SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 part 31 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/397063-class-march-2016-part-31-a.html)

KiKi0615 09-06-2016 06:05 AM

Have a great day everyone. I promise I won't drink today. Still feeling down on myself and my husband and I haven't said a word to each other in about 2 days. It makes me sad.

Congrats to everyone on their milestones. Love u.

KiKi0615 09-06-2016 06:43 AM

I found this great article! Quick read. Worth it. Check it out. Let me know what you think???

https://thisnakedmind.com/6-reasons-...drink-alcohol/

Keets 09-06-2016 07:46 AM

Man I feel like I have run over by a freight train, I don't think I have ever been this sore. I made it through though and can now breath. It was sad to see all the drinking and the whole bridal party slurring their words and what not. Glad I didn't drink.
Hope everyone is doing well lol I'm going back to bed for a few hours

Bobbieka 09-06-2016 08:10 AM

Checking in. Had a great weekend. It was funny though. On Sunday, a friend was drinking his beer and was like, I'm the only one drinking?!? Later I told him I was an alcoholic and he said, but you really just don't drink because of your medication, right? I'm like, no, seriously, I'm an alcoholic. He just couldn't get it.

Other than that, it never came up. No one cares what I drink or don't drink.

Hope everyone has a great day. Prayers being sent out for all of my March class. Love you all.

Kiki, I really liked the article.
Keets, well done. I'm sure this is the first of many.
Samantha, Good morning. Do your legs hurt?
Applekat, ((Hugs)) It's rough when they leave for school. Even kindergarten.
MITA, Enjoy your day off.
Kayak, Hope your recovery is going well.

Talk to the rest of you later.

Don't drink, it's dumb.

Applekat 09-06-2016 08:37 AM

I think the points in the article are what I tell other people or even my husband at this point to almost sugar coat - or smooth out - the situation and my intentions. But definitely what I feel in my heart and my head are way more deep and even though I don't like to use the A word (haha) I truly believe I am.

I've read a little bit about Annie Grace and The Naked Mind and I'm not a huge fan just by skimming the surface. I haven't read her book, just a preview. It's just a little too - easy peasy sounding for me. But maybe I'm overthinking it! Has anyone else read it? Obviously the points are valid points but it feels like it gives too much wiggle room. Maybe it's because I am worried that any future slip could mean death.

It's bizarre once again to be home with just 2 out of 3 kids! And yes, AV piped in and said, what a great little life, why don't you celebrate! NO!

Bobbieka 09-06-2016 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Applekat (Post 6124031)
I think the points in the article are what I tell other people or even my husband at this point to almost sugar coat - or smooth out - the situation and my intentions. But definitely what I feel in my heart and my head are way more deep and even though I don't like to use the A word (haha) I truly believe I am.

I've read a little bit about Annie Grace and The Naked Mind and I'm not a huge fan just by skimming the surface. I haven't read her book, just a preview. It's just a little too - easy peasy sounding for me. But maybe I'm overthinking it! Has anyone else read it? Obviously the points are valid points but it feels like it gives too much wiggle room. Maybe it's because I am worried that any future slip could mean death.

It's bizarre once again to be home with just 2 out of 3 kids! And yes, AV piped in and said, what a great little life, why don't you celebrate! NO!

I agree with the wiggle room theory. I am an alcoholic. I don't really care who knows anymore, because I feel like I am becoming so much more than that. I also feel as if my alcoholism has helped me look into me and become a person I probably would have never found without the "A" word. I tried to deny it for so long. I was self-medicating, I was stressed, I was bored, I was happy, I was celebrating, etc. Fact is, I'm a straight up, old fashioned alcoholic. Knowing that, admitting that, embracing that, helps me.

Applekat 09-06-2016 09:48 AM

For anyone that enjoys Annie Grace she does post on Facebook - This Naked Mind.

I like trying to find FB posts or groups to read or follow. From mommy-related stuff, to recipes, to addiction. :)

CaseyW 09-06-2016 10:36 AM

Ugh. My throat is on fire and I'm working on like three hours of disjointed sleep. Can't even remember what day this is and I'm too lazy to get up and check my calendar. 178 maybe?

Hope everyone is doing OK.

Bobbieka 09-06-2016 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by CaseyW (Post 6124120)
Ugh. My throat is on fire and I'm working on like three hours of disjointed sleep. Can't even remember what day this is and I'm too lazy to get up and check my calendar. 178 maybe?

Hope everyone is doing OK.

Yes. 178. Well done. Hope you feel better soon. You're on the home stretch. You can do it.

samantha14 09-06-2016 10:44 AM

Checking in from work. I have "vacation hang-over" - lol...sure is better than the real thing. I got a lot done today and feel pretty productive....hoping to leave before three and go get a tea on my way home. And yes Bobbie - my legs hurt...lol

Kayak - how are you doing?

fred59 09-06-2016 10:51 AM

kiki good read, what I found alarming is how I was drinking some what responsibly at the last couple months I could drink a fifth of vodka on any given day and keep rolling no hangovers but one day it scared me straight when I realized how my tolerance for alcohol had increased and I knew I was in trouble.
I feel so much better turning to exercise and good diet instead of vodka to deal with life, seems like a no brainer :headbange

fred59 09-06-2016 10:56 AM

I just talked to my daughter her and my son were in Las Vegas for 3 days of partying , I hope they can drink responsibly and enjoy alcohol, I do not preach I have told them about my addiction to alcohol and they need to be aware of the dangers.

samantha14 09-06-2016 12:07 PM

On my way home. No tea today - I forgot my wallet....sad face.

Bobbieka 09-06-2016 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by samantha14 (Post 6124212)
On my way home. No tea today - I forgot my wallet....sad face.

that sucks.

samantha14 09-06-2016 12:15 PM

Lol....I often wished that would happen when I was buying alcohol...wish granted - just not how I wanted. Lol.

Applekat 09-06-2016 01:10 PM

Winding down the hot, hot afternoon here. How is everyone?

Kayak how are you?

samantha14 09-06-2016 03:09 PM

Hi everyone. I feel cranky tonight! Just made a cup of chamomile tea and trying to settle down but I am miserable! Uggg!

It's quiet in here - anyone out there??

Dee74 09-06-2016 03:11 PM

:wavey:

D

Caramel 09-06-2016 03:12 PM

Hi Samantha :)

samantha14 09-06-2016 03:25 PM

Hi Dee! Hi Caramel!!

Not sure why I get the mood swings - part of early recovery or part of being a woman....lol....either way it sucks! Also I was thinking today that sure would be a lot happier if I won the lottery.......just saying :p