Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 08-29-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Ok so we are about to dawn on day 58 in an hour. I'm in bed.

I'm getting things done. Trying my best. It feels like I'm not making it this happen, but I am. At least my therapist says so. I dunno. It does still feel like this is happening TO me.

Dreams: Yup. Mine have been intense too. I've got an interesting one for you, but I'm getting tired. I'll tell you next time.

Night

Viper
Old 08-30-2016, 02:55 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
Ok so we are about to dawn on day 58 in an hour. I'm in bed.

I'm getting things done. Trying my best. It feels like I'm not making it this happen, but I am. At least my therapist says so. I dunno. It does still feel like this is happening TO me.

Dreams: Yup. Mine have been intense too. I've got an interesting one for you, but I'm getting tired. I'll tell you next time.

Night

Viper
Viper, are you better off today than you were 2 months ago? Or even a month? Day by day you're making progress!!!!
Old 08-30-2016, 03:05 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

One month today! What have I noticed? More energy, more motivation and less foggy in the brain. I am thankful and grateful for SR and especially you, my class!

Just a quick check-in as my day starts early at work. Who schedules 7am meetings anyway?

My meeting is tonight so this is going to be a very lonnnnnng day for me. I hope I don't lose steam in the afternoon. I wish there was some way I could find a place to take a 15 nap at work :-)

If I get a chance, I'll log in at work. If not, I will see everyone tomorrow!
Old 08-30-2016, 03:09 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Optimist

D
Old 08-30-2016, 03:40 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Got up at 6 to prepare for my sales presentation today. I haven't been sleeping well the last 2 nights (keep waking up around 3:30) but I still feel energized and motivated and ready to tackle the day which I could NOT say yesterday. I know it's weird and I'm not sure if anyone has these feeling but I always just know when it's the end of a binge- be it food or alcohol and today is the end of both for me. I am not anxious at all. I am hopeful and plan on living in the moment and taking it one day at a time. I have a lot of driving to do today so that means 6 hours of recovery podcasts to listen to. I really love sobriety elevator because he has a speaker on every show and it reminds me of the speaker meetings I used to love in AA many years back.

Thanks everyone for the support. My other goals are to go back to my smoothie cleanse for the next four days and work out Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I will feel much better by Saturday when I board the plane to Vegas all alone. It will be the first time I leave my kids for more than a night (it will be three days and nights total) and I am sure that isn't helping my anxiety.

Anyway, thanks again to all of you for the love and please keep me in your thoughts. I really want to do this, just for today.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I'm way better off then 58 days ago. After 30 days things started to get better more quickly. My thinking shifted, I'm dropping my OCDs and habits, listening more openly, I have WAY more money. That stress exhaustion is dying down (for now). I'm coping with things and just more relaxed.

Time to contact Motocycle Safety Division and see what's up with my lessons, and list the last few items to sell from my apartment.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

In hospital ER
Woke up feeling bad. Chest and left arm. Tires of hurting and feeling sick so frequently. They're admitting me and the nitroglycerin tablet and patch made me feel better. ( Probly not a good sign - lol)
My days of toiling in a labor intensive job may be marked, or over, but my days of being sober are still going forward.
This is a lot less worrisome without being a detoxing emotional fool

I'll at least get cardiology tests going while I'm here probably, and not have to BS around feeling bad if I don't have to.
This stuff runs in my family and if my days here, it's better to handle it and be there for my kids. My father didn't have a choice w heart disease. Anyway, I hope our day goes good and keep posting !
Old 08-30-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

JL definitely thinking of you and will pray for you. I hope maybe it isnt something too serious. Just rest up physically and spiritually.

Well JL certainly put my day into perspective I am still struggling with sociak plans. A friend was supposed to come over tonight for pizza and movies. I woke up this morning and just didn't feel up for it. I know it is part of my plan to have people over and make plans. But I am just tired and depressed today. I used to cancel plans to go home and drink which scares me but today I want to go home and sleep or cry. I did so much better last week. Had a social activity a few nights. So I know I am on the right track. Just wanting to focus on me today. Work has been really draining and all. I just to make sure I don't do this too often and fall into my old ways. But I think one day is ok, right?
Old 08-30-2016, 01:41 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

JL2014 - all the best care in the world to you.
Hope you will soon be feeling better.
We're here for you
Old 08-30-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Thinking of you JL and hoping you are getting good treatment and some answers in the hospital. Hope you feel better quickly- at the same time use this as an opportunity to get some rest. It sounds like your body needs it.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wishing the best for you JL

