Notices

Class of August 2016 Support Thread Part 1

Old 08-02-2016, 08:53 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

hi all! i'm going to jump in here. will read & catch up tomorrow. i'm at the end of day 6 w/o alcohol for me.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:59 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi, here i go again. I hope you all don't mind me joining the group. I seem to have been in every group for the last couple months but i just cant stick to not drinking. This time i am doing better. I am at day 7 which is one heck of an accomplishment for me. But... i also have been down with the flu for the last couple days so i do think that has something to do with not picking up a drink. I feel awful but i am not sure if its from the flu at this point or withdrawls or what? I just feel so uneasy. Not sure where to go from here. I have not had any thoughts of drinking yet but i know how this goes. I am planning on posting a lot this time. I never post much and i dont think that helps. So maybe if i post more and become more involved it may help with my sobriety. I need to get caught up on the other posts here. Thanks everyone for your support.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:04 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Linz805 View Post
I would like to join the August class as I did not join the July class. I'd like to start fresh. I am going on 29 days! Longest I have ever gone! Will def need the support
Almost a month! Go you! We are here for you.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:07 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome try2again and letsdance

D
Old 08-02-2016, 11:39 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Well, after having an easy day 5, I'm having a hell of a day 6.

Just found out my chopper has been stolen from the car port of my house in Thailand. I called a friend to ask if he would go to my place to check that what I had been told was true, and it turns out its not just my chopper. The entire house has been emptied.

I was out at lunch when I heard this, I came very very very close to saying **** it and getting drunk. Can't believe my beautiful bike is gone
Attached Images
Old 08-03-2016, 12:19 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Well, I'm 56 hours in now and feeling pretty good. Day 2 yesterday was great. I had a sober lunch with my Dad, spent the afternoon in the coffee shop (not the pub) and had a long sober phone call with my brother in the evening.

I did get a bit anxious yesterday reading about DTs and how they can come on suddenly on Day 3 to 5. I'm hoping this won't happen to me.

Anyway, I'm dosed up with B vitamins and looking forward to Day 3. Onwards...
Old 08-03-2016, 01:12 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry Mac. That a dreadful thing to have happen and very bad timing.

Please stick with us tho. There's nothing so bad a drink can;t make it worse

Forwards I'm not a Dr but I think the odds are generally in most people's favour for being ok after 72 hours.

Naturally if you do feel concerned or unwell a Dr is always a great idea - but I hope you'll be fine.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:26 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Good morning lovely people! I am struggling with obsessive thinking today but I am starting to get it under control. I hope you all have a great sober day!
Old 08-03-2016, 05:50 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Recognising my AV

Hello all
Sorry to hear about your theft Mac
Well done Forwards - stick close - often the things you worry about never actually happen in the end - just wasted emotion.
What sort of obsessive thoughts Earthsteps? Can we help at all?
I've just got in from an invigorating coastal walk - really blew out the cobwebs and gave me time to clear some headspace.......hope it doesn't fill up with rubbish too quickly eh?
Hope you all have a good day - we can do this! Safety in numbers
Old 08-03-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi Hendrix, you may be able to. I just made a post about it if you want to read it. It is on the Newcomers page.

Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Hello all
Sorry to hear about your theft Mac
Well done Forwards - stick close - often the things you worry about never actually happen in the end - just wasted emotion.
What sort of obsessive thoughts Earthsteps? Can we help at all?
I've just got in from an invigorating coastal walk - really blew out the cobwebs and gave me time to clear some headspace.......hope it doesn't fill up with rubbish too quickly eh?
Hope you all have a good day - we can do this! Safety in numbers
Old 08-03-2016, 06:02 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Made it till day 3, Wooooo hooo.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

day 7...I've been doing good so far - i'm feeling blue today for some reason.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:45 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by try2again View Post
day 7...I've been doing good so far - i'm feeling blue today for some reason.
Congratulations on day 7 your doing great!!! As for feeling blue...it's the withdraw process.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:45 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
fgo

It's been along time coming again.... I'm in., middle of day 2.
Some words of wisdom I have read over & over on this site I think have finally stuck in my thick skull.
.. There's no situation that drinking won't make worse.
.. It's the first drink. You take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you. Such simple concepts. Time for action.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:49 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Michelle644 View Post
Congratulations on day 7 your doing great!!! As for feeling blue...it's the withdraw process.
Glad you pointed that out, as i feel awful today too. Im on day 8 so guess it is just the withdrawl. Just down in the dumps. I hope it passes.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Day 8 and it is awful. I am just so pissed off today. My son is 7 and has asd (high functioning) and adhd. He is driving me nuts. I hate saying it but i am just so worn out from him. Toys all over the place, messes, just being a kid i guess but without alcohol to cope i think i am loosing my cool. I feel like the worlds worst mom right now. I can't seem to do anything right. How do i do life without drinking away all this pain and annoying crap?
Old 08-03-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Sorry about your chopper Mac. I'm on day 4. Took a morning walk and staying calm and peaceful today.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:13 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Mac, so sorry to hear about your theft. But try to remember getting drunk won't help. You'll feel worse tomorrow, and spend money you could have saved up for your next bike/other replaceable items. Hope you can get it taken care of in some other way asap.

As for me, day 3. I feel good today. No thoughts of drinking. Going to spend my night revamping my work portfolio--a goal I set out to do months ago, but never did (probably because I decided to drink). Staying close here though.
Hope everyone is having a good or has a better day.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Feeling a little quiet and I know normally it doesn't end well when I stop posting. So here I am posting. I wish I had gotten a little nap I'm this afternoon. I hope date night brightens me up a bit.

Mac, I'm so sorry about your bike and other belongings. I'm glad you came and posted about it and the urge to drink. StayI guess close to SR when those feelings are strong is a very good idea.

Letsdance hang in there. Drinking will only make things worse. It sounds link AV telling you that you cope better with alcohol. AV is a great big liar.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I am housecleaning, which I would rather have a colonoscopy done by Wolverine than actually do it, and I am reminded.of housecleaning during my drinking days. Hiding alcohol in the laundry room to gulp down while waiting for the rinse cycle. Hiding alcohol under the sink to swig while cleaning the toilet. Hiding alcohol in plain view in the kitchen because by the time I got in there I was already smashed. I did a lot of hiding. Funny thing, my husband always knew. Guess I am not asure sneaky as I thought I was.