Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 20

Old 08-06-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi Del!! So glad you posted. Will be thinking of you as you go through detox.

OT- you sure keep busy! So great, all that you are doing.

So, last night, change of my expected evening with Cliff. And an interesting little story that came to mind when I did my daily reading of BB p 417 - on Acceptance.

Cliff got here at 7 and he had a "curfew" of 1130 (per his kids, who acted out being the parents -ha!). His daughter started high school this week and had a back-to-school thingy last night. About 830, she called to ask if she could go to an "after party" at a friend's house where "both girls and boys would be" (I heard her explaining through the phone and it was so funny how I remembered telling my parents the same stuff, sooo wanting to go but also a little nervous both about their answer and the boy part!). He said yes, after a few questions, and told her she could stay til 10. Which cut our evening short since he'd have to leave about 930.

Neither of us were happy- we only get a night a week, maybe two! But- he is a good person and a good parent, and made the right choices. Accepted the situation, and what the deal was for this one night. Me, too. I was sorry he had to leave- really sorry!- and so was he - we joked "it sucks being good people" about making the right decisions (including that we are taking things slow physically). But we were both....OK with all of it. I wouldn't love him if he wasn't such a good person, and makes good choices. Putting the "want" aside for the "right" feels good.

I was struck by the calmness I felt - not upset or mad or jealous or anything negative at all. Happy about the time we had; and we made plans for Sun not Tu since we didn't have enough last night. Just feels so good to deal with even the little things in a more accepting way - no drama- than I would have when drinking. Even if the drama was just mental stewing after not getting exactly what I wanted from someone else or from a situation!!

Plus...I highly recommend just making out with someone and it not going far. Sure, we know what will happen eventually but being high schoolers again really is cool I did have to ask him last night if he realized that he met me when I was his daughter's age. The look on his face was priceless!! He joked that maybe she should not be going to this party after all...or maybe she should.

I hope everyone has a great day! Look forward to hearing about Cabo, and work plans, and dr reports, and everyone's news.

I get Mom's car today because Dad is getting his new one, so plans are moving along nicely till I get "mine." Happpeeee August!

Take care everyone-
A

Thought for the day:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/513199320017258877/
Old 08-06-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

August--Your posts have been SOOO amazing lately. You sound excellent!!

I also want to say how I LOVE reading your posts in the Newcomer's threads/posts....so enlightening and kind.
((((Hugs))))) Lee
Old 08-06-2016, 10:56 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Aw, thanks, Lee! Life is indeed really good. So grateful.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PHRD View Post
I'm back. Have a few minutes before work to check in. Had a few seconds of AV yesterday saying all my issues with alcohol were related to my probably having Lyme. Um no, AV, I have a great life now. Am getting so healthy and do not want to go back to being dependent on a toxin to be happy again. My answer is "Not on your life" or something like that. I am really concerned about how horrible I've felt, the pain, the brain fog, etc and just can't believe I made it through these last few months and kept running my business successfully. If I had been drinking, I'd likely be dead or have done something stupid in all the frustration of it all. Thank you for my group here staying active, being so supportive and thank you to myself for caring about me enough to make the big steps and resolve needed to get over AV. I've been in a brain fog from alcohol for a long time and now these past few months from Lyme. I can't stand to wait to see what amazing things are going to be happening in my future now! K off to work!
We're always here for you, PHRD.
What you say about brain fog really hit home with me. That's exactly what I had . . it was insidious and I didn't know what was happening, but my mental functioning was definitely impaired. It was the same thing with the perma-hangover. I just got used to feeling like **** so much that I just thought it was normal.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:53 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leezer View Post
August--Your posts have been SOOO amazing lately. You sound excellent!!

I also want to say how I LOVE reading your posts in the Newcomer's threads/posts....so enlightening and kind.
((((Hugs))))) Lee
What Lee said, 2x.
Personal message for Lee: I have a collect call for Mrs. Floyd from Mister Floyd
Will you accept the charges from United States?

Oh, he hung up, that's your residence, right? I wonder why he hung up?
Old 08-06-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mel12 View Post
OOTT - Milestones! Wonderful.
Thanks Mel.
I'm running again, but it's brutal hot here.
Old 08-06-2016, 02:40 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Del you got this! I have a feeling you just needed one more fall to get the strength needed to make it past the persistent AV! Can't wait to see you back posting after!!! OT and August - the skies the limit you two! It is for the rest of us too but you guys have a lot of time to fine tune what you want and go for it so you're just about guaranteed to get everything you want in life within reason! K gotta run.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

The wall!

I am back. AV was stronger than I anticipated. I am envious at times of those who have a normal relationship with alcohol. I ate everything I wanted which was fun. Hilton Head Island is quite nice. Anyone watching the Olympics? I love it.
Old 08-07-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hey Badger,
Glad you had a good time. It is hard to be around alcohol sometimes, but you managed and still have your sober time intact. Also, eating whatever you want can be awesome. If I eat I don't want to drink. I was never able to do both at the same time. The second I eat I lose my taste for alcohol. I always knew that, I should have just implemented that a long time ago. I was the type of drinker who would drink all I wanted THEN eat.