D
Old 08-30-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hey JL, I hope you're feeling better soon! Keep us posted, okay? I'm praying for you. I'm glad you went in!
Ex, I'm sorry you're feeling sad. I needed a night off tonight, too. Am in my pj's having juice and chilling out. I had another hard day at work. When will it end? I was going to work late and finish my calendar, and two of our residents had decided to escape together, so they brought them to me! So, I made a break for it. I'm as bad as them.
Congratulations on thirty days Optimist! That's a huge milestone. Thanks for sharing how you're feeling.
Glad you're back Sunflower! I hope it goes well. I didn't know you listed to speakers, too. I love them, they inspire me so much. Do you ever listen to Sandy Beach? He's so good.
Night all!
Old 08-30-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hey all,
I'm damm miserable but awful glad to see each post !!
Thank you all.
Sandy beach is SO good, Karen. I'm a Earl H fan too, and bob bezaans(?) also Bob Darryl
Optimist congrats on 30 !!!
Ex- you're doing good in my opinion- we all have an "old way of thinking", that's ready to bother us at any moment, in recovery.
SFL good to hear from you as well.
Penny also.
Y'all are helping me so much
Old 08-30-2016, 06:08 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I've had heart problems this year too JL, you're not alone mate. It was one of the major motivators for me to stop drinking and stay stopped.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:44 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

JL we are all still thinking of you today. How are you feeling? Not much on the agenda today. Just work. Sober work. Which I love so much better than "I'm so hungover I wish I was dead because I only got three hours of sleep" work
Old 08-31-2016, 05:56 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Hey all,
I'm damm miserable but awful glad to see each post !!
Thank you all.
Sandy beach is SO good, Karen. I'm a Earl H fan too, and bob bezaans(?) also Bob Darryl
Optimist congrats on 30 !!!
Ex- you're doing good in my opinion- we all have an "old way of thinking", that's ready to bother us at any moment, in recovery.
SFL good to hear from you as well.
Penny also.
Y'all are helping me so much
Didn't log on yesterday. So only just read that you were in hospital. Hope your doing ok and on the mend. Sending positive thoughts your way.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:58 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

What's going on JL? We're you discharged?
Old 08-31-2016, 07:01 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Good morning everyone. Got up at 6 to prepare for my sales presentation today. I haven't been sleeping well the last 2 nights (keep waking up around 3:30) but I still feel energized and motivated and ready to tackle the day which I could NOT say yesterday. I know it's weird and I'm not sure if anyone has these feeling but I always just know when it's the end of a binge- be it food or alcohol and today is the end of both for me. I am not anxious at all. I am hopeful and plan on living in the moment and taking it one day at a time. I have a lot of driving to do today so that means 6 hours of recovery podcasts to listen to. I really love sobriety elevator because he has a speaker on every show and it reminds me of the speaker meetings I used to love in AA many years back.

Thanks everyone for the support. My other goals are to go back to my smoothie cleanse for the next four days and work out Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I will feel much better by Saturday when I board the plane to Vegas all alone. It will be the first time I leave my kids for more than a night (it will be three days and nights total) and I am sure that isn't helping my anxiety.

Anyway, thanks again to all of you for the love and please keep me in your thoughts. I really want to do this, just for today.
You got this, Sunflower and we have your back!
We have to learn from our mistakes or we'll continue to repeat them.

Enjoy Vegas. My ex and I were there for 5 days and never drank a drop! There was so much to keep us occupied and entertained.

I will definitely keep you in my thoughts :-)
Old 08-31-2016, 08:07 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Day 39.

Spending 10 nights at the same holiday resort as 18 months ago. With a free bar my usual heavy drinking accelerated, and I spent the whole time either drinking or sleeping it off. I went back to work even more run down and self-loathing than usual Not this time though... Instead I've been exercising, taking advantage of the abundance of healthy food, and resting. Last time I came back 10lbs heavier, this time I think I've lost weight.

I was getting tired of the soft drinks on offer, so I've started drinking the odd alcohol-free beer. I've found I still love the taste, am satisfied after one of two, and love not feeling tired after if I don't carry on. I thought long and hard about this and decided it's ok as long as it really is alcohol-free (0.0%) and I insist on serving myself from the bottle so there's no chance of any mishaps. It's been a massive help to be honest and I don't miss the alcohol at all.

Hope everyone is ok and hanging in there.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ExDrinkingCub View Post
JL definitely thinking of you and will pray for you. I hope maybe it isnt something too serious. Just rest up physically and spiritually.

Well JL certainly put my day into perspective I am still struggling with sociak plans. A friend was supposed to come over tonight for pizza and movies. I woke up this morning and just didn't feel up for it. I know it is part of my plan to have people over and make plans. But I am just tired and depressed today. I used to cancel plans to go home and drink which scares me but today I want to go home and sleep or cry. I did so much better last week. Had a social activity a few nights. So I know I am on the right track. Just wanting to focus on me today. Work has been really draining and all. I just to make sure I don't do this too often and fall into my old ways. But I think one day is ok, right?
One day is ok, Ex, but it can often lead to a pattern. Can you designate one day a week to just chill and not make any plans? What ever day you choose, don't commit to anything, but make sure you follow through on the days you do have committments. One of our favorite sayings in my recovery group is "When you don't feel like coming to the meeting, that's when you most need it!"

Keep posting, Ex...you're doing great!