Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 06-22-2016, 02:40 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Is anyone there to say hello? I'll say night night for now friends.......message me any time. I'd like to think I'm not the only lonely one........xxx
Old 06-22-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hey guys. How was every ones day? Mine was good. Just relaxing tonight after dinner.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:26 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hey everyone-
Just checking in quick and read all of todays posts. Certainly brightened up a gals day, so thanks for that!
Early morning today at 4am, spent a beautiful day up in the Door County area at some flea markets, watched an outdoor concert with some good variety music, and all in all had a GREAT day! I found some really cool things at the market, all unique, since they were hand made by the Amish.
On our way back to our friends house and our "digs" for the evening, one of the rear tires blew out on the SUV on the interstate. All is well, all is okay, except the poor tire. Thankfully, the guys we were with knew what they were doing and we made it back in one piece. 30 plus days ago, I would have started drinking vodka straight up out of the flask I never left home without. ( LOL, sad but true)
Anywho, time to turn in--- tomorrow we are going to some of the smaller towns around here for farmers markets, and then spending the afternoon on our friends land, which is a sanctuary compared to the hustle and bustle of the city life am used to.
Good night all--- I will post more tomorrow!!! Glad to hear we all had a good day. I am thankful for each and everyone of you!
--Camery
Old 06-22-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Elke516 View Post
Does anyone know how to add a you tube clip and a pic ? I can't figure it out....

how to put pics in your post
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...our-posts.html

you can also add them as attachments:

if you mean attachments........

you need to be in full reply mode, not quick reply...if you scroll down you'll see an 'attach files' box...then a 'manage attachments' button...

hit that and you can upload from your PC there, assuming it's within the prescribed limits of size (you'll see them there when you upload).

BUT

We try to steer people towards uploading their pics to photo sharing sites and then uploading them here that way....

too many pic attachments to threads can reaaaaaaaaaaally slow things down .

D
adding a you tube to your post:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post3118917

D
Old 06-23-2016, 01:43 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi guys just at work and had the most overwhelming craving to go home skive and get drunk and the trigger??????? Alcohol hand gel I rubbed it on my hands and it smell so good! I could have drank it there and then! I rubbed some more on and cupped my hands around my nose and inhaled ( can't believe I actually did that ) wow that stuff smells like vodka and I think it's not good for me to keep using it. I was so close to just giving up. All because of the smell of that gel! Stupid brain

Also does inhaling alcohol hand gel mean I'm. On day 1 again or doesn't that count?
Old 06-23-2016, 02:00 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I think you're safe Ben
Old 06-23-2016, 02:18 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Ben-I should clarify....I mean I think you're safe as far as I don't think this puts you back at Day 1. My son wears an alcohol monitoring bracelet and he can't use alcohol hand solution or certain mouthwashes, etc. because alcohol is absorbed by the skin and will actually register on his monitoring device. So, I would agree with you....maybe don't use it?
Old 06-23-2016, 03:10 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Simplicity4114 View Post
Ben-I should clarify....I mean I think you're safe as far as I don't think this puts you back at Day 1. My son wears an alcohol monitoring bracelet and he can't use alcohol hand solution or certain mouthwashes, etc. because alcohol is absorbed by the skin and will actually register on his monitoring device. So, I would agree with you....maybe don't use it?
what's an alcohol monitoring bracelet? never heard of that ? I love gadgets
Old 06-23-2016, 03:34 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Just searched on line. That was a stupid thing to say I don't want one anymore ! In my mind it was like a cool smart watch that proudly displayed 0 or something. The ones on Google image search all look like what in England we call police curfew tags never heard of anyone having one to monitor their drinking before. still like my idea of a mini one just to boost your morale when your feeling down. dragons den here we come !
Old 06-23-2016, 03:37 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Wrist-band device for alcohol monitoring wins U.S. prize | Fox News

Dam it! Someone always gets there first!
Old 06-23-2016, 04:23 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee for posting the instructions I will try it out tonight!
Old 06-23-2016, 04:31 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good day everyone, I'm please to say no headaches today, hope it'll stay this way.

Hi Ben (the sniffer :-)) I had a similar 'smell' experience this morning, walking into Tesco (UK supermarket) and the airblower in the entrance was blowing out air that smelled of freshly baked donuts. I had a craving for donuts straight away and all I could think of was donuts.

