Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 10

Old 07-13-2016, 09:35 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hello Jannies,

Sunny, great to see you on here, and I hope you are doing well.

Aries, I hope you will continue to check in with us every now and then. I have greatly appreciated your insights and support along our journey. I have no doubt you will continue to stay sober. There are times I read posts or comments and something about the tone or content really bothers me. I. Ow just completely ignore those posts and read others that help me, and hopefully I help.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am heading to sleep soon. Somehow I wasn't tired at work today on very minimal sleep, and a crazy day, I have a feeling it will hit me tomorrow!!!

❤️ Delilah
Old 07-14-2016, 03:08 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Morning Jannies,

Another quick read and so enjoy the updates and support for each other! I feel like a slacker...sorry. -

Hope to catch up this weekend. Love & strength (real strength T -) to all....xxxx. Carry On!
Old 07-14-2016, 06:27 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Thump,

How are things going today? Just checking in to see how you are doing? You are handling things on the relationship and sobriety fronts beautifully, im sure it doesn't always feel that way, but you are.

Just checking in on you, have a great day!
Old 07-14-2016, 10:18 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Wow, another week grinding down, more tragedy and innocent lives lost, it's all getting to be just too much. Prayers for France and those touched by today's madness.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Morning Jannies......love, strength and sobriety to all today (or night). xxxx

Dee, hope you are feeling a bit better. Hope to see you back soon, take care
Old 07-15-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Odelle, the senseless violence is so sad. Prayers for France, and for all of this to stop.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:43 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Thump,

How are things going today? Just checking in to see how you are doing? You are handling things on the relationship and sobriety fronts beautifully, im sure it doesn't always feel that way, but you are.

Just checking in on you, have a great day!
Hiya D, things are fine here. I am handling sobriety better than I'm handling the relationships. It seems that in my breakup with Harmony I'm also losing a mutual friend. It's a long story that doesn't need a public airing. I'm sad about that, but can't control them or what they do.

I've got family in town this weekend, including my sister who is a heavy drinker, but telling her yesterday of my alcoholism and sobriety, she was accepting and not pushy as she can so often be. That was a big relief.

I hope all's well with everyone here. My thoughts go out to the folks in France.
Old 07-15-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi Thump,

Relationships are tricky, and it is really hard when we lose the friendship piece. I'm sorry about that.

I hope you enjoy your time with your family!!

Dawn:-)
Old 07-15-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

I'm surrounded by loud drinkers tonight....yikes! In my own home no less.
I can't leave.....or can I?

No desire to drink, it's just really annoying after a long work week.

What's going on in this world....now the Turkey coup? Prayers, prayers and more prayers. Take care Jannies.........
Old 07-15-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Bandi, are you having a party? You can always make an excuse that you need to work tomorrow so they will need to leave early.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:43 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Thanks Delilah.....a few know that I don't need to work so that's not a valid excuse. I'm staying busy cleaning up and being here on SR-

Very disappointed and hurt by DH, but certainly not surprised. He wanted this party, not me and he doesn't seem to care how hard it is for me after a long week. Thanks for listening. I'm sober and staying that way!

Hope you're enjoying a relaxing Friday evening.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:13 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Thanks Delilah.....a few know that I don't need to work so that's not a valid excuse. I'm staying busy cleaning up and being here on SR-

Very disappointed and hurt by DH, but certainly not surprised. He wanted this party, not me and he doesn't seem to care how hard it is for me after a long week. Thanks for listening. I'm sober and staying that way!

I am proud of you! I know how crazy your schedule has been, I hope you are able to enjoy the rest of the weekend!!
Old 07-16-2016, 12:23 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hi Thump,

Relationships are tricky, and it is really hard when we lose the friendship piece. I'm sorry about that.

I hope you enjoy your time with your family!!

Dawn:-)
Well, the friendship part isn't her friendship, I don't think, but that of our mutual friend. I don't know. At any rate, I've spent the evening tossing it around in my head, and have decided that I can lose the both of them and still keep moving forward. I cotton to some lyrics from Peter Gabriel:

To keepin' silence I resigned
My friends would think I was a nut
Turning water into wine
Open doors would soon be shut
So I went from day to day
Tho' my life was in a rut
'Til I thought of what I'd say
Which connection I should cut
I was feeling part of the scenery
I walked right out of the machinery
My heart going
boom boom boom
"Hey" he said "Grab your things
I've come to take you home."

I'm focused on home -- taking care of myself and my own emotions, and letting go of the things I cannot control.

I'm much enjoying family time. My sister is down from Ohio. We haven't seen each other since I entered recovery, and her being a drinker at times approaching alcoholica, I was worried about her trying to pressure me to join her; but she's accepting of my decision (!) and respectful. My cousins too are supportive and that's all I wanted, given the big changes that I've undertaken.

I hope your day wasn't that bad, given short sleep rations and whatnot. Thanks so much for your kind words and support, m'dear.

Wishing all Jannies a happy and sober Saturday. Peace to the victims and families of the Nice attack.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:25 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post

Stay strong, hon. ((((Bandi))))
Old 07-16-2016, 06:27 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Thank you Delilah and Thump for your support! Got through the night using many tools in my box and logging on here. And I learned it's ok to leave your own party....
mentally and physically-

It's a NEW day.....for ALL of us and I'm so grateful we are Sober to appreciate it in so many ways.

Sounds like some enjoyable family time Thump and how wonderful to have support from your sister and cousins!

Delilah, you've certainly had a whirlwind week! Wishing you a relaxing and fun weekend. Thank you for your entertaining stories and kind support. You sound like you are in an amazing place right now and your enthusiasm is infectious-

Hugs, love and peace to all Jannies....take care..
Old 07-16-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday Jannies, I hope everyone had a great day!!!
Old 07-16-2016, 07:41 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Good morning Jannies. Thumpa, last weekend was my first test with family and drinking, and like you, they were supportive and there was no pressure. I simply stated that I have no off switch, one drink and I'm off to the races. Enjoy your family time!

Bandi, you're still wearing your superwoman cape, time to take it off and get some rest.

Delilah, I hope you are still enjoying some down time with school not in session yet and the great weather we've been having. How's your mom doing?

I have an acupuncture appointment today, then catch up time on household chores. While I was bored out of my mind when out of work, it seems there is no healthy balance in time management for me, feast or famine; back to chasing the clock.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:25 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi Odelle,

How did the acupuncture go? Did it help?

I have been back to work for just about two weeks, and students return this Wednesday. We are on a year round schedule. Today was spent getting my kids ready for the school year.

Thump, hope you are enjoying your day with family!!!
Old 07-17-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Afternoon all. I've been away for the past week and a half with very little Internet. Road trip around the UK visiting my wife's family and stuff. Long long way and very tiring, esp with 2 young kids, so it's great to get home and back in our own house and bed etc.!

Congrats to Nic & Sunny for getting back on it.

Hope everyone else is doing aok...
Old 07-17-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
One day at a time, sweetie. One moment at a time, if need be.

The way I see it, every day is day one.
True words