Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 20

Old 08-04-2016, 10:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey guys!!!

Happy Birthday August.

Enjoy your friend time OT!

Cabo sounds awesome, OOTT, so cool to see you type... wife!

Hi Lee!! I can't believe you are saying school is starting, I swear last week you said it was beginning of summer!! :0)

I am 4 days shy of 6 months... so how ever many days that is. I thought I was gonna have some massive PAWS or something the last week or two, but am pleasantly surprised that I am not.

Have a happy sober Thursday all!
Old 08-04-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yay, 360! Right behind you!

So I had set my alarm for 2p (started right at 1) and snoozed it 2x to get through my resentments list. My hand kills! That little bump you get from writing so much long hand- makes me think of college exams! Interesting what came up as I went back over my life, to childhood. 3 more sets to go til I am through step 4, then discussing with my sponsor. Focus- do not dwell on the past, nor shut the door on it (paraphrasing BB).

Need a little play before I go to work tonight!!
Old 08-04-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Originally Posted by 360startstoday View Post
I am 4 days shy of 6 months... so how ever many days that is.
Excellent news! Thanks for posting.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Something came up and I couldn't stay round my friend's tonight. I have to wake up early for work tomorrow now, oh nooo!

You sound like you're doing great Lee!

Glad things went well with the sponsor situation August.

Not long until 6 months now 360!
Old 08-04-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

This is six months for me.
Day 5 of being married.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on both achievements OOTT

D
Old 08-04-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360startstoday View Post
Hey guys!!!

Happy Birthday August.

Enjoy your friend time OT!

Cabo sounds awesome, OOTT, so cool to see you type... wife!

Hi Lee!! I can't believe you are saying school is starting, I swear last week you said it was beginning of summer!! :0)

I am 4 days shy of 6 months... so how ever many days that is. I thought I was gonna have some massive PAWS or something the last week or two, but am pleasantly surprised that I am not.

Have a happy sober Thursday all!
I know, it seems like Lee's summer vacation just started and now it's already back to school time for him. Lee is doing sooo awesome. His posts get better and better.
I know, 360, it felt weird to type "my wife," but it really is happening. We're both super excited about our new lives. And me getting sober and remaining sober is such a forking cherry on the top.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Congrats on closing in on six months, 360.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

6 months for several of you. That is so amazing! Thanks for checking in 360! Yes, Badger has checked in OOTT. No results yet OT. But as long as I keep feeling this great I don't need results. K have to run!
Old 08-05-2016, 03:50 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm back. Have a few minutes before work to check in. Had a few seconds of AV yesterday saying all my issues with alcohol were related to my probably having Lyme. Um no, AV, I have a great life now. Am getting so healthy and do not want to go back to being dependent on a toxin to be happy again. My answer is "Not on your life" or something like that. I am really concerned about how horrible I've felt, the pain, the brain fog, etc and just can't believe I made it through these last few months and kept running my business successfully. If I had been drinking, I'd likely be dead or have done something stupid in all the frustration of it all. Thank you for my group here staying active, being so supportive and thank you to myself for caring about me enough to make the big steps and resolve needed to get over AV. I've been in a brain fog from alcohol for a long time and now these past few months from Lyme. I can't stand to wait to see what amazing things are going to be happening in my future now! K off to work!
Old 08-05-2016, 06:41 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
This is six months for me. Day 5 of being married.
OOTT - Milestones! Wonderful.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

PHRD- I imagine it must be so scary to have something physical make you think of how it was back "then." I haven't gotten sick yet but can just imagine the mental and emotional shivers about feeling so poorly and comparing. Hang in there!!

Little tired today. Got home after 1am. It was one of those restaurant nights where I felt like I was scraping for every tip. Just felt long. No big issues or rude people, but no real pep from my audience, either! I did have to laugh at the end as I was waiting for these guys to finish nursing their beers (AFTER close! Don't be these people, anyone!)- no ones sits past midnight nursing salads!!! Ha.

Not a busy day planned, on purpose. My lunch group then groc and putting money in the bank (it feels soooo good to put cash in the bank every few days! and to have put my entire paycheck from CFA this week straight to rent for Sept! Halfway there already!), and doing my next 4th step worksheet. THEN fun- whatever Cliff and I are doing tonight. Seeing him only once a week makes us both so excited for when we do have time together.

Happy Fri all-
A
Old 08-05-2016, 01:13 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Congrats 360 and OOTT! Very proud of you guys!

