Notices

Class Of March 2016 Part 23

Old 07-07-2016, 04:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi guys, checking in. I hope everyone has a great day. Off to an early AA meeting & then to exercise. Another AA meeting tonight and lots of laundry in between! Fun!
Old 07-07-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Quick check in on my way out the door. Kayak - glad you're back!!! Your brother sounds like a pretty great guy!! Kiki - love you!!! I will catch up later!!
Love you too Sam. :-)

Welcome back Kayak. Nice poem!

......AND Thanks for all the nice comments last night everyone. I'll be ok. I'm a survivor!
Old 07-07-2016, 05:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Hi guys, checking in. I hope everyone has a great day. Off to an early AA meeting & then to exercise. Another AA meeting tonight and lots of laundry in between! Fun!
Good for you Kiki.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi all, just checking in on Day 2. Had a good day yesterday - kept busy and drank lots of lime sparkling water. Going to an AA meeting this afternoon and lots of errands etc. I will not drink today!!

(((Kiki))) we can do this! Glad you are still here

Hi Kayak, good to see you back and doing so well!

Hope everyone has a great and sober Thursday! Will post more later ... rushing to get my daughter to playground camp
Old 07-07-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good morning, All. Love you all!
Old 07-07-2016, 07:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

My neighbors can tell I'm sober because my yard looks good :-) I mowed it two times last weekend
Old 07-07-2016, 07:11 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

so glad you are back, Kayak. You have made me laugh and cry a bit this morning. (my grass needs cut - should have called when you were in Missouri)
Old 07-07-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

KIKI! Love you! We know you are a survivor!
Old 07-07-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Bug - you are doing great! Day 3. I'm not drinking today - how about you?
Old 07-07-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
Damn you, Bobbie, I wanted the shotgun!
well...too bad. I'm faster.

Do the work. you can. Stop thinking about it and do it. I'm not drinking today. Ladybug's not drinking today. Join us.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
No way! I've also realized I need to start planning/doing things that aren't centered around alcohol. Turned down a neighbor's "adults only" party for tomorrow night because it will most definitely be a booze fest. All the hostess keeps talking about is how she is making her famous homemade blackberry sangria. So, taking my daughter to a Zootopia movie night at our church instead. Now I just have to plan something for Sat night??
Old 07-07-2016, 07:42 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hello Bobbie didn't mean to make you cry

Smile all you want they look good on us
Old 07-07-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day...um...117. I had to go look it up. Don't usually have to do that. I guess that's a good thing that I'm losing count?

Off work today. Probably going to an AA meeting tonight. No other plans. Probably going to be another video game-filled day. I'm a little obsessed right now.

Batman always sleeps during the day, immri. It's cool. Of course Australian Batman would also be awake right now, sitting on a stone gargoyle high up on a building watching for late night criminals. They probably don't even have gargoyles in Australia. We may have to make you Aquaman or something instead. Or Ironman. Isn't he a recovering alcoholic?

Sounding good, Kayak. Glad you've decided to do this for yourself. Look forward to seeing you around more. I'm with Dee--the best bet if you get those cravings at late hours is to just start a whole new "SOS I need help" thread on the Newcomers board. That seems to be the most visited board here and you'll get the most eyeballs and quickest responses that way. Of course post in here too. There's usually someone lurking most hours of the day. And that's awesome about your brother. Good to have a good example of sobriety up close and personal in our lives.

Hope your fair/trip/whatever exactly it is you're doing today goes well, Samantha, and I look forward to you checking in afterwards.

Good morning, ManInTheArena. Hope yesterday was a better one for you than the day before.

Enjoy your meetings, KiKi.

And good morning to you, Beerbgone. I saw a Big Bang Theory LEGO set yesterday. Made me think of you. It wasn't very accurate though. LEGO Penny didn't have a glass of wine in her hand.

Congrats on day 2, Ladybug. Glad you're getting to a meeting. Let us know how it goes.

