Notices

Class of June 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 06-29-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Welcome bronzie. I've seen your posts around here, and I was hoping you'd show up in this thread.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Well I had to go back to work today, but I have the next 5 days off! Work stresses me out so much, even though I work from home. I ate some real food today for lunch after not being able to eat for the last few days, and now I feel sick. My daughter and I both had a stomach virus on top of that, which we are now getting better. Why did I have to eat today like I have never seen food before? Ugh! I'm gonna drink some green tea and hope this feeling passes, so I can get thru this work day!
Old 06-29-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Welcome, Chickenlady06 and bronzie and anyone else new, returning, or lurking.
JL2014 you have had some very hard days lately, be gentle to yourself in your very natural sadness and tiredness.
Take care, all xx
Old 06-29-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hey all - productive day 3 for me here. Went to 2 recovery groups this morning and then joined a mental health 5 a side football group this afternoon. For me this is all unheard of. Nearly backed out of the latter but I stuck with it and glad I did - I loved it!!!

Recovery groups I went to were great, good to hear from other people and it's not the same as AA which is what my fear was. I understand they help a lot of people, but this is different somehow. I guess it's a case of trying things and finding out what's right for you.

So tomorrow is acupuncture, a mood management group and something to do with IT. It's nice to feel tired in the evening and I can honestly say I don't want a drink. I know it's a honeymoon period, but glad it's not as awful as I thought it would be.

Hope everyone has had/having a decent day. Take care!
Old 06-29-2016, 02:01 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Yay Day 15 today. So yesterday the cravings came on really strong toward day's end. About the time I'd have said, "oh what the heck, early happy hour today" a couple of weeks ago. Ran through the list of stressors (hungry? angry? lonely? tired?) and said "DOH I am starving." Got some food. Craving subsided. YES it worked!
Old 06-29-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

2 days starting tomorrow then off 4 days !!!
It's gonna be hard for a while but my wife came back home after I'd been sober a while and then the loss. Maybe she's staying .
I'm just existing for a while and will be listening to 12 step workshops on my phone as much as possible at work.
Got through today watching movies off those pirate movie sites, and play with the kids.

Hugs to you all !
Old 06-29-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Day 40. My life needs a whole new rebuild. I had to hit rock bottom unfortunately, but rock bottom is the solid foundation I will build on (stole that line from somewhere). It's so overwhelming when I think about all those lost years and the monumental task ahead of me. It causes anxiety and drives me to drink. However, I have figured out that all I need is to do the next right thing, one day at a time. For now, not drinking is the only thing I need to accomplish today.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:24 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Right on WL !
Forgot- I'm at 30 days.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hiya June class! Hope everyone is well!

Bronzie, nice to see you

Welcome chickenlady06 and any other newcomers I may have failed to mention.

Wigglyworm, yes, thank you for the new name LOL I may have to steal it!

JL, man, I don't know what I would have done if I would have walked in and saw that bottle...THE bottle...kudos to you for staying strong. I've been praying for you and yours that you will continue to be strong through your loss.

JG62 so happy things went well with you and the hubs. One day at a time, right?

Havetostopnow I'm sorry you're having a hard time, but so glad to see you keep picking your self back up and trying again. I think we've all been where you are. Heck, this is the first time I've been able to string together more than 3 days since October of last year. I'm still only a week in. Posting and reading here (almost obsessively) has helped keep me focused this time. You've gotten to day 3, which in my experience is the hardest day. Make a plan to get past day 3. Pour out the 'in case' booze (I remember you mentioning it in another thread). Whatever you have to do to get to day 4. You can do it.

Day 7 for me today. Took my daughter to the library this morning and then spent way too much at Walmart. I was only going to get her some bubbles and a new coloring book, but you know how that goes lol I didn't even realize until I got home that I wasn't in the least bit tempted to go down the alcohol aisle. It never even crossed my mind! I feel like things are beginning to shift. Finally. Hopefully the rest of my day goes as smoothly. I've got laundry to fold, then dinner, then bed. Easy enough...

