Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 20

Old 08-11-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Originally Posted by SansaS View Post
Hi febs, just wanted to pop in to let you know that I've been sober for one month and one day I'll try to have a read back and catch up with you all
Thank you so much for letting us know, Sansa! :-)
Old 08-11-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
It feels awesome to be able to and WANT to be of service.
I remember this feeling. I will restart volunteering. Thank you for the inspiration. August, glad to hear your good news.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend Febbies

D
Old 08-11-2016, 06:41 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hello all!
Great to hear Sansa! Don't beat yourself up...you are AMAZING. Please continue to stick with us!!

Day 4 completed of meetings, meetings, meetings and only one more to go. Has been great getting back in the swing of work again. It's healthy for the soul!

Also had a great workout after work, so I am really sticking to it.
Shout out to all Fort Febs!!
Lee
Old 08-11-2016, 06:46 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hello Mel! Hi SansaS! SansaS just pick up where you left off with us! You just slipped thats all. Don't do it again! Lee - wholly molley half a year coming up? Unbelievable! Aug stay strong. Love that you have a passion to help others. It will feel so amazing doing it with the clarity of sobriety. CT scan tomorrow. Anxious. Hey Badger! Where is OOTT? Everyone is probably having trouble because of the system issues. K gotta get some zzzs.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:43 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

PHRD- will be thinking of you with the CT scan. They make me anxious, too.

Ice cream for dinner. Just now. Because...I can! Long night at work - a pulling-teeth-for-tips kinda night!

I will be able to make my lunch meeting tomorrow, for the first time all week. Went to a different club today; I can mix things up more easily now that I have a car, and am working around a different work schedule.

Looking forward to closing down the restaurant tomorrow, short 12-5 Sat then date night!

Does it scare anyone else how people talk about tapering? Did any of y'all taper? I just get edgy when I read that and think folks are toying with their AV....I know I'd sure as heck have played around with that and never quit....Just a thought from some of these recent thread topics.

Sleep well all-
A
Old 08-11-2016, 10:02 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

I could never taper.

If you don't know what you're doing, tapering may be no safer than cold turkey anyway, so yeah...I get a little squirrelly when it's mentioned too.

D
Old 08-12-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Hey guys! Glad SR is back so I can say hi.

First patio shifts. There are THREE, yes, three, flights of stairs with landings. No elevator. No dumb-waiter (ha, except one of us). And during the day, the only bar open is downstairs so I have to go down to ring in and pick up people's cocktails. I felt fine while doing it (10-4 - including set up which is lugging everything upstairs- plates, pitchers, trashcans, sauces.....) but I hit a WALL about 5 when driving home! It has been a really busy (good, but so busy), what, ten days or so?? So I came straight home, no bank or errands, and ate a healthy dinner and took a nap. I've already taken my nightly sleep pill so I plan to be out here soon!!

Fiiiiinallllly getting a haircut tomorrow. Then highlights, hopefully next week after I keep making money through this weekend

Take care all-
A
Well, that rules out Fat Matts in the ATL. I've been there, and to Hooters on Peachtree, too. Back in the bad old days.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:54 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Tapering didn't work for me. I did it at least twice, but I got back to my previous routine of buying beer each night after days of tapering down.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:58 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PHRD View Post
Hello Mel! Hi SansaS! SansaS just pick up where you left off with us! You just slipped thats all. Don't do it again! Lee - wholly molley half a year coming up? Unbelievable! Aug stay strong. Love that you have a passion to help others. It will feel so amazing doing it with the clarity of sobriety. CT scan tomorrow. Anxious. Hey Badger! Where is OOTT? Everyone is probably having trouble because of the system issues. K gotta get some zzzs.
I'm still in Cabo on honeymoon patrol. I've been completely okay...not much AV, but this place is DROWNING in alcohol. It's like swimming with sharks wearing a ham life preserver.
Lots to report when I get back, but suffice to say things are going great... except I have sunburned eyelids. We went ziplining yesteday. Tuesday was crazy because of Tropical Storm Javier, which disrupted the city. Fortunately, storm fizzled out, because we read that there were plans to cut power in order to force people to evacuate.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Congrats to SansaS. There's really nothing like sobriety.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:01 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

The band is just fantastic, that is really what I think. By the way, which one's Pink?
Old 08-12-2016, 07:05 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

OK- so, a question. I forgot to mention this late last night when I posted- so maybe that means it really isn't a big deal.

Last night at work, a girl had a dessert and offered me some. It was our banana bread pudding which is good, but I've always thought was too sweet. Since I haven't successfully kicked my sugar habit (though I've tapered the ice cream, HA!) so I had a bite. Small bit of ice cream/cake - I said "oh, I like it this time because it's not so super sweet!" and she said "Ohhh, I love it sweet! bring on all that whiskey sauce!!" Ba dum.

Big deal? Methinks not but it bugged me that it happened. I had forgotten the sauce was on there- and I am not even sure there was any on my bite. I know alcohol burns off when you cook,etc, but I've not eaten anything like that (vodka sauce, etc) and this was a topping...I am certainly not going to start looking for foods with alcohol in it where I can "sneak drink," so to speak. Did it just bug me out of...fear? Should it just be reframed in my mind as a reminder that alcohol can be everywhere, and a mental note that my threshold for ingesting it is pretty close to zero (I haven't ruled out cold medicine with it, for example).

Thoughts? Maybe I am overreacting, or maybe it is just a little note to self particularly since I work in a restaurant. A bite of cake that maybe had some alcohol in a sauce that also had other ingredients does not equal accidentally picking up a glass I think is water that's actually vodka. Clearly, I am looking for reassurance as well as your honest thoughts.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

August, probably overreacting, but I know there's hardcore people that won't use mouthwash because of the tiny amount of alcohol in it.
On a side note, I'm like a bloodhound now....I can smell beer and alcohol in general a mile away. F'instance, on this vaycay we're using spray on sunscreen, and when my wife first sprayed it on me, I smelled alcohol. I looked at the side of the aerosol can and sure enough, alcohol is an ingredient.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:50 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Thanks, OOTT.

I think I am putting this in the category of acceptance. When I read p 417 today, the part about "nothing happens by accident [in God's world], nothing at all"....when a person/place/thing/situation is causing discomfort, we must accept it in order to move forward. Therefore, accepting that this happened and taking it as a footnote to my sobriety - something like "you're doing great, kid, just keep your eyes in the right direction." I needed that reminder for some reason, according to God.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:07 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

We are great tourists. We brought a pizza to the resort guards last night. They were really happy.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I am one of the crazy ones that will not use mouthwash that is not alcohol free. I really don't think its that big of a deal, but the smell of it kills me. I can smell it a mile away.

Great tourist OOTT. You guys are awesome.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Oi oi everyone, quick check-in before bed. Thinking about getting out of the city for a day or two next week. I start college in 23 days and want to make the most of my freedom.

360 - I make sure my mouthwash is alcohol free as well, the smell is definitely too much.

Good to hear from you Sansa!

I've read all your posts but I'm way too tired to type out stuff individually. Just know that I do care. Night folks.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

The guards brought me water when I came back from my morning run yesterday. It was really nice of them, so I repaid them by getting a pizza for them.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Oi, OT. College is it? that's fantastic. Can you believe the progress you've made in six short months?