SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 7 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/394838-class-may-2016-support-thread-part-7-a.html)

CountryGal123 08-18-2016 09:58 AM

Fingers crossed for a good nights sleep! And I just know the universe has something terrific for you in its Palm :)

Camery03 08-18-2016 10:48 AM

Aw..... Thanks hun! Love that!!!! Yea, I think part of my issues this week are I cant seem to get passed what happened with my offer. I know I do, but to be honest, it just hurts and I am sad about it. But, I have to fight harder to stop letting it eat me up inside, it is starting to make my insides hurt..........
I decided today to just relax. Turned on my TV in the living room, got comfy on my couch and I am going to watch TV. And for once not Olympics or the news.

Camery03 08-18-2016 02:11 PM

Geez..... what a day! The CFO of the mortgage company called me to set up an in person interview with her tomorrow. I hope I can kick this nausea to the curb before tomorrow!

Dee74 08-18-2016 02:26 PM

I hope so too Camery :)

D

joandmelandhan 08-18-2016 11:51 PM

Wow Camery it's all happening hun! I wish you all the best and I'm sure you will bag a great job soon. Not easy to stay steady when so much important stuff is going on so be proud you are maintaining sobriety and working on your feelings too.
Girls away again so it's 7 meetings in 7 days for me. I'll be all over West Yorkshire to get to them all but I've made a commitment so I will do it and do it gladly.
Lovely to read all your lovely posts as always and happy Friday to you all. Jo xxx

Camery03 08-19-2016 06:10 AM

Morning all!
Slept! What a feeling.... woke up once at 1am and fell right back to my dream. (which wasn't a nightmare for once) Feeling refreshed and ready for some coffee to start my morning before I have to get ready to travel today. Hot as heck out there today, but I will have to make due!
Hope you are all doing well on this Friday!!! Where oh where do the weeks go? Seems like it was just Tuesday........... I will check in after the interview this afternoon!
--Camery

CountryGal123 08-19-2016 06:59 AM

Good luck Camery!!!! So glad u finally got some good sleep ☺️💕

CountryGal123 08-19-2016 07:00 AM

Way to have a plan, Jo, and always nice to "see" u here 💕🤗

joandmelandhan 08-19-2016 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 (Post 6098185)
Way to have a plan, Jo, and always nice to "see" u here 💕🤗

You too CG 🤗❤

Dee74 08-19-2016 02:47 PM

Have a good weekend guys :)

D

Camery03 08-19-2016 04:15 PM

Oh what a day! So, the meeting with CFO was awesome. Privately owned company, good bennies, BEAUTIFUL office, and all sorts of really cool perks. Like.... uhm dress code..... is jeans, shorts, capris, flip flops, etc. So, then the salary issue comes up and I am just gonna wait and see what they come back with. Good is outweighing the "corporate" jungle, so we'll see. At any rate, if I accept, I will have a job next week!
Time for a change, and perhaps this is where I am destined to be...........
Happy Friday all! I will check in later or tomorrow over coffee!
Love to you all--- Camery

joandmelandhan 08-20-2016 12:30 AM

Sounds amazing Camery! Got everything crossed for you xxx

Eagle108 08-20-2016 03:10 AM

Hey all, another sober weekend!!

Camery - Wow, lots to catch up on with regards to your job situation. Sounds like you may have landed the right opportunity. A couple of things come to mind...1) If at first we don't succeed, try try again and 2) We didn't always get what we think we want, but sometimes we find we get what we need. I'm rooting for you and glad you are handling everything through sobriety so well.

Jo - Great plan on getting to your AA meetings and glad you are gaining your confidence back. With your support system in place and your positive attitude you are setting yourself up for success...one day at a time.

CG - Good to see you posting...love your positivity :You_Rock_

Hope everyone else is doing well and has some fun plans for the rest of the weekend!!

Camery03 08-20-2016 04:55 AM

Happy Saturday everyone!
Man, nothing beats getting up early on a Saturday morning---- the sound of RAIN, SOBER, and feeling good! Can't say the same for the rest of my facebook friends, who from the sounds of it hit it pretty hard last night. ( oh well, they don't know what they are missing!!!)
Not much on the agenda here today--- rain most or all of today and cooler temps, which is just fine with me.
Hope you all have a wonderful day and weekend, whatever it is you have planned!
---Camery

joandmelandhan 08-20-2016 10:53 AM

Having a bit of a crave period this evening. It's a little upsetting as I was feeling nice and calm and positive up until today. Can't stand my other half drinking every night...actually that's not true but today I'm peeved. Very peeved at him. Not quite sure what to do with myself but playing that wretched tape to the end is keeping me safe. I've come a long way over the last couple of weeks and don't want to ruin that. So it's a pint of cranberry and sparkling water and reading in the short term and hit a meeting if it doesn't ease in the next half hour. Wish me luck guys....xxx

CaseyW 08-20-2016 11:03 AM

Sounds like you're doing the right things, Jo. Enjoy your meeting and remember you don't have to take that first drink no matter what rationalizations and lies your addiction is throwing your way.

dickensen 08-20-2016 11:04 AM

Jo,

Hang in there. Cravings pass. The longer you are dry, the less the cravings will be. There will be a time when your BF's drinking won't matter. Keep up your good work with AA and beat alcohol's hold. You can do it.

joandmelandhan 08-20-2016 11:07 AM

Thanks guys! It's blowing a gale and raining but I'm defo going to a meeting. I know I'll be proud of myself in the morning and am grateful for that xxx

Eagle108 08-20-2016 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan (Post 6100186)
Thanks guys! It's blowing a gale and raining but I'm defo going to a meeting. I know I'll be proud of myself in the morning and am grateful for that xxx

Great work Jo!! You can't take the 10th drink if you don't take the first :)

joandmelandhan 08-20-2016 01:59 PM

I'm back now and safely tucked up in bed reading. Lovely meeting and just what I needed. Thanks for allowing me a little tantrum lol. Goodnight all xxx