Notices

Angie 247's thread - This new sober life Part 4

Old 01-26-2017, 09:15 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, venuscat.

I'll be 80 days sober in just a few hours. So happy. .
Old 01-26-2017, 09:32 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 80 days Angie

D
Old 01-26-2017, 10:20 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Angie, congrats on 80 days!!
Old 01-26-2017, 10:42 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

on 80 days dearest Angie!
Old 01-27-2017, 09:07 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone!!

Having some issues with loneliness but I'm not wanting to drink through it. I am a little frustrated with myself and I need to make some changes. My counselor in recent sessions has brought up if I ever want to get into another relationship. He has brought it up in the last 3 or 4. I actually told him that I didn't think I should get in a relationship for the first year of sobriety and that I just wanted to work on myself. He brought up last session and asked what would a real relationship to me consist of, and I think if he brings it up again soon that I'm going to request that we talk about something else. It's not something that I want right now, and I'm not blaming him for how I'm feeling tonight but I don't want to talk about this with him more for right now. We've talked about it enough for a bit.

Anyway, I think I'm going to have some left over chicken salad and watch some TV.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:19 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Chicken salad and TV sounds good to me.
I am going to have chicken and avocado on this awesome bread I bought yesterday, and watch a few TV shows myself.

I am glad you feel comfortable setting some boundaries with your counsellor.
I'm sure he only has your best interests at heart, but you need to be able to talk about things when you are ready. And I think focusing on yourself and your recovery is just so healthy and wise love.

We change and grow exponentially as we build our sober muscles.
You will know when you are ready to bring something new into your life.

Maybe when it's a little warmer, you might want to join a walking group, or something like that. It might be a way to dissipate the feelings of loneliness without a huge personal commitment.

Many hugs, and loads of love. ♥
Old 01-28-2017, 03:20 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Thank you, venuscat. If he brings it up in the next few sessions, I will just tell him that I'd rather talk about plans that I have to work on myself. A walking group sounds wonderful. I actually have a free membership to the gym through my work and I need to start using it again. I have been rather lazy today, watching tv and enjoying a long bubble bath. I'm going to make a Watergate salad tonight. Here is the recipe if anyone is interested. It's so simple and yummy!

Ingredients
1 package (3.4 ounces) jello Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding
1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1-3/4 cups thawed cool whip

Directions
In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, pineapple, marshmallows and pecans until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Yield: 10 servings.

My mom makes it without the pecans but I love it with them. I made it for work at the Thanksgiving potluck and it was a big hit.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:22 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

That sounds yummy! I hope you and Alex had a nice weekend.

I have to say, you sound very relaxed and positive. I'm happy for you.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:13 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, Glee!!

12 weeks today!!!

Well, today was something. The coworker who initially said something about my work said something about the work of the person who ended up telling me what she said about me. She was very loud (as usual) and said what the other person messed up on. However, the person who made the mistake had left for the day and my coworker next to me said "I'm going to email her and tell her what the other person said." Oh boy. I wanted to email the supervisor and tell her to please talk to loud mouth (didn't call her that, lol) and how she doesn't have to say it out loud when someone makes a mistake. I ended up starting to write it then deleting the email before sending it because I was afraid of more mess or my name being mentioned. She told us all to just email her today because she was busy with various projects. I'm not sure what I should do.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:22 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

on 12 weeks dearest Angie!
Old 01-30-2017, 11:24 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Angie ~ I'm thinking that your first instinct might just be the right move here.
Sometimes it comes back on us when we 'get involved' at work, even when it feels like the right thing to do.

Just my thoughts love.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:30 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not sure what I would do in that situation Angie - but I'd probably end up thinking someone else's personality flaws are not my business, and it's not part of my job to fix stuff that's not my mess?

D
Old 02-02-2017, 04:59 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

I am guessing your supervisor knows this employee behaves abrasively....

Something that helps me when dealing with difficult coworkers is to document it in my own journal. It gets it off my mind and gives me a chance to calm down. Sometimes something that bothered me in the momen doesn't seem all that bad when I look at it later with a clearer head.

I can also pray on it - I can pray for that person and pray for myself to find peace with them.

I can't change them but I can change me.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:23 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

A very good idea glee.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Hi angie - What do you have planned this weekend?
Old 02-03-2017, 08:11 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

I was planning on going in on work early Sunday but all the bosses are having their super bowl parties so it won't be open at all on the weekend. I went to the dollar tree today and bought marigold seed. I want to start planting, and marigolds seem pretty easy. Alex loves flowers, so we can do this together on Sunday.

Tomorrow, I'm going to go to the salvation army and see what I can find there and I'm going to mail a little goodie box to my parents. I sent my mom a package on Saturday a couple weeks ago and it arrived there on Monday. All the way from California to Georgia. Pretty neat. I do need to straighten up a bit but it won't take that long and I'll have the rest of Saturday to be lazy. Redbox texted me a code for 1.25 off a movie so I decided on Bridget Jones Baby. I hope it's good. Right now, I'm snacking on chips with hummus while drinking lemon water. Also, I'll have 90 days in on Sunday. Thank you all so much for being here and supporting me. <3
Old 02-03-2017, 08:19 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a great weekend Angie
Old 02-03-2017, 08:41 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Gosh Angie, 90 days on Sunday love....that is so wonderful.
I am so happy to be able to share all of this with you....

(Headache here, can't get my words out right....I realise it is you sharing with us, but happy nonetheless. ).
Old 02-05-2017, 09:09 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

I'm on day 90. In some ways, it seems longer and some ways doesn't feel like it should be 90 yet. My life is so much better in all areas and I am committed to continue on this path, a life without alcohol.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Angie247 View Post
I'm on day 90. In some ways, it seems longer and some ways doesn't feel like it should be 90 yet. My life is so much better in all areas and I am committed to continue on this path, a life without alcohol.

Beautiful, sweet Angie. on, girl!