Notices

Class of March 2016 part 29

Old 08-21-2016, 01:17 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

That's my main go to as well Caramel. It's when I can't formulate one ahead of time that problems such as today arise. There were so many people and they were standing in the doorway - that's what did it for me....
Old 08-21-2016, 01:18 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing CH!! Hope your day is going okay!!
Old 08-21-2016, 01:21 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Day 2 here and I've been fairly productive even though I slept in until nearly noon. I cleaned up the sliding door downstairs...took down and washed the curtains, cleaned the glass, cleaned the track (gross), and scrubbed the screen. It looks 100 times better now. I also cleaned and vacuumed out my car.

I have spent a lot of time in my car over the last month, and put nearly 3,000 miles on it driving to NC, Michigan, and St. Louis, which was last week. Sorry I didn't text you Bobbie...I wasn't in a place where I was up for meeting up. Next time, though. I stayed in Clayton, which has a pretty neat downtown area.

My job is going well. Getting used to waking up at 6:15 am after being unemployed for 4 months has been a little hard. Drinking didn't help that. I'm sure it will get easier with being sober. My position has a lot of room for growth and I really like everyone I work with. I think this is an awesome opportunity and I feel very lucky to be there.

DD starts school on Tuesday and we found out who she has for her teacher. She got the teacher she was hoping for and has friends in class with her too. She's excited for the school year. 4th grade, here we come!

My ex has been a little weird with me. Sort of hitting on me when we see each other. It really gives me the creeps. I hope he cuts it out!!! Maybe he thinks he needs to pump up my self esteem because I'm not dating (one date in three years). But what he isn't getting is that I am choosing to be single. I am happier single. Guess he can't understand that. He married the woman I found out he was seeing within 9 months of our divorce being final. Alone isn't necessarily bad. I'm learning about myself and learning to like myself. It's a good thing.

Anyway, happy sober Sunday to all. It's a gorgeous day today. I think I'll take the pup for a walk.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:23 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

"There were so many people and they were standing in the doorway" - ugh!
Old 08-21-2016, 01:29 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Man, some excellent posts here today. You are all very inspiring and comforting and just awesome. I can't thank you enough for being here.

Today is the day I am planning on having a heart to heart with my DW. She is out at a party/picnic. I am home doing some projects that need to be done as we look to sell our house. If she's in okay shape when she gets home, then I can start the conversation. If not, it will have to wait. There's no sense in having the conversation if she is too far gone. I am committed to doing this, though. All the posts today have given me plenty of resolve.

On the self improvement front, I've started running a little myself. I just finished up week 2 of a couch to 5k program. I ran a 5k about 7 years ago - nothing even close since
Old 08-21-2016, 01:29 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

CH - your day sounds so productive. Makes me feel super lazy....lol.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Thirteenth, congrats on the meeting. CH, the job will be much better sober. Good luck!
Old 08-21-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

MITA - I'm using the same app. I'm stuck on week five - of course it doesn't help that I'm not consistent. But that changes tomorrow!! Sending prayers and thoughts to you for your talk with your wife.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

That C25K is great. It actually worked for me and I started running 5Ks regularly. Then I went and got pregnant again. Then picked up drinking occasionally after baby came. I would love to start it up. I was just getting my time down and thinking about a 10K.

Keep at it guys!
Old 08-21-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I drank. That's all I have to say for myself.
Old 08-21-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
But you're here. It's not easy. I am proud of your honesty and strength. Let's do this together.
Old 08-21-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hey thirteenth. Sorry to hear that, but I was in your shoes just last Thursday. Don't be too hard on yourself, but don't keep drinking either! Can you stop right now?
Old 08-21-2016, 03:58 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
1 step at a time.

Kayak- I think we're going to have to lock you up.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is a brand new day.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I could have stopped, MITA. I didn't.

Someone here, sorry that I forget who, posted about Extreme and the album Three Sides in part 26 or 27 I think. Doesn't matter when. I was a huge fan of that album and actually met the lead singer before the whole Van Halen thing happened. Of course, that's not really relevant here, I'm deflecting. The point is, on said album is the song Am I Ever Gonna Change. The song has always reminded me of my bad decisions. It does so yet again.

Tomorrow is another day, a new week. I'll have work to keep me occupied and I have a Dr. appointment at the end of the week.

(I did do laundry and dishes though)
Old 08-21-2016, 05:00 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by clearlyheaded View Post

I have spent a lot of time in my car over the last month, and put nearly 3,000 miles on it driving to NC, Michigan, and St. Louis, which was last week. Sorry I didn't text you Bobbie...I wasn't in a place where I was up for meeting up. Next time, though. I stayed in Clayton, which has a pretty neat downtown area.
No apologies necessary. Take care of you. Clayton is a really nice area.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

Guys
I removed some posts under rule 9.

please remember this thread might be someones first experience of SR. Let''s keep it clean.

9. If it shouldn't be viewed by minors, then it shouldn’t be posted to the forums or chat rooms. This is a public, family-friendly forum. In addition, if something would not be considered “work safe” (to a boss or co-worker), then it shouldn’t be posted.
It is against the rules to circumvent the automatic censor, including the chat filter.
Dee
SR
Old 08-21-2016, 05:17 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you find a way to get past whatever is keeping you drinking Thirteenth.

D
Old 08-21-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that thirteenth. We have to figure out how to get you there, figure out what's getting in the way. Are you worried about detox? Is it that bad? Or is it something else?

As for change, there's a number of things I've needed to change for years, if not decades, obviously including alcohol. I haven't had entire luck yet, but with enough reading and self-analysis I think I know what's still getting in the way. It's pretty intractable (a personality disorder) but I do know what it is, where it came from, and pretty much what needs to be done about it. Doing what needs to be done is still a work in progress though.

Just an example, but keep digging. The answer is probably there.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:39 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I'm not looking forward to detox. Then again, it's a Monday tradition. It's not that. There are deeper issues I'm not addressing, Keep digging I shall.