Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 10

Old 08-20-2016, 12:16 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hi Bandi and Odelle,

Checking in daily helps me too. I have been checking in on the 24 hour thread, maybe I should start reading and posting on the One Year and Under thread too.

Hope you guys are enjoying the weekend!!

❤️ Delilah
Old 08-20-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

I look in here each day; best wishes, all xx
Old 08-20-2016, 06:59 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Good to see you Caramel!! -

Hi Sunflower!! -

Delilah, some pretty wise 1 year and overs share their stories with the undies. Good stuff and very inspiring! Hope you're having a good weekend-

Thump, you ok? I know you're pulling some long hours right now.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:55 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Good to see you Caramel!! -

Hi Sunflower!! -

Delilah, some pretty wise 1 year and overs share their stories with the undies. Good stuff and very inspiring! Hope you're having a good weekend-

Thump, you ok? I know you're pulling some long hours right now.
It's rough sledding, thanks for asking. I read here daily but after long hours don't feel mentally acute ... nothing important enough to say, you know?

'Twas a slog today. A new hire we've been training the last two weeks -- whom I know outside work a little -- is clearly an alcoholic (still in denial) herself, and I suspect had been drinking tonight, either before work or during her break. I don't have a good nose, but even my weak schnozz could get that whiff. Knowing her outside, having seen her sober and drinking both, I could see that tonight it was her drunk personality -- but my boss can't take that to corporate and pin legal fees on my judgement, so the best I can do for now is to minimize her impact on the business.

She needs to be happy I'm not the general manager; tolerant as I am, I'd drop this blade and rather quickly at that. Cursing in front of customers and being obstreperous, not a good plan to keep the job.

I don't have the authority to fire her. If I did, I would.

Ugly night.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

That is/was a tough spot to be in, Thumpa. Perhaps speak in private to your boss and work out a system that he can come into the store if there is a "next time?"

I agree with you too, drunk or not, her poor customer service skills should be reason enough for termination. IMHO, better to cut the ties early than to prolong the agony when a misfit is apparent.

I hope today goes well for you, on a personal note and professional.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
That is/was a tough spot to be in, Thumpa. Perhaps speak in private to your boss and work out a system that he can come into the store if there is a "next time?"

I agree with you too, drunk or not, her poor customer service skills should be reason enough for termination. IMHO, better to cut the ties early than to prolong the agony when a misfit is apparent.

I hope today goes well for you, on a personal note and professional.
^^^^Wise words Odelle.

(((Thump))) Hope today/tonight is a better one for you.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Evening all. Quick check in. Challenging times at present; work and home life taking its toll. Means I'm not feeling the acuity to post much. Fleeting thoughts of drinking but still on top of it, approaching 8 months...

Thoughts and best wishes to all.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Thump... You have a broad vocabulary! Thanks for teaching me another new word
Old 08-21-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Can someone point me in the direction of the 1 year and under thread? Sounds like something I could use.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Here you are, mav: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-55-a-7.html
Old 08-21-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies,

Mav it is great to hear from you. We are ten days away from 8 months, that is a good reason to smile. Sorry life is crazy for you right now.

Thump, hope today was better.

Odelle and Bandi, hope you are both enjoying your Sunday.

I took the kids do the mall earlier so my oldest could pick a present for her friend's birthday. I popped into Barbes and Noble a land treated myself to several books. I am reading Harry Potter and the Cursed Child first. I loved that series, and I am excited to dive back into the world of Hogwarts and wizards.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday everyone.

❤️ Delilah
Old 08-22-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Good morning Jannies, thanks for the alternate thread tips everyone, I know I need to keep adding to my toolbox so that I am prepared for the unexpected. Sorry to hear that life is challenging you at the moment Mav, hang in there, it always levels out eventually.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:38 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies,

I am attempting to fall asleep, it is not going well!! Good first day of the week at work, nonstop, but that makes the days go fast. I went to the knee doctor to get cortisone shots today, they aren't working nearly as well, so they are sending me to a consult with a surgeon in Friday. We shall see what they say. The good news is I was able to answer the following questions easily:
Do you smoke? No, never did
Do you drink alcohol? No:-)
Are you overweight? No:-) losing 37 pounds out me back in the healthy weight zone for my height!!

