Class of June 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 09-27-2016, 03:20 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really pleased for you wastedlife

D
Old 09-28-2016, 01:14 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Massive congratulations WL. Yes not so long ago you were like 'I am unemployable, no-one wants me' - a name change is definitely in order but I kind of like it
Day 99 for me so I reckon that makes it 100 days for U75?!
Everything here is quiet on the house front, lots of nosey people but no one serious oh well what will be will be.................
Happy sober Wednesday everyone
Old 09-28-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Day 114 for ME!

Good morning Peeps!
Good job JG on 99 and U75 for 100 whohooo milestones man!!!

Day 114 for me and a change in seasons. Spent my Summer sober so we have one season down. YAY!!!

I've been dealing with my deadbeat renters lately and the damage they've done to my property. They should be moved out by 10/31st yay!!! I'm nervous but anxious and ready to get in that house and clean it up. The carpet is filthy, they busted out one of my mirrored sliding closet doors, both bathrooms need to have the walls knocked out and tiles redone on the master shower. This has just seriously turned into a nightmare for me. Lots of money I don't have will need to be put into that house. I'm pretty stressed out about it. This will pass though and it will be okay, I'm sure.
I'm realizing something lately now that I'm clear and sober. This is a random message but somethings have been said recently from my husband and some actions that made me realize he's controlling and possesses a couple of emotionally abusive traits. I'll spare you guys the details but sobriety, self change, etc have brought out some things in my life I wasn't aware of prior as I was obviously clouded by being drunk. Over the next few months I think I'm going to step back and truly watch, pay attention and make some seriously big changes in my life. I always thought I was pretty independent and I actually am but I think it's going to be on another level soon. I will be rebelling and doing what I WANT to do and not allow someone to tell me if I can vote for someone or go to a wedding alone, I'm 36 years old a mother of 2 and can provide for myself financially I don't need to be told how to live my life or what I'm allowed to do. Over the weekend and lastnight I had an eye opener. Its okay though, I'm 100% okay with seeing the clear now, I needed this for my future and my kids futures!

On a positive note, we played tennis lastnight and holy crap my arm is so dang sore today!!!

Happy SOBER Wednesday!
Old 09-28-2016, 07:05 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

100 DAYS. Boom.

SFM, it sounds like you've reached a real turning point. It's amazing what we're learn about ourselves and our lives now that we've had a few months sober.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
sober style

great job on 100, U75!
Old 09-28-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Awesome, U75! Welcome to the Century Club!

soberforme, you sound so focused and determined. You will not be deterred!
Old 09-29-2016, 03:45 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

YAY - still one day behind you U75.
Day 100 for me
It is amazing how we are seeing things differently now sober. I guess the problem with that is that we may wish to change things that will mean a massive change in our lives too but perhaps now we are strong enough to do it. Looking back and even now I see that my husband only wants the good times and doesn't want any bad stuff. So even though I am trying not to get stressed about the house, obviously I do worry that it will never sell and I will be stuck here forever, with all the noise. Whenever I mention it, he gets cross and goes silent ......... Meanwhile, I know he doesn't want to live here, as much as I don't, and now he has his little cottage in the country, he doesn't have to. Aaaargh!
Definitely Autumn here but at least a clear sky. I need to get back out again, I am spending far too much time in here waiting for people to view this hell hole Need to start some of that 10 mile walking again
Well done Junes, we are all amazing people.
WL - when do you start your job?
SFM - I think we have some changes coming in our lives, at least sober any decisions won't be clouded with alcohol
Old 09-29-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Hey Junes, looks like we're almost ready for Part 5! Seems appropriate to me--a lot of us seem to be turning the page on new chapters of our lives. Let's turn the page on the thread, too!

JG: CONGRATULATIONS. I jokingly said once here that I'm a big fan of celebrating arbitrary numbers as milestones. 100 days is worth celebrating. Next goal is the 1 year milestone. There's a lot of work to put in before then, but I know I'm already looking forward to next June.

Have a great day all!
Old 09-29-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

U75 - only 264 days of amazing clear days away - looking forward to those days
Old 09-29-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
sober style

Congrats on 100, JG62!
Old 09-29-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations U75 and JG - great milestone

D
Old 09-30-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Happy sober Friday, Junes! Let's show this weekend who's boss!

Day 102.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone has a good weekend

D
Old 10-01-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Day 117

Good morning June fam!!!

It's 6:45 right now and of course I'm up, this being sober junk doesn't allow me to sleep in. I do enjoy these early quiet mornings though. This weekend is going to suck for me but I'm trying to stay positive. We have a early morning futsal game, then I gotta go shopping with my husband to help him find some slacks for the wedding we're attending tonight. There goes my Saturday... tomorrow 1:30-4:30 we have a boat party to attend with my husbands company and there goes my Sunday! Not especially pleased about that. I'm struggling with him lately anyways and really the last thing I want to do is be stuck on a damn boat with a bunch of people I don't even know. Plus they'll all be drinking... even better!

I hope everyone has a better weekend then me!

Happy SOBER Saturday!
Old 10-01-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Morning Junes. Dreary morning in Wisconsin. My 7yo was up half the night struggling with asthma, and my wife finally took her to the ER this morning. Gonna be a long day. Getting fueled up with coffee and gotta work on painting the kitchen today.

Have a good weekend everyone. Day 103.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers/Best wishes for your 7yo U75.

D
Old 10-01-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Hello world! Doing fine here in Texas. Working late tonight to catch up some administrative stuff and there isn't a drop of hooch in the office with me. Don't particularly miss it either. A happy weekend to one and all!!
Old 10-02-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Day 118

U75 - I hope your baby is feeling better.

As for me again I'm up at 6am on a weekend morning! We missed the wedding yesterday because it was a no kids allowed wedding. My mother in law was supposed to watch my daughter but she got a call that one of her sisters was found unconscious in her car and was in a coma. She had to jump on a flight and get to San Antonio. Not a good thing it seems like. Anyhow, today is the boat day but I don't have a sitter for it now either so I think I'll be missing that as well! GOOD!!!

I did go running yesterday morning, swept, mopped and even shampooed the upstairs carpet! something about the weather is getting my butt in gear to clean like a mad woman on my days off. Honestly I think it's the animals in my house that are grossing me out. We have a 12 year old chocolate lab who is old and gross. He drinks and slings water all over my wood floors leaving spots everywhere. Then he steps in it and I have foot prints everywhere! Ughhhh anyone want a old lab?

Hope everyone has a good Sober Sunday!
Old 10-02-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread - join us here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-5-a.html

D