Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 08-25-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Thanks y'all. A job opp presented itself, yesterday. My wife's all over me wanting me to do it, because her younger brother works there. I don't know what to do at ALL. It's .65 less an hr, but there's no chance of doing the things that I hate, here. ( flagging traffic, shovelling asphalt). It's "buildings and grounds", for a wealthy private neighborhood. It's a little closer- in our county, but I've got the best job benefits I'll have where I'm at. I don't know what to do. NO peace about with way.
That's a tough spot to be in, especially in regards to your benefits. I think in times like these your gut will always lead you in the right direction. It may take a few days but you will eventually know what to do. Don't let anyone else choose something like this for you. Prayers for your BIL. That must be so hard for your wife. I hope he can recover with ease.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Nice you have choices JL! I hate making decisions like that, too. One way to help, besides, of course, praying about it and trying to listen for an answer, is making a page with two columns and listing the pros and cons of each job. It can help sort your ideas. Prayer and talking about it with others is tops, though. I hope your brother-in-law gets well soon. My mother had renal failure from untreated blood pressure problems. That was many years ago, medicine is better now. I'll pray for him.
Optimist, I loved how you handled the situation with your group leader. He needs to know better. Sounds like an idiot, but maybe he's only stupid in that one regard, and is wise with recovery issues. I hope so. Kudos to you for having the courage to stand up to him!
I saw another Youtube program that I want to share. It's about relapse prevention. I got a lot out of it and hope you all do too! Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYTp...ist=WL&index=3">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYTp...ist=WL&index=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
I don't know if that will work. But, If you just look up Addiction Relapse Prevention, it's on there.
Have a happy sober day everyone!
Old 08-25-2016, 04:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks for checking in Cute, glad you're doing well. I wrote down all the people that have posted from the beginning of our thread and saw that some are still posting, but others not. Stay strong, all!

JL, I'm so sorry about your brother-in-law. I'll pray for him. About the job, Dee gave good advice. Hope you come to a decision that gives you peace.

I'm still feeling way horrible with these allergies. I woke with a headach and feel as if a cold is coming on, but it just stays at that stage. I would love to stay home today and just relax...I think I just talked myself into it. Just absolutely no energy at all and still having trouble breathing.

I'm having wierd dreams again, but then again I always did. Last night was an eating dream, LOL. Better than a drinking dream I guess. And then I had a dream about weddings...multiple weddings occurring batch after batch. No, I wasn't a bride, but I was late to the wedding I was invited to, which is funny because I'm a very prompt person....

Anyway, I will check in later to see how everyone is doing!

Ok, going to settle in to my routine and get some work done. Meetings start in less than an hour so I better have my awake voic
Old 08-25-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

What are your weekend plans?

I'd love to know if you have anything fun planned. Friday evening, nothing. I may see if my youngest grandson would like to go out to dinner with me. I naven't seen him in about a week and I miss him. Hopefully, I'll feel well enough to go see my granddaughters play in a soccer tournament on Saturday. The youngest one (9) hurt her foot last week so it's not likely she'll be playing but I just love hanging out with them! Sunday, our church is having a baptism (like over 100 people getting baptized) and I was invited by a few of the women in our recovery grouop to be there, so, that's where I'll be Sunday. I have Monday off and I've got a huge list of things to get done around here before the fall/winter so I'll do that. How abour you?
Old 08-25-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi friends! Just checking in. Wild week at work. Remember when i said i used to deink because i was stressed? Well i guess i didnt know what stress was oh well. Put myself to be at 10pm last night so feeling great and ready to conquer. Day 31 need to stop appeasing my AV with frostys (ice cream) but maybe i can go for walks when it cools down. Love you all. Hugs
Old 08-25-2016, 10:01 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 33. :-)
Old 08-25-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Another night of bad dreams. It's funny that they would all come consecutively like this. I guess my brain is just purging it's junk.

TGIF everybody! Have a great day.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:49 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi all! My weekend plan is to clean on Saturday and go to work on Sunday. I'm going to a meeting on Saturday, too. So, not really anything fun planned. I work too much!
I hope you're feeling better Optimist.
It's still Thursday where I am. Fridays are a very busy day for me. The last thing of the day is to serve a wine and cheese party for the residents. That's tough for me. I'm going to try to call my sponsor right before and right after. That will help.
Happy sober night to all!
Old 08-25-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Day 30

Got kids. Wife's gone to hospital to see brother. They think his BP meds have damaged his kidneys. About it so far.
Job opp wasn't a good choice. Just my crazy alcoholic mind jumbling things up.
Super busy, and falling down tired.. More later if awake
Old 08-25-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I had bad dreams every time I quit drinking. No more I hope.
Kids in the bed, one w me til mom gets home. Soooo sore from work today. Ibuprofen evening !
No big plans for weekend. I'm off though. I can smell the Doritos and ice cream already !!
I'm sure type of comfort food will present itself.
Had a good talk with my sponsor this evening.
Gnite
Old 08-25-2016, 07:04 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your 30 in the midst of all of that JL

D
Old 08-26-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 5upersonic View Post
Checking in on day 33. :-)
Great job, Supersonic! To what do you owe your success?
Old 08-26-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forester View Post
Another night of bad dreams. It's funny that they would all come consecutively like this. I guess my brain is just purging it's junk.