Things are good here. School starts tomorrow, and though summer hanging out can be fun, I'm ready. I've gotten plenty of rest and I'm ready to be productive again. Florida is so RIDICULOUSLY hot that it's not even that fun to be outside, so I have a tad of the cabin fever. School will be great this year, not only because I quit drinking, but I think I mentioned I have the same group of kids I had two years ago as younger students. They were AMAZING young people. Super smart, super caring, just a joy to be around.

Even though I have stayed routinized this summer, a "real" routine will be nice too. Plus I still get out early in the afternoon. I am going to have to make a real effort to workout the MOMENT I get home from work or I won't go. I was going to try to go in the mornings, but with my weird sleep patterns (although they are much improved), I need to sleep when I can. If I find I can't do it (work out after school) then I will indeed go back to before school hours. I've come too far and feel too good working out to give it up.

Other than that, things are good. Had a few moments of thinking too much about the past this past weekend, but not overly depressive or anything. I need to truly understand that what is done is done. I posted a thread on it and Dee posted about pottery that is repaired with gold and is more beautiful than before. I think that is what is happening with me. In my present moment I am making greater strides than I have in YEARS. Just hard to truly leave the past where it is, and I certainly get that you can't change it.

Have a great Sunday everyone. Back to work for me tomorrow, though we still don't get students for a week, so it's quite easy. I'll just be setting up my room, a few standard meetings, and generally just getting used to being back at school.

Be good to YOU!
Lee
Old 08-07-2016, 06:22 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hey Badger- good fighting! I miss the beach- we have a place at Wild Dunes, outside of Charleston and I spent the weekend I hit 90 days there; probably won't get back til Thanksgiving or Christmas. Glad you enjoyed!

Last night at work...I have learned that Sat night is when the goblins come out to play. It was a night of 10% tippers. Please, y'all, do not be these people. It is just not acceptable and it says one of two things a) you're a jerk and completely inconsiderate of your server's livelihood and what acceptable tipping is and/or b) you had a crappy experience and rather than deal appropriately and talk to a manager you take whatever it is out on your server. Or, see: you're a jerk. But I kept to my calm/present/capable plan and didn't slug anyone (ha!). So, less money than I should have had (if my sales are 1100+ and I walk with 140 that is NOT a good night nor indicative of my usual performance....). Looking forward to a good lunch today.

Another note....I am really enjoying my increasing ability to take things in better stride. Yesterday in our usual banter, Cliff says he might not be able to do dinner tonight; he'd know later in the night. My response? OK. We'll figure it out. I can wait til Tu if I have to And, I didn't fret over what was gonna happen. It was going to be ok if I saw him tonight or had to wait. Of course, I was happy that it turns out to be tonight.

Trying to do better about food. Need to replace the try with do, of course.

I have gone to a meeting each of the last 7 days which I don't always do. Keeping to a plan around my new schedule will be much easier with a car!

Happy Sun all- for those not working, hope you enjoy a pleasant day off.

Laters-
A
Old 08-07-2016, 02:40 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Badger

D
Old 08-07-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hello! Couldn't check in before because I stayed at a friend's house last minute. I'm really tired. I was working in the stockroom today and it involves a lot of climbing.

Hope everyone is well. I'll catch up with y'all when I'm not so tired.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

It's a sleepy Sunday to be sure. Had an AWESOME nap!!
Old 08-07-2016, 10:47 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Morning all! I think I have another day away from the till today so I'm happy. Looking forward to my days off, everything hurts.

Hope everyone has/is having a good day.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Del - good to hear from you! Please let us know how things go.

OT - "Everything hurts" I know too well. Even with no alcohol! It doesn't seem fair. I will try extra stretching today.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

OT- my day off is tomorrow Will work 11-9 or so today so I am looking forward to it. And- I get the car tomorrow!!!

OOTT- HEAT! Georgia- gah. It is actually a little cooler today, overcast- supposed to be so this week though cooler likely means rain. Our patio is covered but I still have to hike three flights of stairs to run food to tables, so it's still sticky....come on Sep...Oct...

It is so nice being energized ahead of a long day at work!

Have a great day all-
A
Old 08-08-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hello all.

Glad to see ya Badger.

How are you feeling PHRD?

Today is 6 MONTHS!!! Half a year!!!!! My middles sons birthday is Wednesday, 6 months is a good gift for him. He told me on Friday, I am glad you won't ever buy beer again (someone else asked me to pick some up.... I said.... ummmm...... NO).

Its a good day.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:19 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

360 - Excellent! Good work.

Del - Let us know how things go. Glad to see you back.

Lee - First day back brother. Teach those children for us please!

Hello Mel. How is Mom?

PHRD - You recovered yet?

OOTT - Where are you? Still in Mexico having fun?
Old 08-08-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I am back in the airport doing my thing today. Peeps are working and we appear to be hitting on all 8 today. I need to get back on my cave man diet after eating everything they have to offer in South Carolina.

As Lee says - Peace.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:43 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Quick check-in before bed. I've been really irritable and tired lately. I don't think I'm eating enough. I'm going to eat breakfast tomorrow, and have a substantial lunch. I need energy to study when I get home from work.
That being said, I'm actually off to see Finding Dory after work tomorrow. Oops.

You're right Mel, it's not fair! I felt a lot worse while drinking though so shouldn't really complain.

Enjoy your day off August!

Congrats on 6 months 360.

Hope you're having a good day Badger.