Notices

Class of August 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 08-31-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

whiskey I have heard people say that we have thinking problems with our drinking problems, or something like that. Have you tried eating something?

Capricalla the last part of your post really struck me. Letting go feels amazing at the same time that it's terrifying.

Someone at work just told me that I look nice. No one ever says that to me. I put on nicer clothes this morning and, inspired by a post on this site, even put a tiny bit of make up on to accentuate my now-clearer eyes. I don't think it's a major shift in appearance but maybe all of this focus on being positive and staying away from drama and focusing on gratitude is inspiring more self care.

Anyway, it kind of made me happy for some reason and I thought I'd share. Back to work now.
Old 08-31-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi A-Team!

@Julia - well done on day 18!

@Whiskey - AV plays the good boy trick with me a hell of a lot. What has been working wonders for me is to have long term goals that relate to everything I do. As an example, I am not going to the gym just because, I have a specific target, so when I do it I get a sense of reward, which makes the AV argument to treat myself a lot weaker!

@capricallia - life with alcohol was full of contradictions here too. Glad you have been writing, it's nice to let thoughts get out of our heads somehow!

@bexxed - happy for you! Not drinking is full of these "side benefits". I am sure there s lots of reasons why all of us are starting to look better (eyes, skin, hair, colour), and also I have always thought that a true smile and a positive vibe make people look even better!

Time to head to bed here, another productive day and as it turns out tomorrow I shall wake up with one more day sober and a bit older!

Hurray!
Mr P
Old 08-31-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your 'graduation' guys - and your new home

May this be the first of many sober months

D
Old 08-31-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Am I back in the correct class ? First time rolling over ?
Old 08-31-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're all good Bowski

D
Old 08-31-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

D
Woot woot! Yay team! Let's keep it going strong, y'all. About to settle in with my sweetie for some dinner and deep-couch sitting. Just saw the first episode of Stranger Things last night and dying to see the next one. It's nice not having to re-watch things the next day because I was too drunk to remember what happened.

Anyway--really want to address you each individually, but need to get the salads made. Just know I am always thinking of you all. Keep o keepin on, A-team!!!

😘
Eli
Old 08-31-2016, 08:35 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
fgo

Welcome to our new home A-team.
It's been a busy day,. Hope everyone is well.
I look forward to seeing you all here for a long long time. that's my plan.
Night
Old 08-31-2016, 09:29 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elicia08 View Post
Woot woot! Yay team! Let's keep it going strong, y'all. About to settle in with my sweetie for some dinner and deep-couch sitting. Just saw the first episode of Stranger Things last night and dying to see the next one. It's nice not having to re-watch things the next day because I was too drunk to remember what happened. Anyway--really want to address you each individually, but need to get the salads made. Just know I am always thinking of you all. Keep o keepin on, A-team!!! dde18 Eli
This. Yes! It was always so frustrating having to go back the next night and rewatch the episodes I was too drunk to remember from the night before.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:27 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Day 20 drawing to a close. I stayed at work late and by the time I got home (forgot about a closed road and had to drive 15 min out of my way), fed the cats, and the dog, took the dog for a walk, and cleaned up the house it was nearly 11 pm! I'm ready to snooze. Congratulations to the A-Team!

In gratitude

B
Old 08-31-2016, 11:52 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

We did it, go A Team!!

Originally Posted by bexxed View Post
Letting go feels amazing at the same time that it's terrifying.
I read somewhere lately, life is like the monkey bars You have to let go to move forward, whether that letting go be certain personality traits or your past. Not drinking definitely does have an impact on your appearance and make you more aware of spending small amounts of time on self care, cos you know what we ARE worth it!

Birthday MrP or just a day older ?

I've been watching stranger things too Elicia, it appeals to my love of 'weird' shows and movies. I also find pleasure in now being able to consistently watch or read something withput forgetting what it was in the morning or falling asleep during it so I have to repeat it all.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:24 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

@capricallia - haha. So true about reading. It surely saves a lot of time not having to go back a few pages to remember what you read drunk the night before! Regarding being older today only you can say either of those! First sober one in 17 years.

Have a nice Thursday A-Team!

Mr P
Old 09-01-2016, 02:32 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

We made it to September!!! Yeah!! Congrats to us all!!

Read all the posts and congrats on everyone's milestones, xox

Kgirl.......have a great weekend camping...you will have a blast...

We had a few incites for the holiday as well but now this tropical stuff happening in the caribean and gulf is supposed to head my way so not sure what will actually pan out.

First REAL day back at work. Though not so excited, I know it is good for me and my sobriety. I read everyone's posts but rushing to get out.

