Class of March 2011 Part 24

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-23-a-20.html

D
Old 09-24-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hi Marchers...
Just thought I'd check in. Mirage's post about Robby's passing really caught my attention. He was a wise soul, and we shared some of life's experiences. I am sorry to see that he passed, and pretty young too. Based on my conversations with him, I believe he is at peace in heaven, as he told me he was a believer.

It's been quite a year for me. I spent the first 6 months living out of state, and then came home to help the youngest two move out for college. The oldest joined the army and heads overseas this weekend. Of course, my coping skill is drinking. And its still killing me. My head is not right, but I'm resolved to get it back in place. I started my ADs last week and can already tell a huge difference in myself. Thankfully, the Lord is still working in my life, and there has not been catastrophe, but I don't feel healthy. Hopefully, drying out will help that. I'm too old for this crap.

I have been lurking and want to wish you all the best on your successes and anniversaries. I'll sign back out now until have have a month or so of sobriety, and then maybe rejoin the conversation.

God Bless,
Lofty
Old 09-24-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's great to see you Lofty.

There's absolutely no need to wait to get sober time to join us tho - you know SR doesn't work like that, man

we kept your seat warm - why not use it?

D
Old 09-24-2015, 05:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Greetings all...I know it's been too long. Have had a very busy & good summer. Spent a lot of August at the Jersey shore. Still sober. I ordered a NA beer one night out with a friend on her birthday. They to,d me they were out of it, even though I saw it in the cooler. That was my sign. Don't go there. This month started taking a meeting once a month to the County Jail. I really enjoy it & it keeps it green for me. Started a flexible schedule job back in May, that I need to ramp up my focus on. Pope is hear this week & my son & are going to sell Pope t-shirts at the train station. Tacky but $$$.
Old 09-26-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good to see our old friends! Always love when our peeps check in. Yes Lofty, no point in waiting, this site is so helpful when the goings are tougher in the beginning.

Things fine here. I'm a bit under the weather. Couldn't tell if it was food poisoning or a bug, but I had a rough night last night. Today's D's birthday and I couldn't go out for his birthday dinner, he went with our youngest. Our oldest is on an over night team building retreat with choir. Man, they keep those kids busy, sheesh. I get my lasik done Monday, I'm nervous!! Hope you're all having a great weekend, big ol hugs to you all.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes with the lasik mirage - and feel better!

D
Old 09-28-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi Marchers,
great to see Lofty and Bryan here , don't be strangers we love hearing from you.
Mirage good luck with the lasik ( I had to look that one up , never heard of it, lol ).

DAY 29
Still busy here with week 2 of the holidays in full swing , the first week the weather was lousy blowing a gale everyday and rain , this week is the opposite calm and blue skies with the possibility of storms in the afternoon and the temp is set to rise to the early
30's c. by next Monday . You may remember me mentioning a big brown snake that has been hanging around here the last couple of years , well he has met his maker , trying to enter a neighbours house he had a run in with a garden hoe .
Not much more to report for now.
Take care.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I thought I replied to you bryan but I must have been dreaming. Very good to hear from you

congrats on day 29 Aussie

D
Old 09-29-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well my lasik got CANCELLED! lol I was soooo bummed cuz I was really nervous; didn't sleep well, tummy upset, etc. and they called and said the doctor was sick and was going home. I'm rescheduled for 2 weeks from now. Unbelievable. I was wearing glasses for 3 days (which I hate), putting prescription eye drops in 4x day, etc. all for nothin! Poo. Congrats on your month, aus! Doin great, girl!
Old 09-29-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
orangutan

That sucks Mirage, I am the same I get myself all worked up over doctor appointments. I hope you get it sorted soon.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Lol I love that flamin mad emoticon! That's me!
Old 10-01-2015, 08:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Geez hope it happens next time mirage

D
Old 10-03-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee!
I've got 4 boys over here for B's birthday. He turns 14 in a week. We all went to see The Martian, a Matt Damon movie. It was awesome, we all loved it. We had a Subway sub platter and we'll be having the cake soon. D is gone for the weekend, so I'm going it alone, but they're easy. I was just sitting here thinking I didn't plan breakfast. I think I have enough eggs, but no bacon or anything. Maybe they won't be up early enough for breakfast. haha. Cold and rainy today. Just checking in, hope you are all having a good weekend!
Old 10-03-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too mirage

D
Old 10-04-2015, 01:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
orangutan

I might go and see that movie myself Mirage, we are looking for something to watch. Happy 30th wedding anniversary to ME. My husband is taking me somewhere nice but I don't know where just yet, all very secretive.
The weather here is stinking hot and set to rise to around 35c. by Wednesday it's way to early for this , last week we had the heater on for a couple of nights.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah I'm not pleased aussie - Tasmania is looking good

D
Old 10-05-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Wow aussie, 30 years! That's a big one! Ours is Thursday, 21 for us. We are going out for a nice meal and then will go up north with the whole family for the weekend to check out some fall leaves. Looking forward to it. Let us know what you do!!

Old 10-06-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Ooooh! Side note: I love your Frankenstein, Dee!!
Old 10-06-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Happy Anniversary Aussie and Mr. Aussie! 30 years is awesome!!!

I agree about the Frankenstein dude, Dee!

Still kickin' over here.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks guys

Hope it was a nice surprise Aussie

D