Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 24

Old 07-13-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Ran my 2 miles. Going to my game. That was probably dumb, but not as dumb as drinking. MITA, stay strong. Maybe some recovery books or links to listen to. That really helps me. I truly admire your fortitude. Samantha, Kiki, ladybug, way to get through today. You will be stronger tomorrow. Purple, thanks for the awesome post. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. BBG, sweet dreams. Talk to you guys later.
Damn! You ran 2 miles AND your gonna play soccer? Your poor legs!!! Ha
Old 07-13-2016, 07:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
It's purple! (I think.)
Sweet!!! Congrats!!!
Old 07-13-2016, 07:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Nite everyone! :-)
Old 07-13-2016, 08:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Beautiful, Casey. Yes, it's purple. We lost 4-0. I only fell 2 times I think, but I did fall before we started, so if you count that, 3 times.

Good night, guys!!
Old 07-13-2016, 08:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Fall down 2 times, get up 3, right, Bobbieka? (Or fall down 3 times, get up 4, depending upon your opinion on your pre-game stumble, I guess.) Sweet dreams!
Old 07-13-2016, 08:56 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Checking in before bed. My doctor's appointment went well. She's taking me off of my blood pressure medicine to see how I do without it since it is on the low side of normal now. My heart rate is back to normal too. I still need to monitor my blood pressure at home to make sure it doesn't go up without the meds. Interesting thing I learned is that my blood pressure medicine (along with early sobriety) can contribute to restless legs. So hopefully I'll get this figured out. She also prescribed a low dose sleep aid to bring on my trip. She will only prescribe it for the short term (10 total), which is a relief since I know they can be addictive.

Going to do some reading and try to settle in to bed. Goodnight
Old 07-13-2016, 09:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Fall down 2 times, get up 3, right, Bobbieka? (Or fall down 3 times, get up 4, depending upon your opinion on your pre-game stumble, I guess.) Sweet dreams!
Ha! You stole my Japanese proverb.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:48 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
Hope you are enjoying the book, Bobbie.

Back from the quick road trip. I'm getting too old for this stuff (in best Detective Murtaugh voice).

I am tired, which is when I feel the most tempted. Just trying to keep it together here for a bit longer. I re-arranged some furniture, took the dog out for a walk, and am now looking for a good podcast to occupy my mind. Summer evenings can be the best and the worst. At times like this, it's not so much a craving as a "why not". The AV is sneaky that way.

Hope everyone else is well !!
I totally relate to your feelings here MITA. Sounds like you got this though. Hope the day went well.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:17 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

From Fred:
wow I just spent 4 hours reading about annuities after 2 hours with a CPA, all I wanted was one question answered and it turns out she tried selling me an insurance policy disguised as a 7202 and I was signed up to start taking classes to be a TransAmerica insurance sales person, I thought it was educational until I started investigating the course. I politely emailed them back and opted out. My head hurts!
Oh no Fred! Stay away from sharky insurance people. I'm surrounded by them all day every day.....they eat their young.

Glad you're out of it.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:21 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

From Samantha:
My day has gotten 100% better
Making dinner now and then a sober evening ahead.
I'm late as usual, but just wanted to send good thoughts your way. So glad you are feeling better. You'll be right as rain soon.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:39 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

I'm sorry for all the posts - trying to catch up on my reading and this old thread, new thread copy/paste thing is over my pay grade.

From Kiki:
Remind me, do you go to AA or any other support groups? Feelings ARE hard, arent they? Geeze! If we could just turn them off for a while, ya know? But I guess that's what we were doing when we drank. My sponsor once said, when you are sober you have to feel the bad feelings, but the good news is, you get to feel the GOOD feelings too! Still waiting for the GOOD feelings. They are far and few between in early sobriety. I am so sick of being in EARLY sobriety! GEEZE!
No AA and this is my support group. But it's taken me years to finally do this. Wasted time.

I grew exhausted from my drinking. Now, every time I think about a glass of wine it isn't a fond memory anymore. In fact, I get a little sick to my stomach thinking about it. My desire to quit, exceeds my addiction at this point.

Don't know why. Don't know how. Hope it lasts, but every day raises some new questions for me.

I do get overwhelmed by feelings and overstimulation. I often wonder actually....if that's WHY I drank to begin with. Keep telling myself to sit with discomfort and it will pass. It does. Then I eat some Guatemalan tacos, or take a nap, and that makes me feel like I reboot.

Be kind to yourself Kiki. You're so wonderful and bubbly...those shining stars will light the way for you. Time and patience always pay off.
Old 07-14-2016, 02:26 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Lillian....
Old 07-14-2016, 02:33 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone I hope it's a great sober day for all.
Something seems different this time I don't have the cravings and no side effects except for not sleeping well. I'm actually looking forward to every day. Sobriety is very rewarding.
Will catch up later. Going to see if I can go find me a Pokemon
Old 07-14-2016, 03:21 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Morning check-in on day two....slept poorly but grateful to be feeling hang-over free and energetic...a little more like my old self.

No run today as it is pretty stormy out but I will do the stairs at work a few times today to get those steps in.

Happy Thursday!!
Old 07-14-2016, 03:39 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Good morning everybody. I've been up a while now. Don't know what time I fell asleep but I know it was before BBT episodes were over at 10. On my second pot of startin' fluid.

I hope everybody has a super sober day!
Old 07-14-2016, 03:41 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Morning BBG!!
Old 07-14-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Morning BBG!!
Mornin' Sam.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:01 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Afternoon (here) guys. Yo!

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
I re-arranged some furniture, took the dog out for a walk, and am now looking for a good podcast to occupy my mind.
I did something this morning which I hadn't done in some time which was listen to the Alan Watts podcast.

*** ZEN TALE***

(A zen koan is like an eye that see's, but does not see itself)

A man whose name was Eka came to where Bodhidharma was meditating and said: “Master, I have no peace of mind. Please pacify my mind”

Bodhidharma said: “Bring your mind before me. I’ll pacify it”.

And Eka said: “When I look for my mind, I can’t find it”.

Bodhidharma said: “There, it’s pacified”.

'Somehow this answered Eka’s question. And all Zen stories are like that.'

Have a good day peeps
Old 07-14-2016, 06:06 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!

Blood work done. Said I will probably get results tomorrow or possible later today. Hoping it's today.

Looking forward to a good and sober Day 7! Off to take the little ones to a meet & greet with Daniel Tiger (one of their favorite tv shows). Will be back later. Happy sober Thursday all!
Old 07-14-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Good morning! I'm so freaking sore today, but hey, down four pounds. I'll take the trade off.

Good morning, Sam, Kayak, BBG, Ladybug! Afternoon, Goat, Fabela!

Sounding better this morning, Sam.
You too, Kayak. Glad to hear no urges.
BBG. I need more than startin fluid today. I need a freaking generator. I'm so sore!
Ladybug, Glad you got the tests out of the way. Enjoy your meet & greet. I had to meet Barney once. Ugh. Saw him live twice I think.

Fabela-? not jumping to conclusions, hope you're okay.

Goat-39 Steps? (not really getting the reference) anyway, happy day 39! I liked your Zen tale.