Yep. heading back to school on Monday but it will still be a week before students arrived. Thanks to this summer of sobriety and Fort February, I am ready. I've not slept my summer away in a haze. Several of my friends have, and they are having an awful time now that school is upon us. I feel sorry for them, but nothing changes if nothing changes....it really doesn't.

We are a great group here and you guys mean a lot!!!!
Lee
Old 08-05-2016, 02:48 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

'ello everyone! Couldn't check in this morning because I overslept by AN HOUR and had to race out the door to get to work. I felt well rested anyhow.

In one month's time exactly I'll be starting college. I can't believe it!

Things will get sorted soon PHRD, then you can start your new life.

Congrats on the milestones OOTT.

Hope your day went well August.

A sober summer definitely sounds preferable Lee, a sober LIFE even!
Old 08-05-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Y'all. Shut. The. Front. Door.

I got a car for my birthday! I can't even tell you how big this is. My parents took my car away THREE years ago (my dad was on the lease), after I drove home the night they had to take me to the hospital, and I had a .42 BAC (yeah, you read that right). They have been trying SO hard to find me one - it is not a great time financially for them to be doing it- and we've gone over about every angle on what to do, etc. My Dad finally found one - a 2014 with 7K miles, so a much newer model of the 2004 Lexus he is giving me- and I will have full possession in a couple days once a couple little things are fixed so it's in the best shape for me to have it. This is huge in my life. God is good. Promises, promises, coming true all over my life.

Oh, yeah, and I did my entire 4th step. It was - ok. I think I had done so much of it mentally, and been honestly looking at things, that putting each section on paper didn't hold that many surprises - the only category that kinda surprised me was resentments and some of the (random) things that came to mind and heart.

So, reminding myself that I have no control over these good things, just doing my part to live a great life of recovery. And stick stuff like this on a mental post it for pulling out at the future yucks and this sucks times!

Must find something to wear for date night.

Oh yeah- did anyone else see the 3 year thread (I think the poster was Lusher?)? It was a cool one of a part of one person's story. I love seeing things like that!! Obviously it is good to share our ESH with even shorter-in-recov- people than us, but also to have people send it down to us as the shorter-folks

Laters!
A
Old 08-05-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

August that is great! I'm in the same situation with one of my grown kids. He was doing drugs and really not being responsible so we had taken everything away. Just now we are proud of how well he is doing and helping him out financially a little. I try to get the message of how proud I am whenever I interect with hom because we don't interact except once every couple months. Lee on of my favorite sayings is like that. I think it was Einstein. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing every day and expecting different results. Speaking of which, no lyme results still. I think maybe I should try to visit and maybe help newbies. I don't have much free time though.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:01 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hey guys I just wanted to pop in and say hi and I miss you all. I'm heading back to detox tomorrow and will be checking back in with you guys when I get out.
Congrats you guys and so much love. I should have been hitting my 6 month mark this month first time out of detox. I have much higher hopes now.
Take care xoxo
Old 08-05-2016, 10:31 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes Del

D
Old 08-05-2016, 10:41 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Morning all! My alarm successfully woke me up so maybe today's already off to a better start. Should be starting my supervisor training today (at least I hope, I want as much practice as possible).

That's great news August, sobriety really does have it's upsides. In fact, it's pretty much all upsides. All that hard work is paying off, you're doing great.
I found the most helpful part of step 4 was getting things down on paper and seeing them written down.

Keep chasing those results PHRD, we need to get you started on treatment so you can feel better.

Really good to hear from you Delizadee - the important thing is that you're coming back.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hey everyone and happy Saturday. Monday is 23 weeks for me, so today is 159 days. How amazing!!

Hope everyone is doing well. I am really doing great. Normally, as I said in my earlier post, I would be DREADING going back to school even though I love my job, because my summer would have been a blur and I would not feel prepared.

This year is really different. I have had a great summer off, and have made great strides in my recovery this summer. I feel as ready (lol) as I am going to be, and I look forward to my students this year because I had all of them two years ago in sixth grade and they were one of the top 3 best groups I've ever had in my career of now 20 years.

Just wrapping up a few things this weekend, working out, and watching some of the Olympics.

As I have also mentioned, this next full week will just be teachers-only, so the students have another full week off. I took a friend very early this morning to the airport and the lot was FULL, so a lot of families must be off on their last vacations of the summer.

Have an awesome day, folks, and always remember to be good to YOU.
Text me when you get back OOTT and Badger, and all the best to Fort February and our honorary member, Dee.
Lee