Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 07-22-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you stick around enfin - recobvery is not beyond you - I really believe that

welcome back to you too Bronzie - you can do this!

Sunflowerlife - my 40s have been good to me - I turn somewhat older than 40 on Tuesday so you're in good company, lol

D
Old 07-22-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

I would love to join your class of July 2016. I was originally class of June 2015. I wish I could say I am still sober, but I relapsed. Today I am starting fresh with new plans and tools. I am desperately ready to reclaim myself, my relationships and my health.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to have you join us Faker

D
Old 07-22-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone:

A couple long days due to some unexpected family events. All is okay, and I'm still here and still sober. Looking forward to catching up this weekend on this thread.

Have a terrific weekend!

Matilda
Old 07-22-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GAHaley View Post
I sooooo relate to this! I literally just yesterday wrote in my journal "Whoever came up with the idea of an open office and cubicles needs to be shot. This is torture for an introvert." LOL!
It grates on my nerves for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. One of the reasons I usually could not wait for my 5'oclock drinking to begin!

Starting to look at other job opportunities that are more conducive to my personality, but I make pretty decent and have terrific benefits so it's such a catch 22...
That would be so hard for me, too! I have my own office, but I still wear Bose noise-canceling headphones. I wear them, too, on planes. I poo-pooed them, but they really work. Might be one option.

Another friend of mine who works in a big, open office says that her colleague wears a Wisconsin baseball cap when she absolutely needs not to be bothered. Funny, but all of her colleagues respect it. Doesn't deal with the noise, but at least with the opportunities.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Happy belated birthday, Sunflower. And happy soon-to-be birthday, Dee. I have to say that my 40s have definitely been my favorite decade so far!
Old 07-22-2016, 08:44 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
TTB

Originally Posted by matilda123 View Post
Happy belated birthday, Sunflower. And happy soon-to-be birthday, Dee. I have to say that my 40s have definitely been my favorite decade so far!
Happy Birthday you two!! Enjoy!
Old 07-22-2016, 10:02 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Unlike my previous attempt at AA eight or nine years ago, I've jumped in the deep end. My last drink was 7/13 and I've been going to at least one meeting a day, sometimes two. I am now at nine days, I haven't been sober this long since September of 2009. I'm so fully engrossed in it that I really haven't had any bad cravings, though I've thought about it a few times, which kind of scares me because I know it's coming one of these days.

I've dropped 20 pounds over the last month (only two nights drinking since 7/3) and paired a low carb diet. Started working out, drinking tons of water and I'm feeling great...I have to keep reminding myself it's only been nine days, don't get ahead of yourself.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:14 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Jarred

D
Old 07-23-2016, 12:09 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Congrats on loosing weight JarredMud! I need to lose some weight too and it all in my stomach area. I know it's from drinking. If i could just stay on the wagon... which by the way, has been so hard. I am failing miserably guys! I had 4 days. Then drank and now i am headed to Vegas. I am not even going to make any promises about Vegas. I do know that i have a solid plan for when i get back. Doc has me upping my effexor for my depression and OCD and taking Naltrexone. Sorry i think i spelled that wrong. Had a good talk with my hubby as well and we both said we are so ready to start over. We are just so sick of being sick and tired.
Old 07-23-2016, 12:29 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Thanks dee, I hope recovery isn't beyond me too.... not sure why I even drank, was happy and sober and not craving, but I just couldn't goto the pub to get OH and see him pissed and I literally just banana skinned into stupidity.... and was it worth it.... no! What did the wine bring.... shame, sick feeling , very negative thoughts. . ... and the overwhelming sense of LOSER..... rubbish start to the holiday. And OH won't even get up till this afternoon and he will be wallowing in misery pretty bad too. But he doesn't want to quit. ... ho hum....
Old 07-23-2016, 01:45 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

