SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2011 Part 25 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/394840-class-march-2011-part-25-a.html)

aussieblue 09-14-2016 07:44 PM

Spring has only just started and so have the storms. Southern Australia have been taking a battering. It's gloomy and rainy here and blowing a gale. It makes me feel really on edge . How I hate it when winter is over. Get yourselves ready for some complaining from me.

Dee74 09-14-2016 07:45 PM

Congrats to your son Mirage :)

Hope the weather improves Aussie - it's not too bad here...might reach you tomorrow :)

D

aussieblue 09-14-2016 07:49 PM

Hi Dee
I think that weather system is heading more North now, the trough is suppose to cross the coast today here . Batten down.

PeanutButterCup 09-16-2016 06:34 AM

https://vimeo.com/176370337?ref=fb-share&1

Today I celebrate my 3 year sobriety BIRTHDAY. It's not an anniversary, it's a BIRTHDAY. Sobriety has given me new life, and I thank you all for being such beautiful, vibrant, breathing, flowing, generous elements of that life. Today, through the grace of my God, the revolutionary steps of AA, and you, I get to participate in the dance of a life well-lived. I get to do it with joy and freedom. I get to feel all the feels, to capture all the moments, to find clarity and purpose in the twilight as well as the dawn. Thank you. <3

To anyone who might be struggling today, get back up. This is worth it, and YOU are worth it.

Babs1234 09-16-2016 08:34 AM

PBC ! ! Hugs to you and CONGRATULATIONS.
You made my day ! It is soooo up lifting to read about someone that
has made it ODAAT !
Babs :wave:

mirage 09-16-2016 11:47 AM

Congrats on 3 years, PBC!!

:hb3 :nyz:cheer:cheer

mirage 09-16-2016 11:51 AM

You can complain all ya want, Aussie...just don't drink! ;) Good luck with the storms and weather. We love storms here, but that's probably cuz we don't get many and they're quick and not bad. We get all excited when it looks like one's coming. I know, we're weird.

DH and I are leaving the kids home for the night for the first time tomorrow. One of the boys will be at a sleepover, but we're leaving the other. He's ridiculously trustworthy, but I'll check in and worry about him anyway. :) Looking forward to the quick road trip up north.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!

aussieblue 09-16-2016 02:30 PM

Congratulations PBC 3 YEARS
:hb6

aussieblue 09-16-2016 02:34 PM

Your not weird Mirage , that would be me, my husband loves storms too. Have a safe road trip .

Hi Babs , Hi Dee. :wavey:

Call out to Lofty and Dave, how are you guys?

Babs1234 09-17-2016 07:48 AM

Hi guys ! just popped in to say hi ! Hope you have a great week-end !
Babs

Dee74 09-17-2016 03:43 PM

Belated congrats PBC - great achievement :)
No storms up this way Aussie - how are you doing?

hi babs and mirage :wave:

D

aussieblue 09-19-2016 03:00 PM

Doing good Dee , just pasted the one month mark. :c007:

Dee74 09-19-2016 03:18 PM

good for you Aussie! :c014:

D

PeanutButterCup 09-19-2016 05:09 PM

Thanks, everyone! And YAY, Aussie!

It was a crazy weekend here. My 20 year old daughter was visiting, with her 1 year old dog and 2 month old puppy, plus my granddaughter stayed with us. And I was having an "off" day on Saturday ... tired and moody and not feeling well. Ugh. It took all my energy to not go ballistic with the chaos and mess when I was feeling like that, but I managed to restrain myself. When I woke up Sunday I was back to my normal Pollyanna self.

aussieblue 09-19-2016 05:17 PM

Never had any kids of my own , so I understand what you mean about the mess and chaos , I like everything in it's place , my house is not child proofed and children come in and touch things and I am running around taking things off them all the time and parents don't seem to notice :headbange I am just not made for that stress , glad I never had any.

Glad your feeling better PBC.

mirage 09-22-2016 05:26 AM

Happy September Equinox! Or as we like to call it, the Autumnal Equinox. Is it Dee and Aussie's Spring Equinox?? I'm confused, but I would guess YES!

We are having a hot day today and the coooool front comes in, yay! I put up some fall decorations yesterday and am ready for sweatshirts!

Have a great day of equal daytime and nighttime, Marchers!
:Fall10::Pumpkinwave::Fall22::Fall14:

Babs1234 09-22-2016 06:26 AM

You have a great day too Mirage and all the Marchers.
I'm going to put some fall decorations out myself today.
it's great being sober !
Babs

PeanutButterCup 09-26-2016 06:01 PM

A couple weeks ago I led a meeting for my job that was specifically for those who are grieving. It was powerful stuff. One of the points that the attendees made was that, in time, for ALL of us, every single relationship we have on this earth will come to an end. Then we'll have memories. It made me really appreciate my sobriety even MORE. Imagine what it would feel like to have lost someone I loved deeply, knowing that I'd squandered our last days/weeks/months/years drunk, not even remembering those moments? Every day isn't fun or happy, but I'm PRESENT for it now. 100%. To be able to answer the phone when my 20 year old calls to ask if she should eat the chicken that she left out all night. To remember to water the neighbors' plants each day when they're on vacation. To be able to pick my daughter up from her friend's house, even after 9pm. To turn off the light and kiss my husband goodnight instead of being passed out long before he comes to bed.

Our culture makes it seem like those things aren't the big things, but they are. One of my daughters called the other day and was kind of whining about having to stay home with her puppy instead of "having a life" ... and I told her that we've all been confused. Staying home with the puppy IS the life. That's what's REAL. All that partying and whooping and chasing the high? That's not real. That won't last. That will never matter. The quiet moments spent in relationship, cultivating life, helping another to grow and be happy and valued and whole - THAT's life.

I hope you're all having a wonderful, meaningful Monday!

Babs1234 09-27-2016 09:16 AM

Wow ! PBC---thanks ===you said it all.
Babs

Babs1234 10-01-2016 10:53 AM

how's everyone ?
Babs