Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 10

Old 07-02-2016, 07:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Nicely done Mav and good to hear from you. Congrats on your 6 months and for staying sober while out with your friends!

You are so right Delilah....we are hardest on ourselves. Bet you looked pretty good in your swimsuit - but the most important thing is the fun you had and the memories you and your children will treasure. Have a great rest of the weekend!

I heard from Sunflower today....thank you Sunny! She is sober and will join the July class for extra support. Hugs to you girl

Hi Olivia....miss you popping in but i know this is your busy growing season. Hope all is good with you! Say hey when you can-

Hi Thump---how is work tonight?

Wrapping up a super lazy day here. Slept in, skipped my daily exercise and took a long afternoon nap so my body must have really needed it. My to do list didn't get done but the next 2 days are filled with activities so today was some good down time.

Take care Jannies & Dee....
Old 07-03-2016, 01:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by mav View Post
Evening all.

Bandi/Delilah - sorry, few days late but thoughts for you and yours!

In fact thoughts for the whole group, esp those MIA... Sunny... Nic...

Congrats to the other 6 monthers and those approaching it.

Went out all day drinking with some friends today. They were good - didn't even try and get me to drink. They got pissed and started talking rubbish. I drove them home after! One drink might have been nice... But I am not jealous of how they're going to feel tomorrow.

Carry on all xx
Good show, bro, that's how you do it.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Hi Thump---how is work tonight?

Wrapping up a super lazy day here. Slept in, skipped my daily exercise and took a long afternoon nap so my body must have really needed it. My to do list didn't get done but the next 2 days are filled with activities so today was some good down time.

Take care Jannies & Dee....
Good on you for getting some relaxation ... we all need sometimes. It's wise to listen to the body sometimes -- though not always, as we well know.

Work was hard, but doable. Yes, plenty of intoxicated folk, and in huge numbers -- it's hot and the lake is overfull, so lots of boaters stopping in for beer and ice. My body is definitely tired, but mentally it was not bad at all, considering everything. Towards the end of the night we had a couple of drunk guys come in who annoyed me -- you know, the loud, unreasonably-happy type -- but as I was on my way out the door, they hadn't much time to annoy me.

Hope all is well with everyone ... catch y'all on the upswing.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies,

Hope you are all enjoying your long weekend. Thump, hope work today was a little less hectic.

Lazy day around here today, laundry, and a little cleaning. Took one of my daughter's shopping to get a few things for school. The middle school she will attend has a uniform policy, it is a public school for performing arts. She is excited about the uniforms now, I give it a month before she is sick of them! I wish my other two kids had uniforms as well, it would make shopping easier!

Tomorrow I think the kids and I are going to my mother in law's for. BBQ, my husband is working.

Things here are good, hope everyone is doing well.

Carry on Jannies!

❤️Delilah
Old 07-04-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Wishing those of us in the U.S.A. a nice Sober Independence Day!

We have family staying this weekend and last night after everyone was in bed, I sat in the dark on our patio and listened to neighborhood fireworks all around and admired the lightening bugs. With my iced tea, phone call with best friend and SR, I was quite content- Plan to do the same tonight and maybe next summer with a year under my belt, I'll join in the festivities.

Hang in there Thump and avoid the crazies as best you can.

Take care Jannies! xxxx
Old 07-04-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Bandi, that sounds like a wonderful way to spend an evening. I love the idea of having a year under our belts, we will definitely get there in January!

Have a wonderful Fourth of July everyone!!

❤️Delilah
Old 07-04-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Happy 4th of July! I hope everyone is enjoying an extended weekend. Not much to report on my side of the street; still chasing the clock, and back to the mall today searching for shoes to match a dress I'm wearing to a wedding next weekend.

I went to the opthamologist last week and was given yet another eye drop to try, and then to the acupuncturist on Saturday, with no immediate symptoms relief but I will give it several months before the final verdict.

Aries, thanks for the kitty tips, I'm going to try to blend the wet cat food to see if it's more palatable to their taste.

Does anyone else feel like time has sped up to an intense pace? Four days shy of 6 months, where did the time go?
Old 07-04-2016, 11:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Odelle,

The vet sent my kitty home with a special SD diet for a few weeks, and then they suggested CD with stress formula. I mixed the wet and dry, and put a tiny bit of what he was used to. Since I am putting the wet in the fridge after opening I am heating it in the microwave s little, my kids think I have lost my mind.

I hope you start to feel better soon. Time is definitely going by much faster, just a few short days until you hit six months!!!

Hope you are having a great day.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I am so glad the weekend is over.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:48 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
I am so glad the weekend is over.
Was it a tough one for you T?

I miss you guys- just wanted to chime in and say hi. Going to join the July group. Really wish I hadn't chosen to relapse- I could be celebrating my 6 months tomorrow. Oh well. I hope it sticks this time- I am getting too old for this and I am tired of letting the alcohol win. What started with one drink ended with a two week bender- maybe more- I have lost track of time. Anyway, today was a lovely sober day and I am praying for another 24. Have an appointment with a therapist set up but it needs to be rescheduled (work conflict.)

DH and I are so so. Some days are good and others not so much. It's okay- I really just want to focus on me and my sobriety. I wish it was easier than this though. I have started doing my hypnosis again at night which I believe will help me.

