Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 47

Old 07-19-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Glad that urge passed Babs, as North told me when I quit smoking, "the craving go away, whether you use or not"

First night went well, Max is settling in nicely, Jezebel hasn't realized she's not on a leash, so she stays right next to me.

Busy day today, pick up Jezebel's dog at noon, washer and dryer delivery between 1 and 3, cable an internet at 4 plus a few trips back to the apartment for more stuff.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

you go Ken ! ! Wow sounds exciting---and a new addition ta boot !
Babs
Old 07-19-2016, 08:03 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

rsz_1rsz_img_20160719_224751645_1.jpg Here's Velvet, It's not a great pic but I can't get her to stop long enough to get a good one. Max is NOT pleased with this event.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:52 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

What a cutie bud!

Babs the cravings may well have been down to hubbies absence if it traditionally would have been a time to freely overindulge. Perhaps also a touch of anxiety over your upcoming eye op, it's only natural, we all get a little squeamish about eyes! Well done on not giving in to temptation!

Sass all the ladies who come in after their op complain that there is a wrinkly old woman in their mirror and how the heck did their house get so dusty!!!
We had an 18 month old in a few weeks back who was collecting his new glasses, having broken his old ones. He has terrible eyesight, and the squeals of excitement when he put his new glasses on and saw clearly again would bring tears to a glass eye!
Old 07-20-2016, 03:41 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Ken, adorable pooch :-). I'm not surprised that poor Max has his britches in a twist
Old 07-20-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thanks Toots ---yes everything you said might be part of it. Someone else has said it's because I'm an alcoholic and how true . When I get a craving it's like someone else may crave candy, or something else where I crave alcohol. Duh--
going to AA meeting today. and again looking forward to it.
Have a great day
Babs
Old 07-20-2016, 07:14 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

oh gosh I love your new addition Ken---I'm a dog lover and
Velvet is an adorable name and good looking pooch ta boot. !
Babs
Old 07-22-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

no no no no no

We do NOT go to the second page.
Old 07-24-2016, 04:09 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Keep it up folks! I'll start boring you with details of my day to day.

Such as: I'm going to give myself a haircut this morning.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:04 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

You can do that, Trachy - we'll still love you :-)
Old 07-24-2016, 08:59 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

ha ha go for it Trach !
How was everyone's week-end?
It's almost over---'
Just checking in to say hi !
Babs
Old 07-24-2016, 10:50 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Over too quickly hey Babs!
We have our GSon visiting overnight tonight so enjoying his company just now.
Is your eye op Tues? In case I don't get to post tomorrow, I'm sure all will go well & you will have a speedy recovery.

Hey Trachy
Old 07-24-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hey thanks Toots---Yes, it's Tuesday and thank you for remembering. I haven't told many people that I'm having it done. But, I can come here and tell everything and that's what is so great about SR. There's no secrets here and it's the truth and I Love it ! ! !
Going to take a warm shower and read some of my book before calling it a day.
Have a great night.
Babs
Old 07-24-2016, 09:48 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes Babs
D
Old 07-25-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Babs, thinking of you especially today and hope it all goes well
Old 07-25-2016, 07:35 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

thank you Sass ---it's the 25th and the 26 th is my day, and then guess what? I get to go thru it all over again next week on Tuesday---it will be just fine.
Have a good day everyone !
Babs
Old 07-26-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi, gang!

Babs, I hope your surgery went perfectly.

Trach, I sure hope you'll be able to face the public after cutting your own hair!

Sass, I hope you have a great time on the lobster boat!

Toots, I hope you have a blast with your grandson camping in the living room!

Ken, I'm very sorry to hear of the passing of your brother, but very pleased that he had such an excellent last day.

Congratulations on your house and on the new addition to your household!

Hello also to Dee, Duff, North, Marcher, WeHav, Dig Dug, and anybody else I've missed.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Things have been good with me. Hard to believe it's been over a year since my dad died. It's odd--the instant he was gone it's as if a curtain dropped. It feels like it was so long ago that he was with us.

We have some new tenants living in his (renovated) space now: a 20-something young couple with a 2-y-o girl and an infant son. At first I was kind of dreading their arrival: more kids in the house didn't seem like the most peaceful of plans (especially since my grandchildren are over often and totally wear me out).

But I have been pleasantly surprised with how seamless the transition has been. The walls are pretty soundproof, so I don't hear much crying--plus, the crying of other people's children doesn't faze me at all. Not my problem!

Except when my grandchildren come over. Both my granddaughter and the other girl are bossy little divas. When I watch them, it is continuous refereeing to make sure one doesn't tromp all over the other. When they are having a great time, they engage in shrieking contests.

They are so loud and shrill that my eardrums hurt!

But everything calms down again when my grandchildren leave.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:45 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

For the most part, the transition to roommates has been seamless! Both they and my husband and I are considerate and do a good job of minding our own business and staying out of each other's way. They are the best roommates I've ever had, bar none.

The lady is a great cook and the guy (from Sydney) is the king of the grill, and every once in awhile they make us dinner. It's always great. The only fly in the ointment is that he drinks like a fish. He keeps a lot of booze around (craft beer, wine, and spirits), and is continually urging my husband to drink with him.

My husband worries about him, too, but usually goes to their space to have a beer just to be polite (he likes to abstain to keep solidarity with me--he can take or leave alcohol).

I'm not tempted per se--but it's no longer "out of sight, out of mind."

Last week the guy's parents came and visited from Sydney. I got along great with the mom--it was as if I'd known her all my life!

The first thing she did upon arrival was make us some Anzac biscuits! Holy cow, were they delicious! They were created to be shipped off to the fighting men in WWI. Thus, I expected something a little sturdier and more rock-like! Au contraire! They're the most delicious cookies I've ever had!

Next she made a pavlova! Hard meringue, whipped cream and sliced fruit--but the sum was much greater than its parts! No wonder it's so beloved!

They were particularly interested in seeing historic American buildings and towns: we ate at a restaurant that has been operational since 1728, and we passed by many lavish manor houses.

But the number one question about America that was on their minds: "What's going on in your presidential election?" LOL!

Usually I don't touch politics with a ten foot pole, but that discussion took about three hours!

Schoolwise, I have completely finished the Old Testament, and am now 1/3 of the way through my masters. I am taking about a three-month break to do a needlework piece while my eyes are still capable of seeing the stitches!

It has been great to read back a few months and see what's been going on with you all. I love SR and always will!
Old 07-26-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
p***enger

I'm really happy to see your posts, Gilmer.