Notices

Class of August 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 08-24-2016, 10:11 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Checking in all for Day 2!

Wishing everyone well wherever you are in the world and wherever you are on your journey
Old 08-24-2016, 10:28 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nmd View Post
Checking in day 2
me, too!!!!!
Old 08-24-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

All right! Long post of the day! Sorry if I missed anyone, I read everything and think you are all awesome.

@Ooona - it's inspiring me how strong you are. I am sure Saturday will be a hard but beautiful time, cherishing the life of someone you loved. Your words will make me a better dad.

@lovehoops - I agree that children can play a big part in our recovery. I am sure you are ready to watch your "little one" go to uni! I feel proud when mine climb a tree, I can only imagine what it'll feel like when they go to college!

@kgirl - nice to see you getting more and more confident! It's amazing how quick things start changing.

@neverthoght - awesome work with your neighbour (and with the list!). I am finding it surprising how most people are reacting well when I say I am quitting.

@bexxed - you rock, I have work drinks in next week and you just showed me how it's done!

@soNW - trust me, good sleep is right ahead and when it comes it's awesome! Back to 6 hours for me tonight though, with work and family life I need to sleep less to keep up with my plan!

@sloangrace - you are doing so well! I think you should always consider your detox days in the count, they re the toughest ones!

@Meshelly - I think these are the days when we learn the most, next one will be easier, next one easier, next one easier....

@nmd and countrygal - well done for day 2, we know how the very early ones feel.

Just left work here, going home for another nice night with Mrs PL and some late night singing! Sober life rocks!

Mr P
Old 08-24-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrPL View Post
All right! Long post of the day! Sorry if I missed anyone, I read everything and think you are all awesome.

@Ooona - it's inspiring me how strong you are. I am sure Saturday will be a hard but beautiful time, cherishing the life of someone you loved. Your words will make me a better dad.

@lovehoops - I agree that children can play a big part in our recovery. I am sure you are ready to watch your "little one" go to uni! I feel proud when mine climb a tree, I can only imagine what it'll feel like when they go to college!

@kgirl - nice to see you getting more and more confident! It's amazing how quick things start changing.

@neverthoght - awesome work with your neighbour (and with the list!). I am finding it surprising how most people are reacting well when I say I am quitting.

@bexxed - you rock, I have work drinks in next week and you just showed me how it's done!

@soNW - trust me, good sleep is right ahead and when it comes it's awesome! Back to 6 hours for me tonight though, with work and family life I need to sleep less to keep up with my plan!

@sloangrace - you are doing so well! I think you should always consider your detox days in the count, they re the toughest ones!

@Meshelly - I think these are the days when we learn the most, next one will be easier, next one easier, next one easier....

@nmd and countrygal - well done for day 2, we know how the very early ones feel.

Just left work here, going home for another nice night with Mrs PL and some late night singing! Sober life rocks!

Mr P
Thanks for reaching out to everyone Mr. P

So, how would you describe (genre) the music you are recording?

I want to start playing and recording again. I used to do a songs at a time, not like an album or anything. The problem is everything is placed away (out of sight, out of mind) and I sold my Tascam. And I know the recording tech as improved greatly in the 10 years....smaller and better sound quality. I should invest in a new recorder.

I have to put that on my "to-keep-my-sanity" list of things to do.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meshelly View Post
I kept saying I can have a drink tomorrow if I really want it.
I did that last night too
Old 08-24-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey NT - heavy metal is probably a fair description of this album! It's essential for my recovery, keeps my mind busy.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:32 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Mr. P and others who have given support and care- THANK YOU! Youre thoughts and well wishes are so very appreciated!

So, I have something amazing to share! Today I went to a noon AA meeting. Ive only been to like 3 meetings so far so of course Im nervous but forced myself to go inside. I know the chair from a different meeting so greetings to her and a couple others. Meeting starts and chair asks for topics for discussion and a young man spoke up and said " Grief and Loss', turns out his father passed just last night!!! So yeah with whats been going on with me, I was like omgosh, this is craaazy!
Everyone goes around sharing about grief they have experienced, not a dry eye in the room, I cried throughout the whole meeting! So much great advice, so many shared experiences of severe loss and grief WITHOUT picking up a drink/drug ! The chair herself just faced a major loss just 6 months ago and shes STAYING SOBER! Not a dry eye in this meeting today.
Was the topic a coincidence? I think not! I am choosing to believe that the universe is taking care of me, I have to get up and get out there, but I WILL be taken care of!
Have a wonderful and blessed afternoon!
Old 08-24-2016, 11:32 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrPL View Post
Hey NT - heavy metal is probably a fair description of this album! It's essential for my recovery, keeps my mind busy.
Nice....I come from a long history of HM.....A certain type.