Anyway- I love you all and think about you often. I will be around so you can always message me if you'd like. Xoxo Jannies- carry on my friends...
Old 07-05-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back SFL

D
Old 07-05-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi Sunny,

I am so glad you are back posting. We have missed you. I'm glad you have joined the July class, I hope you will still check in here as well.

❤️ Delilah
Old 07-05-2016, 09:29 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Ditto (what Delilah posted) Sunny! You will always be part of this class, so consider yourself lucky with dual class membership! Feel free to rant, rave, vent or cry, the door's always open.

Sorry the weekend wasn't "relaxing" for you, Thumpa, it came and went too fast for me!

How are you doing Zeebs and Olivia?

Delilah, enjoy the rest of your vacation, it sounds like you have a lovely family!
Old 07-06-2016, 12:33 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Was it a tough one for you T?
It was, both physically and emotionally. But while I'm tired in body, in mind I'm refreshed, in a way; I have a better understanding of what happened, and what I've missed seeing, over the last six months. And talking to her in the past-tense feels good, now. I'm not hurt any more, I'm liberated from the room I built for myself.

I miss you guys- just wanted to chime in and say hi. Going to join the July group. Really wish I hadn't chosen to relapse- I could be celebrating my 6 months tomorrow. Oh well. I hope it sticks this time- I am getting too old for this and I am tired of letting the alcohol win. What started with one drink ended with a two week bender- maybe more- I have lost track of time. Anyway, today was a lovely sober day and I am praying for another 24. Have an appointment with a therapist set up but it needs to be rescheduled (work conflict.)
Make it happen, even one minute at a time, sweetie. I'm sorry you got sucked back in, but losing a battle ain't losing the war.

DH and I are so so. Some days are good and others not so much. It's okay- I really just want to focus on me and my sobriety. I wish it was easier than this though. I have started doing my hypnosis again at night which I believe will help me.

Anyway- I love you all and think about you often. I will be around so you can always message me if you'd like. Xoxo Jannies- carry on my friends...
Your recovery is the most important thing, hon. Please don't be a stranger.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:12 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Good Morning Jannies,

I am heading back to work today, and for some reason my body decided 3:30 in the morning was a good time to wake up, it is now four, and since I don't have to wake up until 6:00, I am on the fence about trying to fall back asleep, or staying awake. Since I am currently on SR it looks like awake is winning!!!

Odelle, I had a wonderful time off. I enjoyed having so much time with my kids, getting to see my family and friends in NY and also decompressing. My husband works in retail and due to an unplanned job change last year he didn't have much time off, but he has today and Friday off which is great because the kids are still on break for two weeks. They are looking forward to some time with Daddy.

Thump, I'm glad you are able to move past your relationship, and feel better about things, that is a huge step. Sorry they weekend was so crazy.

Sunny, hope you are doing well today.

Bandi, hope your week is off to a great start.

Dee, as always, thanks for just being you,.

Carry on Jannies, have a great Wednesday!!!

❤️Delilah
Old 07-06-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Morning, all...a hot and humid morning here, which never happens, usually I'm wearing gloves and wool socks even in the summer. So dogs are logey...so am I.

DH is ill with some unspecific stomach ailment and running a slight fever. It's weird...he gets some version of this every summer about this time, but it still makes me panic that I should be dragging him to the hospital. He will be 70 this year and he is my world, so I handle this...poorly.

Sigh. Thump, glad you made it through and are feeling so solid about your ex. All we can do about the past is learn from it and it sounds like you've done just that. Bravo.

Delilah, we'll just make you an honorary east coaster for the day...see, you slept in. Magic!

Dee, how is your mom? I might have missed an update?

SFL, I have yet to meet anyone who gets it right the first time and stays that way. I'm just glad you came back...it's easy to slink away and quit trying and I speak from experience!

Between trying to chase down my parents' financial accounts, calling them every day to try to get them to take their meds, trying to sell our house and a lot off the property, buying some land out west (maybe), and DH being in his busy season plus the illness...I feel like things are just the teensiest tiniest bit out of control. Last week DH found a spatula in his underwear drawer. Apparently I put it there in one of my parallel states of consciousness where I wander around dealing with clutter while I furiously think about something else. Yikes.

Hope you all have a lovely day...
Old 07-06-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Aries, thanks for the three magical hours! I am still an East Coaster at heart, so I hope they help. I'm sorry you have so much going on, I hope it settles down for you soon. I must admit the spatula in your husband's drawer is quite amusing. I am trying to imagine his face when he found it there.

Good first day so far, not many people back on campus yet, so I am able to get things done, and just took a little break to pop in here.

Enjoy the rest of your day Jannies!
Old 07-06-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi everyone - just checking in to say hello. Hope y'all are doing well!

I've been trying to limit my time spent online and have been MIA a bit. Lots of hiking and trail running lately. Being in nature and exercising really makes me feel good about myself.

Congrats to everyone on their continued sobriety! Looks like today is 175 days for me.

Z
Old 07-06-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you Zeebs!!
Old 07-07-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Morning Jannies,

Fly-by check in today---whoosh! I thought work would be crazy for a couple of weeks and it's living up to my expectations-

Hope your first day back was a good one Delilah. - Take care all and will catch up this weekend. Hugs & Sobriety wishes to all....xxxx