Happy September everyone...stay safe and sober xoxo
Old 09-01-2016, 04:12 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

Here's to a new month of clean living for all of us! I know your support last month has helped me get to where I am, so THANK YOU!

Old 09-01-2016, 04:29 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CajunPrincess View Post
This. Yes! It was always so frustrating having to go back the next night and rewatch the episodes I was too drunk to remember from the night before.
And movies! When I go rent movies now I sometimes cringe because I will see a movie I rented before and ended up to drunk to really remember the whole thing.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:31 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

D
Congrats A-Team! I am so happy to be a part of the A[mazing]-Team!!

Let's keep stringing our sober days together for a really long time!
Old 09-01-2016, 04:34 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bexxed View Post
whiskey I have heard people say that we have thinking problems with our drinking problems, or something like that. Have you tried eating something?

Capricalla the last part of your post really struck me. Letting go feels amazing at the same time that it's terrifying.

Someone at work just told me that I look nice. No one ever says that to me. I put on nicer clothes this morning and, inspired by a post on this site, even put a tiny bit of make up on to accentuate my now-clearer eyes. I don't think it's a major shift in appearance but maybe all of this focus on being positive and staying away from drama and focusing on gratitude is inspiring more self care.

Anyway, it kind of made me happy for some reason and I thought I'd share. Back to work now.
I call it Stinkin Thinkin and it's an alcoholics arch nemesis!

B - I have no doubt you are beautiful inside and out. I'm so happy to hear you are taking time for you
Old 09-01-2016, 04:36 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrPL View Post
Hi A-Team!

@Julia - well done on day 18!

@Whiskey - AV plays the good boy trick with me a hell of a lot. What has been working wonders for me is to have long term goals that relate to everything I do. As an example, I am not going to the gym just because, I have a specific target, so when I do it I get a sense of reward, which makes the AV argument to treat myself a lot weaker!

@capricallia - life with alcohol was full of contradictions here too. Glad you have been writing, it's nice to let thoughts get out of our heads somehow!

@bexxed - happy for you! Not drinking is full of these "side benefits". I am sure there s lots of reasons why all of us are starting to look better (eyes, skin, hair, colour), and also I have always thought that a true smile and a positive vibe make people look even better!

Time to head to bed here, another productive day and as it turns out tomorrow I shall wake up with one more day sober and a bit older!

Hurray!
Mr P
Mr P - thank you for always being so supportive and positive with everyone here. You are a true blessing to the A-Team!
Old 09-01-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elicia08 View Post
Woot woot! Yay team! Let's keep it going strong, y'all. About to settle in with my sweetie for some dinner and deep-couch sitting. Just saw the first episode of Stranger Things last night and dying to see the next one. It's nice not having to re-watch things the next day because I was too drunk to remember what happened.

Anyway--really want to address you each individually, but need to get the salads made. Just know I am always thinking of you all. Keep o keepin on, A-team!!!

😘
Eli
Keep up the great work, Eli!! You are my sober twin and I hope we stay twins for a very long time!
Old 09-01-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by finallygotout View Post
Welcome to our new home A-team.
It's been a busy day,. Hope everyone is well.
I look forward to seeing you all here for a long long time. that's my plan.
Night
Hi finallygotout - that's my plan, too

Are you the one that mentioned you have a BB in TKD? I have been going to this school for over two years now, taking my son and watching from the sidelines. In the beginning of August my son tested and earned his black belt....at the age of 9 years old. Please trust me when I say that he earned every bit of that promotion, it was not just given to him because of his age...he is truly amazing. His journey in martial arts so far inspired me. And I love it
Are you still active with TKD?
Old 09-01-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi A-Team!

I made a realization this morning when I was making lunches. For any of you that have been around since the beginning of August, you may have a noticed a shift in me being very active on here to only making it out here like once a day. In the beginning I was also committed to reducing my facebook time because I felt like it was a bit of a trigger and also I wanted to focus on being productive and healthy.

So what is my realization? Well I am spending less time out here (I know I say I'm busy, but if sobriety is a priority, how do I NOT have the time?), I'm starting get back in the habit of spending way too much time on facebook (time that could be better spent here or doing homework!), and I have started having fleeting thoughts of drinking again.

If I am honest with myself I know what is going on. This is my AV being sneaky and slowly working away at me to put my guard down. This is my pattern, do really well, slowly ease up and become complacent, then boom at a moments notice, start drinking again.
So I'm here to let you all know this...I'm jumping off the relapse ladder. I'm refocusing on my sobriety. I imagine you will see me out here frequently again. I knew going into this that the real danger is complacency...I'm not letting it happen this time.