# 202 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Good luck Tops.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Keep us updated top!
Old 10-04-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Tops- Thinking of you, I hope you're safe and well!

"Success without fulfillment is the ultimate failure."

Greetings Fools, the quote above was something I heard from a motivational video I was just listening to as I worked out. It really hit home. My whole adult life was that. I had some success, but I never had fulfillment. I had no fulfillment, because I had no identify. This bred fear and the fear compounded to every fiber of my being.

It took 2.5 years, relapse after relapse, failure after failure before things started to click. I certainly learned a lot between those failures, but the journey often felt hopeless.

Now I realize the only failure was when I chose to fail. When my old life seemed easier than forging a new one. Now 8 months and change, I realize failure is part of the process. It's how I react to failure that is the difference. It's how I react to the fear. My solution is to keep pushing.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:31 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Great writing Noolan, you seem right on top of your game.

Up, how's the PT going, what are you doing ?

Tops, I hope it's a false alarm mate!
Old 10-05-2016, 01:42 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes from me too Tops

D
Old 10-05-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Noolan- those are great thoughts- I always enjoy reading your posts

Top- I'm worried about you! Just read about Matthew- looks like you shouldn't get the worst of it anyway ... ? what's up with these storms?!

Thinking of you Mariah ❤️
Old 10-05-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Still progressing obo. They started a new exercise Monday along with making some others harder. I go back this afternoon and I am going to tell them to cut the new one out. I was in pain all night Monday and I think the new one is the culprit.

Otherwise it's SSDD here.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:06 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Thinking of you too Tops, hope the radiology appt went OK <3
Old 10-05-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Hey fools, just checking in. Trying to avoid these multi-day breaks from ya'll. I took more early leave at work today. I'm just determined to be broke I guess.

I've been laying around, but managed to load the dish washer and after this post will be completing my reading for this week's class. It's strange, it feels good to be back in school, but leading up to this, I had thoughts of "if I relapse again, this is all for nothing" to "well I could drink again and since it's a 2.5 year program and I'd still have time to get be **** together". I think it's just old habits flaring up. The obsession to use is gone, but in moments of uncertainty, old ways of thinking creep in. I don't think I'm afraid of success, but it feels that way sometimes.

Oh well, life is good. I made some fantastic greek style meat balls last night and making curry tonight. I make curry at least once a week. It's tasty and I found a simple recipe. Anyways, in for the bargain as we say.
Old 10-06-2016, 02:00 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Watching Home and Away on tv....

worked till I was exhausted today in the garden....

Tops...?
Old 10-06-2016, 12:10 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Noolan, sounds like you have some fabulous culinary skills! I'm on the look out for a simple vegan curry, I've tried my hand at quite a few with mediocre results at best

Obo, you'll be aching tomorrow , a heavy gardening day is akin to workout at the gym.

I've been finishing the day with a yin yoga DVD over the past few evenings, and its been a lovely way to wind down. I still need to stick to my meditation habit though.

In for the Bargain too.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:18 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Tops, are you inland? It looks like you were right to be cautious. I hope the next couple of days are uneventful, then we can breath a huge sigh of relief!
Old 10-06-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Thanks for the well wishes everyone !!

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
Tops, are you inland?
I'm about a city block from the Atlantic Ocean Freein,.....but have been cooking a ton of food today to take down to the resort where I work and will stay there as Mathew comes through. The resort is structurally a beast !
Five floors of concrete and steel,...and the head of maintenance is riding out the hurricane there also,.....

Most everyone has already evacuated yesterday and today, so this place is like a ghost town .
Old 10-06-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Noolan View Post

"Success without fulfillment is the ultimate failure."

Greetings Fools, the quote above was something I heard from a motivational video I was just listening to as I worked out. It really hit home. My whole adult life was that. I had some success, but I never had fulfillment. I had no fulfillment, because I had no identify. This bred fear and the fear compounded to every fiber of my being.

It took 2.5 years, relapse after relapse, failure after failure before things started to click. I certainly learned a lot between those failures, but the journey often felt hopeless.

Now I realize the only failure was when I chose to fail. When my old life seemed easier than forging a new one. Now 8 months and change, I realize failure is part of the process. It's how I react to failure that is the difference. It's how I react to the fear. My solution is to keep pushing.

Thanks for this ^^ Noolan ....
It's really helped clarify a few things for me the last couple days .
Old 10-06-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
Noolan, sounds like you have some fabulous culinary skills! I'm on the look out for a simple vegan curry, I've tried my hand at quite a few with mediocre results at best

Obo, you'll be aching tomorrow , a heavy gardening day is akin to workout at the gym.

I've been finishing the day with a yin yoga DVD over the past few evenings, and its been a lovely way to wind down. I still need to stick to my meditation habit though.

In for the Bargain too.
Here are some vegan recipes I cooked when I was vegan in April

African Peanut Soup Recipe
Spicy Vegan Jambalaya | Life As A Strawberry
Spicy Vegan Sloppy Joes Recipe : Food Network Kitchen : Food Network (lose the walnuts and sub in quinoa or just go without)
Cauliflower Rice Stuffed Peppers | Minimalist Baker Recipes
Easy Coconut Curry | Minimalist Baker Recipes
Old 10-06-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Tops, glad you've found a bunker!

Well, easy day at work. We were dead, so rather than go home, I did most my homework. I still have to do another posting, and force myself to do some yoga. It's amazing how easy I'm ready to say, F it, good enough for me. No, I need to continue to be disciplined.

Besides that, life is good. I get random moments of loneliness. I think it's probably the fact I've been dateless for 8 months. I know I don't want to rush into a relationship just to be in one and I'm doing everything I need to be ready for a healthy one once it materializes, but some days the feeling creeps up. OH WELL, haha. Keep grinding and good things will happen. Plus I posted two days in a row, so there's that.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Tops ~ I saw a mention of a Hurricane Mathew support thread in the Alcoholic section. Don't know if you want to check it out, just thought I would mention it.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ck-thread.html

We will be here for you ... stay safe.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:37 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

You're doing great Noolan. Those recipes sound sound lovely.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:50 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Tops, the resort sounds a safe holdout. I hope the next few days pass without major incident. Keep us posted won't you?

UP, that sounds a very useful thread at a time like this. Great job spotting it.