I need something to do. I have all of the grass wacked and cut. House is clean. My wife didn't even have to do much. I was like a machine the past 5 days. Now I find myself wondering around. Our son is at my wife's parent because he doesn't start school until after labor day and my wife went back to teaching last week and there's no one nearby to watch him.

I pick him up tomorrow evening, which is over an hour away, because I'm off Friday to watch him. And then he'll be away next week on Mon, Tues, Wed.

So, being sober and my boy away since Monday...I'm pacing around the house.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thanks mr p ☺️
Old 08-24-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sloangrace View Post
I did that last night too
eek! How r u today?
Old 08-24-2016, 11:46 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

That goes for me shelley, too, how is today going?

Music sounds like fun - however I couldn't carry a tune if it had a handle lol
Old 08-24-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ooona View Post
Mr. P and others who have given support and care- THANK YOU! Youre thoughts and well wishes are so very appreciated! So, I have something amazing to share! Today I went to a noon AA meeting. Ive only been to like 3 meetings so far so of course Im nervous but forced myself to go inside. I know the chair from a different meeting so greetings to her and a couple others. Meeting starts and chair asks for topics for discussion and a young man spoke up and said " Grief and Loss', turns out his father passed just last night!!! So yeah with whats been going on with me, I was like omgosh, this is craaazy! Everyone goes around sharing about grief they have experienced, not a dry eye in the room, I cried throughout the whole meeting! So much great advice, so many shared experiences of severe loss and grief WITHOUT picking up a drink/drug ! The chair herself just faced a major loss just 6 months ago and shes STAYING SOBER! Not a dry eye in this meeting today. Was the topic a coincidence? I think not! I am choosing to believe that the universe is taking care of me, I have to get up and get out there, but I WILL be taken care of! Have a wonderful and blessed afternoon!
it's amazing how the universe works and how much we can really realize that when we live in the present, isn't it? Glad u had a good mtg 💕
Old 08-24-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome everyone and ok, you've convinced me - I'm an August-er
Old 08-24-2016, 12:24 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Oona what a wonderful stroke of serendipity, I hope it has been beneficial to you. A lantern on Saturday sounds absolutely lovely, will be thinking of you.

MrP I know exactly what you mean Rather jealous of you camping in the woods, it is my favourite place to go, always makes me feel more centered and peaceful after spending time there.

So pleased your anxiety is abating Nicole. I suffered terribly with anxiety and panic attacks the next day, so nearly every day then. I actually had panic disorder years ago that was sorted with cbt and beta blockers and could see myself starting to tip in that direction again. That Sunday after my last days long drinking binge, I was shaking like a leaf with anxiety, heart racing, feeling very dissociative and thought 'f this, I can't do this to myself any more, I'm the cause of this' Haven't had any anxiety in weeks now, a marvellous feeling.

Great day here, weather was lovely and gave me the opportunity to eventually get round to spraying the weeds that have been annoying me for months and gardening. Anyone who knows me knows I hate gardening but actually quite enjoyed it. Even found myself contemplating putting some flowers bed in. I know squat about flowers and soils and that so I'll probably kill them all but feeling the need to pretty the place up a bit. New chapter of my life. Day 18 nearly done and day 2 off the cigarettes!

Onwards and upwards A-Team.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:27 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

17 days today.
I'm feeling like this can actually be done.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

17 days is awesome! Congrats on that! I'm at five… :-) And half nerve-racked wondering if I'm okay! Tonight will be rough… Because I don't work tomorrow!
Old 08-24-2016, 12:45 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Awesome job on the days, all!!!!
Old 08-24-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pitty View Post
17 days is awesome! Congrats on that! I'm at five… :-) And half nerve-racked wondering if I'm okay! Tonight will be rough… Because I don't work tomorrow!
You got this Pitty! Remember you are "that girl" who went to bed sober yesterday!

P
Old 08-24-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

MrP I wish you'd change your avatar - every time you post I go get more choco-milk lol
Old 08-24-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Sigh - I guess this thread has been going on for a while now, but I'd like to join the August group! I'm on day 3 sober from drugs & alcohol. Still feeling like crap, looking like crap, filled with all of the usual fear and anxiety and sleeplessness......... but glad to be here and not using nonetheless.