Have a great sober rest of your day guys!
Old 06-29-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

So overwhelmed right now. I definitely underestimated the level of stress that this move would put on me. Last night, I only saw the negatives about the new house and felt really down, even though I was expecting to feel super excited because it really is very nice. My husband and I disagree about small things, and I feel myself pushing resentment down to avoid arguments. There is so much to be done, and my kids need help with the transition, since this is a major change for them...meanwhile, I just want to escape, which is simply not an option. My husband claims to listen, but he is quite overbearing and I don't think he really does.

I do realize that these are relatively petty concerns, and I feel lucky to have a good job, a family, and the means to afford some help. However, all of those things require a lot of energy and maintenance, especially the family part. Early recovery really tests my patience and I don't have the best support system in place yet. I would pay a lot of money for an empty house, and some good TV right now.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JG62 View Post
Oh Lord, I am drinking pots and pots of coffee
Can you make a mix of 1/2 regular 1/2 decaf? I started at 2/3 regular and 1/3 decaf and am now down the 1/2 and 1/2. It's making a huge difference.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:52 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Bronzie and congrats to everyone hitting a milestone today

for those who don't know at the end of the month this thread will move to the Daily Support Forum, to make way for the new class month thread here (July 16)

Nothing else will change - you guys will still stay together and keep posting - just the thread will be in a different place.

I'll leave plenty of redirect notices so, hopefully, noone gets lost

D
Old 06-29-2016, 03:58 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Day 40. It's so overwhelming when I think about all those lost years and the monumental task ahead of me.
That really bothers me, Wastinglife, but looking on the bright side, you are 40 days sober and are on your way to making the best of they days and years ahead of you!
Old 06-29-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ambuler View Post
Hiya June class! Hope everyone is well!

I was only going to get her some bubbles and a new coloring book, but you know how that goes lol I didn't even realize until I got home that I wasn't in the least bit tempted to go down the alcohol aisle. It never even crossed my mind! I feel like things are beginning to shift. Finally. Hopefully the rest of my day goes as smoothly.

Have a great sober rest of your day guys!
That's a huge step, Ambler! Good for you
Old 06-29-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

My 16 year old grandson called me at 6:00pm today and asked if I could pick him and his friend up at a park near me. How great it was to be able to jump in the car, sober, and drive them home. When I was drinking, I would have been 2 sheets to the wind by 6:00 and would have had to tell him, "no". For this, I am grateful :-)
Old 06-29-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Had a few anxiety bouts today, mostly work related, but fortunately they passed. It's funny, I don't get "cravings", just desires to stop the anxiety. Or is that a craving? While it's no where near the level of anxiety I felt a few months ago when I was binging, it's still a stinker to deal with.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on 30 days, JL! Very proud of you for realizing that while life isn't easy right now, a drink isn't the answer.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Colors really are brighter and more - colorful - you know what I mean
Old 06-29-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I am at day 40 and starting to see improvements with my anxiety levels. The first month was rough though. It takes long-term sobriety for the brain to heal. If there is an underlying anxiety disorder, you'll never know until you get sober for a while.
Thanks! Dang that seems like forever and yes i do already have an anxiety. Not sure if it was from the drinking or if i had it before the drinking. Its like the whole chicken and egg thing. Oh well i guess i need to just hang in there and someday it WILL get better!
Old 06-29-2016, 05:18 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Welcome bronzie and CL06.

DAY 9, I'm doing well. Going to be off for 10 days starting on Friday. I'm nervous to death about it. Not sure if I can make it through that.

I'm going to need to find a meeting everyday. Take my dogs to the park everyday. That's so much time alone with my thoughts that I fear it's not going to end well for me. Maybe I'll call my mom.

I'm 40 now, but when I was in my early twenties I got arrested and sent to rehab for 3 months. After rehab I made a serious effort and stayed sober for 8 months, ended on my birthday, go figure ha. Ever since then I couldn't stay sober for more than 2-3 days at a time tops.

Couple months ago started seriously trying again. Ive got it stretched out to about 6-7 days. I'm praying daily, trying to keep a journal of how I'm feeling, and hugging my dogs alot haha. Thanks for all of your posts and comments, even if you aren't doing well, if you doing super, or middle of the road. You are helping me to stay sober.