SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2011 Part 25 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/394840-class-march-2011-part-25-a.html)

aussieblue 10-26-2016 01:31 PM

Mirage I thought you had pink hair.:lmao

Talking about coffee , our little village is all grown up with a coffee shop opened this week , I can now go out for a sit down coffee with super rich cake or slices. I may never drink instant again.

Lofty how are you doing , drinking or sober please check in.

Have a great day my friends.

Babs1234 10-27-2016 08:11 AM

I love coffee too Aussie !
I'm excited we are getting a new kitchen table and chairs delivered today and getting rid of the old set. It's always fun to get something new.
Have a good day everyone !
Babs

mirage 10-27-2016 03:43 PM

A coffee shop is good news! A place to be social with no booze is always good news. :)

The hall monitor/locker room gig is fine/boring. Loooong days. The good news is, there is a framed picture of all of the presidents in the hallway and I've been studying them the last 2 days, so I know all the presidents in order. (44 of them). Challenging, but fun. I need to keep practicing so I don't forget them.

One more day of work, and then on Saturday, I'm helping serve lunch to the cast and crew of the musical. We make them a hot lunch and serve it buffet style, as they are at rehearsal from 10:00am-6:pm. I will miss a big football game on tv, but this is a lot of fun to see them all and I get to sneak in to watch them rehearse. :) Have a good one, all!

aussieblue 10-28-2016 02:32 PM

I love getting new things too Babs, I would love a new lounge room suit , our recliners are old and shabby but my husband loves his and won't give it up. I love strolling around furniture stores , well any store really.

Mirage have fun at the musical!!!

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Babs1234 10-29-2016 08:10 AM

Have a great week-end you guys !
Babs

LoftyIdeals 10-30-2016 05:43 AM

Thanks for the love, folks. Another day 1 today. I think I may try an AA meeting tonight. I also have to accept my failures. Kissing my scholarship goodbye, and it is only my own fault. Feeling pretty lonely and depressed right now. Sorry to say.

Babs1234 10-30-2016 08:36 AM

Ohhh (((Lofty))) I feel bad. But very happy to see you back.
Babs

Dee74 10-30-2016 03:30 PM

I'm sorry to hear that Lofty.

Without, I hope, rubbing salt into the wound, I agree its time to stop digging that hole, man.

I got to a point I found myself losing more and more things I held dear.
However hard it is to stay sober, it's going to get a lot harder to stay drunk, I think.

D

PeanutButterCup 10-30-2016 04:31 PM

I'm glad you're back, Lofty. Let us know how your meeting goes, okay?

I'm all about the coffee, Aussie! YUM!

My 16 year old had a Halloween party last night ... I'm so glad she's got a few friends now. She's struggled so much for so long. These seemed like really nice kids, too. Here's hoping it's the beginning of something good for her!

LoftyIdeals 10-30-2016 07:12 PM

The meeting was good. It was the only one I enjoyed in the past. Big Book meeting. Tonight was the 15th & 16th anniversary of the meeting, so the AA group was joined by the AlAnon group that meets at the same time. We read Chapter 9 "The Family Afterward" and it struck a cord for me. Only one person was there that I knew from before, and we sat next to each other.

Babs1234 10-31-2016 08:03 AM

I really enjoy my AA meetings. I don't always relate to what they are talking about but, when I do --it is well worth the time. I always feel so much stronger after I have attended . Have a great day everyone !
Babs

mirage 11-02-2016 05:37 AM

Happy November, Marchers! :Fall12:

WB Lofty, hope you're doing well!

Hope you all had a happy Halloween! My oldest went to a friend's house and they ended up trick or treating, haha. My youngest stayed home and helped us hand out candy. I think we had 10 kids. lol Our subdivision is sort of quiet and off the beaten track, so unless you live here, we really don't get much traffic. We buy candy like we live in the city, I guess I can't wrap my brain around the fact that we don't get 150 kids through here like we did at our old house and how it was where I grew up. So I've been eating this stupid candy, which is BAD. I need to knock it off.

Glad to hear your daughter had a fun party, PBC!

Under a week to go till election day here in the states! I can't wait for it to be over, it's exhausting. lol I love politics, but man..it's just kind of ugly here right now. Our candidates are so polarizing. Election night will be fun, tho! :herewego

Hi Dee, hope you're doing well! :ValD007:

Have a great day, all! :grouphug:

Dee74 11-02-2016 06:08 AM

off to bed mirage - have a good day all :)

D

Babs1234 11-02-2016 08:17 AM

hi guys ===just checking in to say hi !
Hugs
Babs

aussieblue 11-03-2016 01:40 PM

Hi all, it's a rough day coming up , today we scatter my dear friend Lee's ashes , this is where it will really hit home , there was no funeral , he was cremated , there will be no priest , just a gathering of friends to say goodbye . So very sad.

Dee74 11-03-2016 02:46 PM

I'm sorry aussie - we're with you in spirit to help you get through this the right way :)

D

PeanutButterCup 11-03-2016 02:53 PM

A gathering of friends to say goodbye sounds perfect and meaningful, Aussie. Cry it out, remember him, honor him. And then make the most of the days you have with your loved ones and the beautiful world around you.

I'm considering starting up an AA Bible Study here in town, using the model of one I go to about 30 minutes away every Thursday night. I don't know what's involved in that, so I plan to talk to some people tonight about it. We'll see. It might be my next venture.

How are you, Lofty?
And Dee?
Mirage?
Babs?
Dave? Are you lurking? Say hello if you are!
Who else are we missing? Rosie? Frances?

Dee74 11-03-2016 03:15 PM

All good here thanks PBC :)

D

mirage 11-03-2016 06:58 PM

I'm sorry Aussie, hang in there. :hug:

All is well in Mirageville. :)

aussieblue 11-04-2016 01:40 PM

The day went well , we went down to the river bank , Lee's brother said a few words then asked if any of us would like to help spread the ashes or throw some flowers into the river. It was a perfect sunny day and there were butterflies every where and we were in the prettiest part of town . We told stories of the past and I got to catch up with people I haven't seen in years. Afterwards most people went back to the pub but we went home. That is how I want my passing to be celebrated as well.

Love to all.