughter. They both were in the family sessions of therapy at rehab and I can't imagine how either feel. It really hit home because my sister has her wedding in a couple weeks and I'm so thankful no one is worried about what I might do or say. I get to be present for one of the most important days in her life, clean and sober. If that's not a bargain, I don't know where you shop.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:57 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Izzy, that book sounds interesting, I'd be interested to know the author?
Sorry to hear that you're still living out of boxes, that is so frustrating. Thank goodness you're keeping a clear head, and able to manage the situation as well as possible.

Noolan, that is sad, to sleep through her daughter's wedding. I hope she is able to reach out for the help she needs now.

Btw, it's great to hear your studies are going so well

I'm having to take my Mum to the hospital today for an appointment, it's quite a mammoth task getting her there. She can hardly move these days. Dad has come to the realisation that it would be better for her to be looked after in a care home. It's a difficult decision to make, but I think it's probably for the best.

Hope all's well Tops. Let us know how things are if you get a moment?
Old 10-10-2016, 04:01 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Good morning everyone!

Up early this morning, I start some volunteer work this morning. Hopefully it will help out with the job search.
Fall is definitely here, quite chilly this morning. I want to just crawl back in the warm bed.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-10-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

I've lost it again.

I'm in trouble......

No light anywhere!

Don't know where this came from.

I am constantly thinking of you all, my friends in the same fight.

I need to scramble back to square, I'm getting very upset by old things, it's ruining everything I fought so hard for......

distant and nearly lost to the cause...
Old 10-10-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

swings and roundabouts....

just look at this American election....

it's all a masked hell, either way
absolute,
undeniable chaos
a solid prediction for a future of a desire, plastic, disgraceful base driven lust society, only but following a catastrophic lead!

Addiction is only a major sign for all that is to come, when one thinks on a broader scale.........
Old 10-10-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Obo, our addictive minds love telling us that we are "lost causes". But it's a lie, our sober mind is there in the background, we just have to give it some attention, and clear the way for it get back in charge. Our addictive minds are not who we are, it just pretends to be us.

You can live a beautiful sober life, It just takes time for the old addictive patterns to break, and for more healthy patterns to replace them.

We'll support you every step of way - life on the other side of addiction is better than even I imagined. Never having to think about alcohol, never wasting time and energy arguing with ourselves, having a clear head to cope with what ever comes our way, knowing we can achieve whatever we want to put our minds to...........the list is endless. Our addictive minds tell us that this drink will fulfil all our needs, then it laughs as our life falls apart.

Obo, you're with friends here, you know what to do, just get back to it.

Love and light being sent your way <3

Btw, I'm also worried about America's candidate options
Old 10-10-2016, 08:43 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

TS text me this am and then we talked by phone. Lots of clean up work but he is OK spent the day yesterday with a chain saw as branches & trees everywhere....his home needs some minor repairs but weathered the storm. No electricity there yet & may be a few days.

Love to you all....had a good sober, restful weekend