I am only 45 which is young for the surgery, but there is a possibility of partial knee replacements, which would be an easier recovery, and I would possibly be able to do at the same time and miss minimal work. Also, I want to be able to hike, walk steps, and do yoga with no pain/problem.

My appointment is Friday morning, so I will go to work for two hours, leave and then head back. There are some advantages to being in charge, and goodness knows I put in many extra hours both at work and from home!

I am going to attempt to fall asleep now. If any of you have experience with partial or total knee replacement please chime in!!

❤️ Delilah
Old 08-22-2016, 11:48 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes Delilah
D
Old 08-23-2016, 05:34 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hi Jannies,

I am attempting to fall asleep, it is not going well!! Good first day of the week at work, nonstop, but that makes the days go fast. I went to the knee doctor to get cortisone shots today, they aren't working nearly as well, so they are sending me to a consult with a surgeon in Friday. We shall see what they say. The good news is I was able to answer the following questions easily:
Are you overweight? No:-) losing 37 pounds out me back in the healthy weight zone for my height!!

I am only 45 which is young for the surgery, but there is a possibility of partial knee replacements, which would be an easier recovery, and I would possibly be able to do at the same time and miss minimal work. Also, I want to be able to hike, walk steps, and do yoga with no pain/problem.

My appointment is Friday morning, so I will go to work for two hours, leave and then head back. There are some advantages to being in charge, and goodness knows I put in many extra hours both at work and from home!

I am going to attempt to fall asleep now. If any of you have experience with partial or total knee replacement please chime in!!

❤️ Delilah
Good for you on checking NO to those health questions.

As a caregiver I have lots of second-hand experience with knee replacement surgery! I'll pm you later today. Take care and hope you got some sleep.....-
Old 08-23-2016, 09:04 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Thanks Bandi, that would be great!! Checking no felt fantastic!!!
Old 08-23-2016, 11:32 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Ody, I did have a word with my boss about it. One of my subordinates, who himself suffers anxiety issues, mentioned to me that her erratic behavior that night set off his own triggers. Given that he's a great worker and we have a great rapport, his words impelled me to broach the topic. Our GM is a bit much on the passive side (unlike myself ) and so I reckoned that perhaps a little gentle nudge could have an effect. I don't know that it will, though my boss tells me he's going to address the issue.

Ironically for this forum, I put it in terms of our license to sell alcohol. In Texas, it's illegal to sell alcohol while under the influence, and a violation can and will cause the license to be yanked. Given the proportion of our revenue drawn from beer and wine -- and the effect a denial of license would have on the business -- I hope my approach will have a greater impact than simply making what would otherwise be a personal complaint about staff not liking working with her.

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
^^^^Wise words Odelle.

(((Thump))) Hope today/tonight is a better one for you.
Bandi, the last two nights have been much better, thanks. I have the next two days off, and we started training a new guy tonight who by all appearances is catching on fast. Easy-peasy, baby. And when Teresa returns, even better. Just a matter of holding one's breath long enough, right?

Originally Posted by mav View Post
Thump... You have a broad vocabulary! Thanks for teaching me another new word
Thank you, bud -- it's always good to know I've given a little back, even as small as four syllables.

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hi Jannies,

❤️ Delilah
My best to you, hon. Can't help you with tips, but know we're in your corner. ((((D))))
Old 08-24-2016, 02:48 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Have a great weekend Thump! -
Old 08-24-2016, 09:28 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Hi Thump,

I love how you always take the time to respond to everyone on here? I hope you have a great weekend my friend!

❤️ Delilah
Old 08-25-2016, 02:43 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Morning Jannies-

Peace & strength today.....xxxx