Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 06-24-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Good morning Mayflies!
I survived my " I don't know what yesterday was.... coming out my skin moment I guess you could say. We cooked a kick !@@ dinner and ate outside. I am digging being out in the middle of nowhere that is for sure. ( well for now anyways.... I am a gadget girl, so this no service all the time nonsense is illin me LOL)
Todays agenda is nothing. We are all just going to kick back do our own thing. Pick strawberries in their woods, wild daisies, or for some, nap.
Just caught all the news about the UK.... for our friends living there it should be an interesting uncertain time right now. Just as messed up as what we are faced with--- Donald Trump could potentially be president?
OK, enuf politics.!!!
Happy Friday everyone! Make it a great day today. I am gonna sure try!
--Camery
Old 06-24-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Simplicity4114 View Post
I feel ya Jo! It'll be interesting to see how this plays out and how quickly it all happens. Easy for me to say from this side of the pond..... The prospect of Trump being elected here is frightening. I fear it will be an epic disaster for our country and for our foreign relations
Couldn't agree more!

Very, very frightening 😳😣☹️
Old 06-24-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I feel sad about the British vote now but I admit I don't really understand the consequences clearly. Sometimes it does feel like the world is going to hell in a handbasket but hasn't it always been that way? The messes are just getting bigger.
At least I might be able to get a good deal on Rowan yarn today. Any knitters out there?
As long as I'm rambling, Orange is the New Black is really good this season.

Congratulations to everyone on their success. I'm proud of you all.
I have messed up, again. I can't seem to keep it together beyond two weeks. I don't know what happens but I keep working on my coping skills. I need to be proud of me too.

Next week I'm looking into a women's group my friends counselor is starting or a friend of the counselor is starting. It might be kind of new agey and I'm not much for that. I'm going to check it out. Any company is good right now.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

LW I feel ya on the coping skills. Just when I think I am fine, I have a come out of my skin anxiety attack. Good thing for meds, but I thought I was past all that.
Hang in there, I would love to find something like that to join. My family and friends just don't get the whole not drinking thing, so I am alone most of the time, and it sucks talking to myself all the time!!! ( LOL)
Old 06-24-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good for u LW!

I try not to let myself dwell too much on the world right now...too depressing...

I cannot believe Trump is still in this race...completely unbelievable...

And I'm not sure I understand the ramifications of the UK's vote to leave the EU, either

Hubs comes home today. I'm praying for strength once booze is back in the house again...
Old 06-24-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I don't fully understand it either, other then what we will see from that is the stock market is taking a huge plunge...... So a lot of 401K will be impacted.

Interesting times we are living in. Who would ever thought Donald Trump could be our next president?????

Scary.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Agreed- more than frightening!!!!

Twilight Zone...
Old 06-24-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi guys the weekend is here again.
I'm in with the kids while she is out drinking. Starting to get very fed up with this.

Gonna go bed early and sleep. At least my thoughts can't bother me when I'm asleep.

day 55 with no alcohol
Old 06-24-2016, 10:41 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi guys. I don't fully understand the UK deal either but I haven't been focusing on politics lately. Staying sober and getting healthy is my main focus right now. Have a good weekend every one
Old 06-24-2016, 10:56 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi all. Treating myself to a countryside walk this evening with bf while girls are at their dads. Cinema tomorrow. Secret Life of Pets can't wait! Must keep focused on my healing and not let this political sizzle get me down.
Wishing you all a peaceful morning/afternoon/evening wherever you may be xxx
Old 06-24-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
Hi guys the weekend is here again.
I'm in with the kids while she is out drinking. Starting to get very fed up with this.

Gonna go bed early and sleep. At least my thoughts can't bother me when I'm asleep.

day 55 with no alcohol
Hang in there Ben I hope you and MrsBen find a way of being at one with your sobriety. I really do. Take care x
Old 06-24-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lonelywombat67 View Post
I feel sad about the British vote now but I admit I don't really understand the consequences clearly. Sometimes it does feel like the world is going to hell in a handbasket but hasn't it always been that way? The messes are just getting bigger.
At least I might be able to get a good deal on Rowan yarn today. Any knitters out there?
As long as I'm rambling, Orange is the New Black is really good this season.

Congratulations to everyone on their success. I'm proud of you all.
I have messed up, again. I can't seem to keep it together beyond two weeks. I don't know what happens but I keep working on my coping skills. I need to be proud of me too.

Next week I'm looking into a women's group my friends counselor is starting or a friend of the counselor is starting. It might be kind of new agey and I'm not much for that. I'm going to check it out. Any company is good right now.
Loved season 4 of orange is the new black lonely wombat! It's very dark I watched it all in 2 days
Old 06-24-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Hang in there Ben I hope you and MrsBen find a way of being at one with your sobriety. I really do. Take care x
Thanks jo I think she is trying a bit she bought me a new glass today and said it's for my juice. better than a beer glass : )
Old 06-24-2016, 12:39 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Well it's a start Ben. Hope you and your kiddies have fun tonight. Banana man again?
Old 06-24-2016, 12:58 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
Loved season 4 of orange is the new black lonely wombat! It's very dark I watched it all in 2 days
It is intense. Im binge watching also.

Something awesome from Twitter. Donald Trump posted something ignorant about Scotland being joyful over leaving the European Union and the Scots (who I proudly claim among my ancestry) let him have it. Most of the replies are unprintable on this forum, but they were vivid and hilarious.
Here's one "Scotland voted remain you incomprehensible **********."
I hope that one is okay to post.

Last edited by Dee74; 06-24-2016 at 03:44 PM. Reason: 9
Old 06-24-2016, 02:08 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lonelywombat67 View Post
It is intense. Im binge watching also.

Something awesome from Twitter. Donald Trump posted something ignorant about Scotland being joyful over leaving the European Union and the Scots (who I proudly claim among my ancestry) let him have it. Most of the replies are unprintable on this forum, but they were vivid and hilarious.
Here's one "Scotland voted remain you incomprehensible jizztrumpet."
I hope that one is okay to post.
Scotland voted remain renain to be sure. They will he voting to get out of Great Britain soon....take care LW xxx
Old 06-24-2016, 02:17 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Morning all. It's only just gone 7am here, but I've already been awake for a couple of hours. Just waiting for everyone else to wake up so we can start the weekend! I want to head out for breakfast today. Then I think we're going to go mattress shopping. Rock n roll, hey? Needs to be done, though. Sleeping in our bed is like trying to sleep on a sack of spuds. Hope everyone has a good weekend planned.

Good to see you, LW.
Old 06-24-2016, 02:28 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Cleaning out the cabinets.
Also a recipe: put chipotle hummus on a slice or two of turkey with a piece of avocado; roll up and enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (36.6 KB, 33 views)
Old 06-24-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Well it's a start Ben. Hope you and your kiddies have fun tonight. Banana man again?
Yep you guessed it banana man! just ordered him (ok maybe its for me) the complete thunder cats box set 130 episodes ! Should be here tomorrow ! CAN'T WAIT!!!......... I mean I'm sure he will love it
Old 06-24-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I'm also watching orange is the new black season 4. It's so good but I think I'm only on episode 6. So no spoilers please.