Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 1

Old 07-09-2016, 08:12 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Phew! Got threw the night sober thanks all!!
Old 07-10-2016, 12:23 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Betha View Post
Tonight we are hosting another couple over. We have always gotten together with them and DRANK! It's been a couple months since we've all gotten together. My husband is so excited. The woman and I share a love of IPAs. No one (including my husband) knows that I have quit drinking. I told my husband I would be drinking vodka and diet tonic (his drink) tonight. He look surprised and said, "really?" I'm going to drink diet tonic with a lime and just pass it off as I'm trying to loose weight. I really don't want to tell anyone right now. And tonight wouldn't be the right time anyway. So far I haven't been tempted from all the hard alcohol in the house. But the IPA's and wine will be starring me in the face. I love the phrase people have said about not taking the first drink , because if you don't have the first then that means you don't have the second, third,..... I pray I can be strong. It will be hard since it's just the 4 of us. I won't be able to get on my phone (it takes too long to log in and then find threads and also I have always made such a fuss about how rude it is). Keep me in your thoughts please!
I hope all went ok that is a huge challenge for you, especially doing it on your own (well except for us all who have your back) ! X
Old 07-10-2016, 12:25 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Talb9 View Post
Day 1 again dde33 I'm pretty disappointed in my self and feel just awful today. I have no desire to drink but I know that's just because of the hangover...I thought I would be stronger on Friday but I just gave in without a fight. I felt absolutely amazing last week and now I just want to get back that feeling.
At least you are here, with friends, it happens to us all the most important bit is that you are here !!! Hugs ...
Old 07-10-2016, 12:26 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Well done what a huge achievement x
Old 07-10-2016, 12:28 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Morning ! Wow the first Saturday sober in a looonngggg time !!! Lots of sleep but still tired

I seem more settled since my slip up on Thursday but my AV is about to come out to play I'm sure..... She leaves it until I feel more confident and then starts !

Have a fab day everyone xxx
Old 07-10-2016, 02:29 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I'm not sure how to join the class of July but I'd like to!

I joined here today and this is my 14th day sober. I'm in England and looking for support, to give support and for inspiration to stay sober :-)
Old 07-10-2016, 03:56 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Another good day. It is clear to me that i need/want to change my life by becoming honest with myself and others. Dishonesty has gotten me into this mess, it is as clear as day to see now.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MH27 View Post
Hi everyone. I'm not sure how to join the class of July but I'd like to! I joined here today and this is my 14th day sober. I'm in England and looking for support, to give support and for inspiration to stay sober :-)
You just say you're in so welcome, I am in the class and in the UK too, 14 days is fab well done !!
Old 07-10-2016, 06:02 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Smile

Excellent I'm glad to be in! xx
Old 07-10-2016, 06:15 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Day 5.

But I didn't.

I am trying to plan my 40th bday. My idea was to take the family to a resort with a nice kids pool so they can play all day. I think it would be fun but I am afraid I won't be strong enough to stay sober if there is a poolside bar. And it is ok to ask my husband not to drink? I just don't know.

Sorry- all over the place tonight. Not feeling so hot but at least I resisted the urge to drink. Hope you are all doing well...
Great job on not drinking!

There have to be resorts or even waterparks around that don't serve alcohol. Pack a nice lunch, some snacks, water and juice and just relax in a chair by the pool. The kids will never realize alcohol isn't being served!

Early Happy Birthday to YOU!!!
Old 07-10-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Talb9 View Post
Day 1 again 😳 I'm pretty disappointed in my self and feel just awful today. I have no desire to drink but I know that's just because of the hangover...I thought I would be stronger on Friday but I just gave in without a fight. I felt absolutely amazing last week and now I just want to get back that feeling.
Good for you, Talb, for getting back on the horse today. Keep remembering that great sober feeling and try to figure out where your plan went wrong.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by animalnurse9 View Post
This is day 9 for me,the longest time I've had sober in such a long time. Just wanted to join you guys who are at the same-ish stage and I'm looking forward to still being sober in August 😆
So, from where I sit, today is Day 10!
Old 07-10-2016, 06:19 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Old 07-10-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Welcome MH27 and animalnurse and any others I may have missed!
I am doing pretty good with my plan. I'm making my meetings, but yesterday I didn't call anyone. That is a real problem for me, I have to start doing it!
I'm keeping a journal which is helping a lot. I am so forgetful that it's easy for me to let up on my plan if I don't look at it every day and write what I did and didn't do. It reminds me and helps me stay on track.
I hope everyone enjoys their sober Sunday!
Old 07-10-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by janeeb View Post
Morning ! Wow the first Saturday sober in a looonngggg time !!! Lots of sleep but still tired

I seem more settled since my slip up on Thursday but my AV is about to come out to play I'm sure..... She leaves it until I feel more confident and then starts !

Have a fab day everyone xxx
Stay strong, Janeeb!
Old 07-10-2016, 06:22 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MH27 View Post
Hi everyone. I'm not sure how to join the class of July but I'd like to!

I joined here today and this is my 14th day sober. I'm in England and looking for support, to give support and for inspiration to stay sober :-)
Welcome, MH! 14 days is a wonderful accomplishment and you'll find tons of support here and on the other Newcomers to Recovery groups.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KarenOskie View Post
Welcome MH27 and animalnurse and any others I may have missed!
I am doing pretty good with my plan. I'm making my meetings, but yesterday I didn't call anyone. That is a real problem for me, I have to start doing it!
I'm keeping a journal which is helping a lot. I am so forgetful that it's easy for me to let up on my plan if I don't look at it every day and write what I did and didn't do. It reminds me and helps me stay on track.
I hope everyone enjoys their sober Sunday!
I totally agree with the journaling, Karen. Seeing my thoughts written down has a different effect that just keeping them in my head.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:39 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Day 1 again I need to remember to post here when the urge arrives, back to the drawing board.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:40 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Today begins Day 3 for me. I'm so relieved that Day 2 was uneventful, with very little anxiety and no cravings or urges...well, the urge to sleep, but I don't think that's too bad.

I woke with unexplained anxiety this morning and couldn't fall back asleep. No clue what triggered it...no bad dreams or anything, just that familiar knot in my tummy. I'm going to give some chamomile tea a try this morning to see if I can make it go away.

Today, I will stay focused and continue to work on my plan, One day at a time :-)

Hope everyone has a safe, sober, Sunday!
Old 07-10-2016, 07:16 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
I agree CL- and this is the hardest thing for me to accept- his drinking isn't my business. I guess in a perfect world I would like to think my husband would say "sure sweetie, if this is so hard for you and sobriety so important, let me help you by not drinking at home." I am sure someone has a husband like that but I surely don't. I just want someone to tell me I am not wrong in being upset that he doesn't care about my sobriety.
I see that too. I would love for my husband to be more supportive in that way as well, but that doesn't mean he doesn't care about my sobriety. He has expressed he doesn't care about his own though. I have just realized that I really need to find some of my own personal inner strength whatever that means. 🙄