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Day 3? Did I miss something or is this a typo? Anyways, have a wonderful day, Bobbieka. EDIT: Oh wait, I think you were talking about Ladybug's day 3. Duh. Sorry, no coffee this morning.

How's everyone else doing? Check in please! Build those accountability muscles.

You don't have to take that first drink no matter what. You don't drink anymore. Period.

Back to my video game. I may need a new 12 step program.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:26 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 36. I am going to exercise, then I will go to my meeting. Then I got to do some insane last minute shopping for my daughter's bridal shower on Saturday. And then at some point I have to get A pedicure so I could wear my dress on Saturday.

It is amazing to be able to function like this. 40 days ago I would've made an excuse for why I couldn't get everything done, I would have already finished a bottle of wine, and I would be wearing pants on Saturday… I hope the significance of that matters to some of you. I'm so glad to care what I look like again.

Take care. I hope to check-in better next week.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Checking in for day 3 time seems to be moving a little faster than it did on day one now. At the docs now with my son need to not make any in needed stops.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
Checking in on day 36. I am going to exercise, then I will go to my meeting. Then I got to do some insane last minute shopping for my daughter's bridal shower on Saturday. And then at some point I have to get A pedicure so I could wear my dress on Saturday.

It is amazing to be able to function like this. 40 days ago I would've made an excuse for why I couldn't get everything done, I would have already finished a bottle of wine, and I would be wearing pants on Saturday… I hope the significance of that matters to some of you. I'm so glad to care what I look like again.

Take care. I hope to check-in better next week.
Holy cow, I get that so much! Kind of like Sam washing her face! I'm so glad you are going to be present for this huge event in your life.

Casey - I am on day 32 I think. I'm going to have to watch how I word things. I think I messed someone up yesterday also. Have a great day 117. Playing video games, um, obsess much?
Old 07-07-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi gang! Yesterday was a pretty wild roller coaster of emotions. I ended up quitting the Chicago job on site because I didn't want them to invest time or training if I was going to leave anyway. I could tell my supervisor was upset with me. It was a flaky move, but It was really the only option I felt I had. I tend to stay in situations and places that are not in my best interest out of loyalty and self doubt. It's time to shake that up and do what is best for me and DD. So this morning I got an email asking me to call in for an exit interview. Ugh, sort of dreading that. I feel like I dodged a bullet with that place. Too many little red flags that I kept having to explain away to myself so I could look past them. I don't think it would have been a good place for me long term.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

No, this is not the beginning of a new chapter in my life; this is the beginning of a new book! That first book is already closed, ended, and tossed into the seas; this new book is newly opened, has just begun! Look, it is the first page! And it is a beautiful one!
Old 07-07-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kayak63sc View Post
No, this is not the beginning of a new chapter in my life; this is the beginning of a new book! That first book is already closed, ended, and tossed into the seas; this new book is newly opened, has just begun! Look, it is the first page! And it is a beautiful one!
Waiting to be written.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

UGH!! I am so frustrated, disappointed and annoyed right now and my AV is all over it So have to get this out there. I asked my in laws to come over today to watch the girls so I could go to a 2pm AA meeting. I didn't tell them I was going to AA meeting just that I had things to do/meeting I wanted to go to. They do know I have struggled with alcohol and attended meetings in the past so I figured they would put 2 and 2 together when I told them I wanted to go to a meeting. They usually stay until 3:30 or 4, but when they got here (at 12:30) my FIL informed me they are only staying until 2 or 2:30 today. They are retired and do nothing else except sit at home so it's not like they have plans or anything to do. My FIL is just moody and set in his ways. Anyway, I was really looking forward to going to this meeting and now I can't. I just feel like crying. I feel like I can never do what I need to do for my recovery. My husband is so stressed and wrapped up in his work right now that I can't even talk to him. Feel very alone right now and want to drink