July Roll Call Thread TTB - Day 12 (21-JUL-2016) - AV hitting hard. 12 days...that's about $240 saved! Lovehoops ..day 1 Pamel - July 13-16 Mia1972- 16-July - 3 Matilda--day 4
SansaS day 14 If you want to post roll call this way; 1. Just hit the "quote" button below on the right 2. Remove the "QUOTE=TTB;6039264" including the brackets at the beginning 3. Remove the "[/QUOTE]" all the way at the end of the text in the message box. 4. Add your Name, Days sober and today's date. 5. Add a comment if you want I am going to do this. Just helps me keep myself accountable.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:07 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Thanks everyone- I officially turn 40 on Tuesday

Sitting here crying again. I am stressed, I am tired and I am depressed. On top of all of that I have acquired my son's cold. My head is pounding and everything hurts- everything.

I just want to catch a break. I just want to feel better than this...
Hi Sunny,

I'm sorry you are not feeling well. I hope the cold passes quickly, and you start to feel better emotionally soon as well. I am so excited for you to enter your 40s sober!! I am 45, so I will have half of mine sober, wish I had stopped earlier to have all of them.

I hope you feel well enough to enjoy your birthday weekend. Sending lots of love your way.

❤️Delilah
Old 07-23-2016, 02:21 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's pretty clear your partners going to continue to drink enfin...what you need to do is work out what you need to do to not let that affect your own recovery.

It might be hard but it's not impossible...there's a ton of support to call upon here

D
Old 07-23-2016, 03:17 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Technically into my 3rd day as 48 hrs just passed. And want to join this class. I don't know what I'm going to do differently yet. . But clearly something has to be done. So tired of these days after a binder. It's weird that I can stop after 3-4 days. Maybe cuz I'm feeling like crap and feel guilty cuz my life is so fd up. Who knows. I think that's why I start.or at least continue to drink after a hangover. I'm glad I stopped but still feel depressed and gross. I pray this is my last time putting me or any family through this. Going to try to sleep now. Hopefully the melatonin works. Have a great sober Saturdary or a more comfortable one for us feeling uncomfortable.
Old 07-23-2016, 03:19 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome CNGY

D
Old 07-23-2016, 03:42 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think it's pretty clear your partners going to continue to drink enfin...what you need to do is work out what you need to do to not let that affect your own recovery.

It might be hard but it's not impossible...there's a ton of support to call upon here

D
My husband was drinking last night and was being annoying. I asked him to turn the light out and he said your more annoying sober than drunk. I just ignored it and he passed out. Had I been drunk myself we would have ended up having a major argument and I'd be in the dog house today and not really remember what I said. As it happens he's woken up it's clear he can't remember and things are fine as I know it's just the drink talking. Plus I have no hangover on a Saturday morning.

Hope your ok today Enfin x
Old 07-23-2016, 04:40 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hi guys.

Coming back on day 1 again...sorry but I drank Monday thru Friday...just because I could. I'm home alone most of the time with not much to do..
Had a rough week with my son nd his job situation and a friend. No excuse but I am back.
I am determined to stay in July class. I have to keep myself busy during the week. I know that but I chose to isolate.
Thanks,

Hoops
Old 07-23-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Started night weaning the little guy last night (he is 23 months and still nurses through the night.) he put up quite a fight- kicking and smacking me, did not want to be comforted or touched- it was interesting but I'm glad I went through with it. Got up at 4:50 and have had a nice peaceful morning so far. I am so done with this work week and ready for my 4 day Birthday weekend. No big plans as DH works on Sunday, but it will be nice to have Monday and Tuesday to putz around and just relax without the kids around.

Sunflower I hear you!! My 26 month is weaned but is still waking through the night and waking my 3 year old. It is exhausting!!!

Afternoon all , day 6 resilient managed complete a Friday night booze free so feel empowered this morning!!
Old 07-23-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I hope you stick around enfin - recobvery is not beyond you - I really believe that welcome back to you too Bronzie - you can do this! Sunflowerlife - my 40s have been good to me - I turn somewhat older than 40 on Tuesday so you're in good company, lol D
Nice D! We share a birthday