Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 19

Old 06-24-2016, 03:31 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Congrats August!!! I'm 45. Super busy. Check in later.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

That's so weird PHRD. Our sober dates are 1 day apart and we are the same year in Age. I was born in April, how about you? I also think we technically have the same "sober" date, we just view it the opposite way: I think for you, you were sober on February 29th, for me I chose February 29th intentionally since it was unique and easy to remember as the last day that I DID drink.

Jeni--OMG me too. I always thought you were--well, I guess around my age, which you are. I knew you had been working with youth for a while.

So OT is our yearling who teaches us everything, lol.

Have a good day everyone!
Lee

Originally Posted by PHRD View Post
Congrats August!!! I'm 45. Super busy. Check in later.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
I can finally breathe a little. Got the suitcases so the girls are happy and I have tamped down most of the fires that started in my absence. We had a good time on vacation and I got to relax a little.

OT - This is a big vote. The world, financial anyway, is watching with great interest.

OOTT. Day 141 for us. How is the yard looking? You getting excited about the wedding? Is this your first wedding? First for her? Big wedding? Sorry. I got carried away there. Exciting stuff.
Very excited. Kind of nervous, lots of work getting the house ready in time.
Second for both of us. she has two kids. I don't have kids.
Medium wedding. In my back yard. I have a view of Mt. Rainier, which is what the 3500 dollar wedding places have, so we decided to do it here and put the 3500 into landscaping, new paint. We repainted the kitchen and took down some ugly wall paper and it looks HOT now.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:54 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Extremely immature 57 here.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:57 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Trying to put together a list of our class since we haven't updated in a while. I have gone back a week, but if I forgot anyone let me know. Also, if you want to add your sobriety date, that would be awesome, if you feel comfortable with that.

I know the sobriety date varies from person to person. I view my sobriety date as the last day I drank, whereas many view it as their first day without a drink. Whichever is fine, if you choose to share. I would be interested in how you view your sobriety date. I think I'm in the minority.

So here are our members for the past week: PLEASE let me know if I forgot anyone:
Outonthetiles
Old Tomato
Mel12
Leezer--sobriety date: February 29, 2016 (the last day I drank)---116 days today drink-free.
Badger07
PHRD
SansaS
Jeni26
Sadie1
JimmyJam
August252015
venuscat
amazingjoy

Is this correct?

What kind of music do you guys like?

I like all kinds, but because of my age, tend to be stuck with classic rock and then heavily into 80s and 90s bands. My favorite bands are: The Doors, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Depeche Mode, The Cure, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Tool, Johnny Cash, Stevie Ray Vaughan, INXS, and Nine Inch Nails, and U2 just to name a few.

Also, what are you guys currently watching?

My favorite show of all time was Breaking Bad, and I also loved the Sopranos. Looking for a new series.

I'm into current events a lot.

Not a big reader but would like to read more. Read a lot on the computer though, but not good ole books.

Equally love fiction and non-fiction. I also write poetry and do some painting, as well as play guitar.

Last movie I saw was Saving Private Ryan for the zillionth time last night. Love ALL genres of movies.

Just thought it would be fun to talk about some everyday stuff too.

My hobby is collecting music. I have very large collections of Depeche Mode, Nirvana, and Nine Inch Nails. Way too much money, but love collecting and will one day sell for an AMAZING vacation (or five, lol).

Used to be a very serious fitness individual and hope to re-start that this summer. Have lost 25 pounds since I quit drinking.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:01 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Also, if you feel like sharing, what kind of field/profession are you in? I know some of your's but not all.

I'm a teacher of 21 years, 45 years old, and teach 8th grade science at a very good school in Florida.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:19 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post

OOTT - Truth, having to hide drinking was exhausting. I couldn't keep up with all the lies I was telling.
OH MY, YES!! This was me, and it was indeed completely exhausting. I get tired just thinking back on it. It is one of the things I miss least, for sure.