So very similar but mine not as dangerous as yours.

I stopped smoking almost 12 years ago and in the beginning I couldn't stand the smell but now I sometimes breath it in from a distance and remember my smoking days. It doesn't give me a craving. So there is hope that our cravings now will easy in time.

I will not drink today! Take it easy everyone, have a good and sober day....
Old 06-23-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Good morning from Michigan, Mayflies!

I read once that smell is our strongest sense, or the one most closely linked to memory, or something vaguely scientific like that. Fresh coffee brewing lights my brain up every time. I never liked the smell of vodka; I had to hold my breath while chugging shot after shot (somehow I managed!)

I hope everyone is getting mentally prepared for the weekend; all that spare time seems to rouse my Beast, causing random stupid thoughts. I have to channel my inner Nancy Reagan and Just Say No!

We will not drink today / tonight my friends, no matter what -- Arp
Old 06-23-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!
I hope that y'all have a wonderful, stress-free day. Still here with you...
Old 06-23-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone...hope everyone is having a great Thursday!

Things are beginning to slow down a bit for me and now easing in to "normal" life minus the job. Made some big financial decisions with regards to my house, etc (keeping it) and settling in a bit. Can't believe this will be 8 weeks coming up this weekend...feels like a lot more than that and some ways and less in others.

Glad to see everyone doing well and staying strong. When we get to the point where hand sanitizer is one of our chief concerns we are making progress (very funny...can relate)!! One day at a time...today will be better than yesterday
Old 06-23-2016, 07:29 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hey all. Hate to be princess buzz kill, but I can't seem to kick my inner grumpy cat. Honestly I'm pretty peeved about staff complaining about me because I've done so much for them all. Really grinds my axe. I know I haven't been perfect but I've given ALL of them so much leeway that they would have been fired or at least suspended for somethings or the other. So, so not pleasant today. Physically continue to feel better day by day but then that kicks up the feelings from the old AV to pick back up. Just feel right now that I'm hanging on the ledge by my fingernails. Hubs comes home tomorrow from his work trip and I have to admit I'm feeling weak after this last week at work. Thanks to all the mayflies - appreciate everyone here. I will NOT drink today no matter what
Old 06-23-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi all. Days started well today. Eldest daughter missed her school bus so I took her in. Nice to be a useful mum for a change! Working an extra day tomorrow so that's me safe for a day of the weekend. Trying to work on being more positive. Not easy but all I'm doing is not putting a liquid down my throat. Easy peasy eh?!
Hope everyone is well. Low level grumps, concerns, anxiety perfectly normal I think.
Take care all xxx
Old 06-23-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Went on Facebook tonight to say hi to an old friend who cut me off a few years ago. Actually it's worse than that and she called social services I was so bad. We had a lovely FB chat and I'm pleased I dared myself. Not likely we will ever meet up again but at least the lines of communication are open.

By the way to my UK friends my little daughter said "please mum vote remain so we can still enter the eurovision song contest" .......oh the innocence of an 8 year old. Love her! xxx
Old 06-23-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Went on Facebook tonight to say hi to an old friend who cut me off a few years ago. Actually it's worse than that and she called social services I was so bad. We had a lovely FB chat and I'm pleased I dared myself. Not likely we will ever meet up again but at least the lines of communication are open.

By the way to my UK friends my little daughter said "please mum vote remain so we can still enter the eurovision song contest" .......oh the innocence of an 8 year old. Love her! xxx
I was gonna vote remain then I got in there and had an overwhelming urge to vote leave. I don't know why I did it. I guess my life is not exactly great at the minute and remain was just more of the same so I voted leave. I was holding the pen for a few minutes. I'm not sure I ant to leave but I'm sure I want something to change. Maybe I shouldn't have expressed that with a vote in the EU but hey Ho my Mrs canceled it out with her remain vote anyway. Ha ha
Old 06-23-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hey Ben I voted to stay coz I am a wimp when it comes to change of any kind. In the morning either the vocal leave will win or the quiet remain will. Confused.com just hope we will still have the NHS after all of this. It's the best thing in our country in my humble opinion. Take care Ben xxx