TGIF everybody! Have a great day.
OMG, Forester, I too have been having crazy dreams and last night was no different. Not sure what's going on, LOL, but last night the common theme was my ex's cheating on me (they really did). You could be right about purging junk. I didn't really process stuff when my 2nd husband left me and now I am....
Old 08-26-2016, 05:33 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Karen, I'll be cleaning today after work so I can spend time with my granddaughters tomorrow. I'm so looking forward to it.

I'm feeling better today but still sneezing and stuffy. Allergies.

Not much going on at work. I have a few meetings to schedule and a couple of papers to write up and that's about it. I'll listen to some webcasts about keeping out company secure and maybe read a book from our library to fill in our "personal improvement time" we get every week.

Back to meetings...talk later!
Old 08-26-2016, 05:34 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Day 30

Got kids. Wife's gone to hospital to see brother. They think his BP meds have damaged his kidneys. About it so far.
Job opp wasn't a good choice. Just my crazy alcoholic mind jumbling things up.
Super busy, and falling down tired.. More later if awake
Congrats, JL!!!!
Old 08-26-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Just checking in at the end of day 39. Been a good week and the AV has been behaving. Had a lot more energy this week and definitely not been as down. Hoping that continues. Hope everyone is doing ok and has a good sober weekend.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:21 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hey there. Day 54 over.

Forester - Hilarious what you said about my brother. Hehe. Anyway, he means well. Obviously clueless here.

SunFl - Thanks!

My friend is still in the hospital. It must be terrible and lonely. Not anyone to really visit her. I feel overwhelmed. I was rude today with her. Im house sitting at a luxurious place. I wanted some time to myself. She needs clothes and things that I guess I'll be buying. I blocked the hospital's number, then felt like a creep. I guess I'll go there tomorrow or Sunday. Really bad timing for me, for her to be in this spot. Like I said, I have no life, I need to build one. Only enough strength for one here.

Anyway, I've got the huge dog at one end of the couch and The Hobbit on a 60" 4K going. I had some grilled chicken sausage and grilled peppers on a big roll tonight with chips. Then strawberries and star fruit.

I'm waiting on the Department of Transportation to put together my Individual Motorcycle Training/Certification. I'm getting it from The State for free. I've earned it. The normal class would freak me out. Crammed into 2 long days. We'll see how it goes. I might get a little 650cc multipurpose bike. Fill your life with healthier things right? It's funny, I was reading Rider Magazine in a waiting room, getting my brakes fixed. There was an add on the back cover with a guy on a bike in a desert. The slogan read, 'Cubicles Are Dangerous.' Haha.

Ok exhausted. Waking up at 6:30 every morning. 2 months ago it was 11am and hung over.

Night
Old 08-27-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear your friend is still in the hospital, Viperidae. I know how hard it is to be sympathetic all the time but you're doing your best...more than most people. Good for you :-) Congrats on Day 54!

Horrible night sleeping. I couldn't fall asleep to save my life. I was up until 2:30am and finally crashed ( more crazy dreams) so I ended up sleeping in until 9. Hopefully tonight will be better.

Change in plans this weekend. I texted my dil for the girl's game schedule and she replied, "They're all over the place. Can you come next weekend?" Turns out, the games are in the city my 1st ex lives, father of my children. When that happens, they usually make plans with each other for lunch and dinner, and even spending the night so the girls are closer to the games. I guess I don't fit in.... It's not the first time. The girls usually have a kids party and then the relatives come over for cake and ice cream on another day. I'm not invited to the adult party because the girls hang around me too much and don't pay attention to the other grandparents...I kid you not, my dil's words.

So, today will be cleaning the house, sorting through the basement and putting things in their proper place so the workers can get started repairing the flood damage. I HAVE to start exercising so it's on the treadmill right after I'm done here.

I'll be checking in occasionally just to stay strong!

Talk later! Hope you all have a sane, sober Saturday :-)
Old 08-27-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 days JL! And on 39 Oswin! And 31 Exdriker! And 33 5up! And anyone I may have missed. Keep posting everyone, we can inspire one another!
I made it through the wine and cheese yesterday. It was super tough. I called my sponsor and she helped a lot.
Where is Sunflower? I hope she's okay!
Viper, you're making good choices that I know must be hard to make. Inspiring for me. I have a problem with enabling people. I know it's not good, but am not sure how to stop. I don't want to become selfish. It's a thin line to balance, isn't it?
Optimist, I really feel for you with your grandchildren situation. I get left out a lot, too. It makes me sad. I am hoping that as I stay sober it will get better, or I'll at least be able to handle the emotions of it better.
I have a busy day ahead. I've been chilling out not getting much done today. I needed that. But, now it's time to get it in gear. First, I need to find a good meeting to go to today and build the rest of the day around that.
Happy Sober Saturday everyone!
Old 08-27-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Glad I went to a meeting this morning.
Gonna be a hard day.
Gotta drive to my passed brothers house. Family dividing up his stuff.
God I hate this crap. Wife's pushing me or I'd not even go.
Fast forward half a day please !!