Need all the positive reminders of why this life is good- I do not want to drink, but am having to sit with some tough stuff today.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:42 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Great idea Lee. I am a couple of weeks from 54 years old. I am an audioprosthologist working in an ENT practice providing audiology services. 80's rock and country is my music of choice. I too like others in my age group here feel and act younger than our chronological years. Not a bad thing for sure😊
Old 06-24-2016, 10:16 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Lee, I just picked up From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah, which is Nirvana live.

The Wishkah is the Wishkah River, which goes through east Aberdeen. I grew up about four towns over. My friends and I were wearing flannel work shirts unbuttoned over t shirts five years before Kurt!
Old 06-24-2016, 10:30 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
OH MY, YES!! This was me, and it was indeed completely exhausting. I get tired just thinking back on it. It is one of the things I miss least, for sure.

Need all the positive reminders of why this life is good- I do not want to drink, but am having to sit with some tough stuff today.
I don't remember a single positive thing about being a semi-functional boozehound. My life has changed 100 percent for the better since Feb. 3.
The thought of the smell or beer or vodka...any alcohol..makes me sick.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:12 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

That's super cool! Oddly, I just got the promo copy of that, which is very, very rare for $3.46 online! It's probably worth $300!!!

Jimmy, I also act much younger too. I heard once that when folks drink they stop maturing at that age. That would make sense because I feel about 20, lol. Getting my long hair cut today though. A kid bet me I wouldn't do it so I took him up on the challenge and it is down to my shoulders. I HATE it. The 90s called and they want the Kurt Cobain haircut back, lol. It's also silver now, so umm, yeah, it's got to go, lol.

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Lee, I just picked up From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah, which is Nirvana live.

The Wishkah is the Wishkah River, which goes through east Aberdeen. I grew up about four towns over. My friends and I were wearing flannel work shirts unbuttoned over t shirts five years before Kurt!
Old 06-24-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I don't either OTT, and I will tell you I am like you. I feel 100% better. I think it was just my time. I think that is REALLY the key to it all. You MUST be ready. I finally am.

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
I don't remember a single positive thing about being a semi-functional boozehound. My life has changed 100 percent for the better since Feb. 3.
The thought of the smell or beer or vodka...any alcohol..makes me sick.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Sorry I haven't been able to check in guys, I've been out and about! Still having some difficulties with that loan but I'm doing everything I can to get things sorted. Also, really gutted about the EU - this decision has a big impact on my future career path.

I can't catch up properly because I'm very tired but I hope everyone is well. Goodnight!
Old 06-24-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

The Doors, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Depeche Mode, The Cure, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Tool, Johnny Cash, Stevie Ray Vaughan, INXS, and Nine Inch Nails, and U2 just to name a few.

I have music from m everyone of these artists in my collection and most are favorites. I will add acdc, Neil Young, ZZ Top and Alice in Chains to round out my tastes.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I am 50. I work in banking and finance. I like exercising, hiking and I do some amateur car racing stuff. I read and cook a little too.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:47 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I never imagined we all would be this close in age and working professoionals. Fort February baby!!!!
Old 06-24-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post
I never imagined we all would be this close in age and working professoionals. Fort February baby!!!!
Or is this the rotary club in disguise😉
Old 06-24-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

So far oldest. Avid music fan... Cat Stevens, Bruuce, Bowie, Zep, Prince (major fan), Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Hank Williams, Sr., 80's, U2, Foo Fighters, Silversun Pickups (check em out) , Hozier. Ready for the return of Rock! Been to a lot of concerts.
Favorite TV: Orphan Black, Outlander, OITNB. (Why all O's?)
Love to read.. Historical nonfiction and fiction.
Ummmm.... chemistry major in sales.
Animal advocate and rescuer (2nd unpaid job) .
Slave to my pets.
XoXo
Old 06-24-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Adding Cure, Beatles, The Cult to music I love
Old 06-24-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I'm adding Alice in Chains. One of my favs. What a tragedy about Layne Staley and also of course Kurt Cobain.