Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 20

Old 08-08-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

OT--I hope you feel better. Some days are just like that and you just want to go to sleep when you get home and that's OK!

360--CONGRATS! I will be there soon too. Today is day 161/23 weeks for me. It just gets easier for me, and I hope you guys too.

OOTT--You still out of town buddy?

August-Congrats on the new car. That's a huge stressor off your back.

Badger--Thanks so much for your text today. Really made me happy. Felt good to have somebody in my corner.

School day 1 went smoothly. I am SO lucky to work at a great school and it is SO healthy to work. Summer's are great, but at a point you need to get back to work. I had a great one, and felt very relaxed at work today and no sense of dread for the kids next week. They are great kids and we will have a great year.

Took a great nap when I got home and will be sleeping early tonight. I love my hours though: 8-3. You really can't beat that.

Have a great one everybody!!
Peace and be good to YOU!
Lee
Old 08-08-2016, 04:08 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats 360

D
Old 08-08-2016, 10:45 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Morning all! Another early start today but then I've got two days off. I got dis.

You're right Lee, I moan about work all the time but if I'm away from it for too long I'll be really unhappy.

I am looking forward to starting college though, I'll get to sit down there.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Morning OT- and all - up early here too. Day "off" but pretty busy. Off to drop Luke at the vet and go meet my sponsor to share step 4.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
A
Old 08-09-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey Badge...still in Mexico. We were walking around in Tropical Storm Javier yesterday, and went to a hurricane party at the Cabo Cantina. I drank iced tea and coffee until ten, then we took a van back through floodwaters. It was crazy. It was harder to stay sober yesterday, but I did and I'm sooo glad. There's nothing like staying sober.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

"How can you eat your pudding if you dont eat your meat?"
Old 08-09-2016, 01:01 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
"How can you eat your pudding if you dont eat your meat?"
No dark sarcasm in the classroom.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Checking in before bed. Day at work was boring, but I have two days off now! I'm going to spend tomorrow sleeping and studying. So happy right now.

Hope you had a good day August.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

"Is there anybody Outtttttttttt there?"

Don't EVEN start with the Pink Floyd quotes, y'all, lol.

Had a good day today for day 2. Hard for the first week because it's just meeting meeting meeting. I don't thrive in meetings, especially since they've essentially been the same for 20 years, lol. But as OOTT said, there's nothing like being sober. I have sat through those meetings EVERY year with hangovers. They are lame enough as it is. Just give me kids. Just let me teach!!

Nothing else going on. In a great mood. Was able to have a nap today after work and still went to exercise. I want to really maintain my workouts this year. I've come far this summer and I feel strong.

OOTT--when do you guys come back? Glad you are having a great time--you SO deserve it.

Hey OT--Enjoy your time off! School is coming...hahahahhahahaha!

Hey Badger and everyone else!

Hey Dee!
Peace everyone, and be good to you....."just a little pin *****...there'll be no more aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh ,but you may feel a little sick....."
Old 08-10-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. The site was down earlier so couldn't check in.

Had the best lie in ever and got a lot done today. It was great, I feel well rested and productive.

Meetings are the worst Lee, they're usually a complete waste of time.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I tried to check in last night and this morning but the site was down. Badger- I happened to get Doxycycline and feel clear headed, energetic, amazing. I think it is/was Lyme but is not confirmed. CT scan Friday. Lee glad to hear you are back to work and full circle. Ended a school year sober and starting one sober! Nice! OT you have to eat. K will try to post later - Got to go eat dinner with the fam. I have become confortably numb. 360 congrats! Lee how long till we are 6 months? Later peeps.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

SR system outage on my end delayed my check-in until now, but here I am at last. That makes it only twelve hours till the next check-in!
Old 08-10-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hey guys! Glad SR is back so I can say hi.

First patio shifts. There are THREE, yes, three, flights of stairs with landings. No elevator. No dumb-waiter (ha, except one of us). And during the day, the only bar open is downstairs so I have to go down to ring in and pick up people's cocktails. I felt fine while doing it (10-4 - including set up which is lugging everything upstairs- plates, pitchers, trashcans, sauces.....) but I hit a WALL about 5 when driving home! It has been a really busy (good, but so busy), what, ten days or so?? So I came straight home, no bank or errands, and ate a healthy dinner and took a nap. I've already taken my nightly sleep pill so I plan to be out here soon!!

Fiiiiinallllly getting a haircut tomorrow. Then highlights, hopefully next week after I keep making money through this weekend

Take care all-
A
Old 08-10-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!
Same site issues here too...glad it's back!

PHRD--16 days for you tomorrow, and 17 for me. Almost there!!!!!

Good day today. Just meetings meetings meetings.
Finally get to work in my room tomorrow and get it done. Kiddos on Monday, the REAL reason I do this. A meetings man I am NOT.

Sorry so short!
Catch up tomorrow!
Peace and be good to you,
Lee
Old 08-10-2016, 07:44 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Checking in. Have a good evening all.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:32 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Morning all! Not gonna be around tonight and tomorrow morning, I'm staying at a friend's house. We're watching Stranger Things.

Got some boring adult stuff to get done today. Might do a bit of clothes shopping as well. I'm reluctant to spend my money but I wanna look good for college.

Good to hear from you PHRD, Mel and Badger.

That sounds exhausting August. I'm the same, I'll climb around the stockroom (who needs a ladder right?) then walk miles home and then I crash.

Have a good day at work Lee.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:37 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi febs, just wanted to pop in to let you know that I've been sober for one month and one day I'll try to have a read back and catch up with you all
Old 08-11-2016, 03:42 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats SansaS
D
Old 08-11-2016, 04:10 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I'm feeling great. Upset about my relapse and wishing I was at the same stage as all the February gang, but just happy to be sober and to know that I've spent about 4 months of 2016 sober.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hey SansaS! Glad you're back to hang out with us. Great job on a month

I am excited about something- over the years I have volunteered for an awesome local charity called Open Hand. They prepare and provide meals and groceries to people who are terminally and critically ill. Lots of cancer and HIV/AIDS patients, many of whom are very poor and/or live alone. I've done packaging and one time got to compile the nutritional info of their meals (That was really cool!) but meal delivery is my favorite thing. You do a three-ish hour route and I have been just waiting to have a car to start doing it again! And the other really cool part is that I asked CLiff if he wanted to go with me and he flipped out he was so excited at the idea. As he said, "the last 18 years [of his marriage and life] weren't about service to others; that is such an important part of my life now." It feels awesome to be able to and WANT to be of service. Food has been a big part of my life in fun ways (resto/foodie fun stuff) and tough ones (my ED issues) and this charity is very close to my heart.

Overcast here- thankfully I am inside tonight so I don't have to worry about the patio!

Hope everyone has a good day-
A